“Little gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Angel Palace Hotel

You added Angel Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Angel Palace Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   173 HangBong Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #37 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed over Tet, February 2015 and had a lovely experience. The hotel arranged everything for us - transfers and an overnight trip to Ha Long Bay, which was a great experience.

With two small children, we always welcome the chance to eat in the hotel if we need to, and this was a real positive for the hotel. The food was really lovely - mix of local and international items, and some were genuinely delicious.

Rooms were smart and facilities good. They managed to squeeze two extra beds in our double room, so space was limited, but we managed fine.

Great location, nice little hotel, lovely welcoming staff.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Thai first
Penang
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Arrive quite late but the staff was already waiting to escort us to room.Our room on third floor was quite big and comfortable.Simple breakfast but enough to get you going.Location was good with all shops nearby.But be very careful when crossing the road as the motorcyclist can be a bit crazy with their never stopping honking.A memorable stay you might say.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed in April 2015 and this hotel excellent location and very friendly and helpful staff made my stay in Hanoi very enjoyable. They helped with recommendations on restaurants, side tours and reconfirmation on transport arrangements. Food in the hotel was good and the wifi was good enough.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here for 4 days and fully enjoyed it.
In addition to the hotel facility/location/services, I must acknowledge the help I got from a tourist-assistant there (I forgot to ask his name, let's call him Mr. Altamont.)

On the day before leaving Hanoi, I went to the Ho-chi-minh museum from the hotel, and found that I left my $300 cell phone somewhere, probably in the taxi. I can't even check my flight schedule without it! I called my own cell phone, but no answers. AT&T doesn't have data-roaming in Vietnam, so I couldn't use find-my-phone feature either.

Then, I talked to Mr. Altamont sitting next to the front desk.
Me: "Hey, I left my cell phone somehwere. Probably in the taxi to HCM-museum. I left here around... hmm" (I have a bad memory).
Mr. Altamont: "9a. You dropped laundry here then left."
Me: "Oh, you remember me?"
Mr. Altamont: "Certainly. Which taxi did you take?"
Me: "Umm? uhh,.. ohhh. g...green!"
Mr. Altamont: "The body of the taxi was green? the logo?"
Me: "ahhh. s... something was green!" (again, I have a very bad memory)
Mr. Altamont: "Okay, let me make a few phone calls."

He did, and I had no idea what he was saying. It was in Vietnamese. Then,
Mr. Altamont: "I'll investigate a bit more. Please wait for a while. Enjoy your lunch."

That was it. After my Bun Cha lunch (the hotel is close to several fantastic street food places!), he told me that he found the phone.

If you weren't surprised, then you must not know the chaotic taxi systems in Vietnam, nor the fact that green is kind of the Vietnamese color a hundred taxi companies employ.

I didn't have time to ask how he found it, but I guess he probably has a slightly less intelligent friend who will author books on his adventures after retirement. I will know then.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for four night in March 2015 and I have to say this hotel was excellent .The staff very friendly and could not do enough to make us welcome.We are fortunate to have traveled all over Asia and this hotel is a we Gem . If you are going to Hanoi I would definatly stay here it is right in the old town in easy walking of everything you would want to see. Good customer service is hard to come by and this place scored 10 / 10 will definatly be back.......

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed one week in Hanoi/Ha Long bay on March 26,2015 to April 2nd, 2015; 5 nights hotel with 2 nights in Ha Long bay cruise. We booked the package with the hotel directly, the General Manager Mr Hieu was very attentive and professional. The hotel was in great location and the staff was polite, we were fortunate to have one of the staff, Chloe, as our City tour guide on day one, Chloe showed us a few great places and a nice place for lunch.
Highly recommend the hotel but one night at HA LONG BAY cruise is enough, not worth to pay two nights price, better off to spend the money in Hanoi.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor and quiet side room
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hubby and I booked a room with a view but was upgraded to the executive suite upon arrival

Pros
- free breakfast (tasty!)
- good wifi
- amazing service!
- comfy beds
- good location

Cons
- musty smell in room
- tub shower is hard to get in and out of (other rooms have walk in showers)

Awesome nonetheless, mainly because of the service and hospitality!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Angel Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!