“Amazing trip to Mai Chau Valley” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 457 Activities in Hanoi
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Indochina is a specialist travel agency servicing international and domestic clients in the Indochina region. We can service your travel needs within Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. Our dynamic and enthusiastic staff are well trained and very experienced and are multilingual.
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing trip to Mai Chau Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

As with most reviewers here, we found Adventure Indochina via TripAdvisor. As our (2 adults and 10 year old daughter) first trip out of the heady but amazing madness of Hanoi, we were looking forward to relative tranquility and authenticity... and we got them both in spades.

Although late picking us up (by 45 mins) and experiencing a small altercation with traffic police (no idea why - standard stop and check on papers etc), and quite a trek out of Hanoi with requisite drinks/food break half way through the 4 hour journey, we weren't at all disappointed on arrival at the home stay village Adventure Indochina had arranged.

Our guide Twan was a delight...taking care to make sure our daughter was OK and interacted really well speaking good English. He led us on a bike ride through rice paddies, seeing traditional weavers at work on old looms in stilted house villages (although much of the product on sale is mass produced now of course), providing insightful commentary on the way of life past and present in the valley.

To our daughter's delight, our bamboo lodge for the one night stay was located right in front of rice paddies in a wonderful part of the valley.

After an eventful night's sleep (big storm!) we awoke to a sunny day and Twan led us on a great walk to the local market, and then up several hundred steps to a lovely surprise in a limestone cavern with stalactites and stalagmites in abundance (although some have been damaged by people living there).

Food was really good, well organised and friendly hosts, lovely part of Vietnam well worth the visit before it disappears 100% disappears to homestay tourism. Highly recommend is company ... And ask for Twan !

Visited April 2014
Hai N, Front Office Manager at Adventure Indochina Travel Day Tours, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
We are so glad to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your tour to Mai Chau (Hoa Binh provience). It is a very scenic part of Vietnam and well worth a visit .Twan our guide send's his thank's to you and especially to your daughter ,it was his pleasure to have spent some time with her.We are happy to hear that your accommodation and food was to your liking ,and also you enjoyed the hike up to the cave and the market.It was a pleasure to have met you
We hope to have contact with in the future
By for now from all of our staff at.

Exeter, England, United Kingdom
“Great service fantastic tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We were looking to book tours outside of our more expensive hostel and looked towards Adventure Indochina thanks to their already fantastic reviews on here. It is a decision we do not regret as we ended up booking two tours with them.

Our first tour was to Sapa and it is hard to find faults with anything this tour offered. However the destination hotel failed to pick us up from our bus with our large travelling backpacks meaning we had to walk around a kilometre to our hotel, and those of you who know Sapa will know that it is not flat! I will say though that this is definitely NOT the fault of the tour company and I will highlight that the company is always on the look out for different services to make the experience better and appreciates the feedback. After this positive experience we decided to book another tour to Halong Bay with them. At no point did we feel pressured to go through with purchasing as we were recommended to check the weather first to make sure our tour was as enjoyable as possible. Once again this tour went without a hitch and we are very glad we went with this company.

In conclusion I would recommend this company 100% as it is an environment where you don't feel pressured to buy and the services offered are first rate. If you can talk to Paul I would recommend it. A thoroughly decent bloke who is happy to help with any queries and advice you need. Many thanks!

Visited April 2014
Thank you so much for writing such a positive review of our company ,we are all so glad that you enjoyed to hear that you had a positive experience with our company and enjoyed both your tours to Halong and Sapa, we most certainly do try to get as much feedback from our clients to make sure that the products we offer are up to the standard that both our clients and ourselves are happy, with, thank you for helping us to to keep our standard as high as we possibly can,we appreciate your feedback
Take care ,we hope to hear from you in the future
Deal, United Kingdom
“The fantastic Ms Huong!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I travelled to Vietnam alone for two weeks in March 2014. I found Adventure Indochina via Trip Advisor and contacted them by email about six weeks before my holiday with a list of various trips that I wanted to do, for example 3 nights 2 days in Sapa, 1 night 2 day cruise Halong Bay, walking tour of Hoi An, visit to My Son, and others. I also asked them to arrange all my airport transfers and Visa On Arrival - I never like the idea of trying to figure out the local public transport upon arrival at a new destination.

Ms Huong picked up my enquiry (she is based in the HCMC office) and she was excellent, she made suggestions about which trips would be better and how to fit everything in, how to save money, etc. It was a very personal service and she emailed me throughout my holiday to check that everything was going well, she even emailed me when I got back to the UK to check that I'd arrived back home safely - I thought this was a really lovely gesture.

I also visited the Adventure Indochina office in Hanoi where Mr Hai and Paul were really friendly and welcoming. Mr Hai even gave me a lift to the Vietnam Airlines office on the back of his motorbike when I wanted to change an internal flight.

I arranged my flights and hotels myself, but everything I did within Vietnam was arranged via this tour operator and from that point of view I was a good customer - and in return I received a level of service that I thought was excellent. I've never used a tour operator in this way before, but it worked really well. There is no way I could have afforded to do this holiday via an organisation like Trailfinders or Exodus, I was aware that I paid less for my trips than other people were. I would definitely recommend Adventure Indochina - if I come back to visit southern Vietnam I’ll definitely contact Ms Huong.

Visited March 2014
Hai N, Director of Sales at Adventure Indochina Travel Day Tours, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you so much for such for sharing your experience of our company with the TripAdvisor community.
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in Sapa ,Halong Bay, Hoi An, and My Son
Our Ho Chi Minh branch were very glad to help you plan your tour,s,and we alway's try as much as possible to keep in touch with our client's /friend's as much as possible during their stay to make sure everything is to their liking.Ms Huong is certainly a gem is was very happy to be of assistance to you, also thank you for mentioning our staff in Hanoi
We all were extremely to have met you ,take care and we hope to meet again
From allof the staff at .
Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Helpful, friendly, thorough and honest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

After a few days exploring Hanoi on our own, we decided to follow the trail of amazing reviews and stop in at Adventure Indochina. We were greeted by this very friendly team and sat down to begin discussing our plans to head north in Vietnam. Our main booking was done by Paul, hilarious, and very knowledgeable and friendly, but we were assisted in other ways by all of the staff within the business. We were given many options and chose a soft sleeper over night train to Sa Pa with a stay at a resort of our picking (we still think perhaps we should have stayed at the recommended resort but enjoyed our stay none the less).
We also discussed trips to HaLong Bay and Paul was very honest about the weather in the area and didnt try to sway us in any direction. He even sent us on our trip to Sa Pa with a list of options and tours for Halong, stating that if we decided to go we could just email him our preference and he would do his best to book it for us. They allowed us pick up at their store and to store our bags there between hotel check out and tour pick up, and sent the sweetest young lady with us to the train station to ensure we got there safely and right onto the train and to our bunks. Top Notch Service!
The tour in Sa Pa was wonderful (food was good and the treks were with a fun bunch of travellers), we decided against Halong this trip due to intense fog, but Paul was still very friendly and helpful upon our arrival back in Hanoi after our tour was complete. They even went so far as to rush us into a cab they ordered as we had a flight to catch and misjudged the travel time to the airport.
I would recommend this company to ANY travellers in Hanoi and would not hesitate to use them again in future. The benefit of their expertise and friendly advice spoiled us and made planning other trips along the country seem more difficult. Thank you Paul!!

Visited March 2014
Hai N, Front Office Manager at Adventure Indochina Travel Day Tours, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
All of our staff are absolutely del;ighted that your experience of our travel company led you to write such a positve and detailed review
But the most important thing is that you enjoyed your stay in Vietnam ,our staff were only to happy to share their local knowledge with you ,to help you make the right decision's and choose a tour that suited your requiremet's the weather in Halong can indeed influence your decission whether to go or not ,and unfortunately for you the weather was not the best while you were here to go to Halong
I shall pass on to the member's of our staff your regard's
Take care of each other
Grouw, The Netherlands
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Very cheap and they are really honest about everything. I booked my trip to Sapa and Halong Bay at Indochina and both trips were amazing!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write a review of your dealing's with our company ,we all her would like to thank you for appreciating our honesty, our staff pride themselves in being totally honest with our client's /friend's and giving as much valid information as possible to people traveling in Indochina , we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed both Sapa and Halong ,it was our pleasure to have met you
Take care ,and maybe we might meet again in the future