“Quiet and friendly place” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #390 of 1,014 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: With an wide array of Asian and International buffet as well as a delectable a-la-carte and the weekend seafood buffet, this restaurant provides the perfect backdrop for socializing luncheons as well as relaxing family dinners or romantic dates.
Hong Kong, China
“Quiet and friendly place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I'm staying with Sofitel Plaza Hanoi for 2 days; visited their Top Floor bar with a nice White Sangria with a clear view of Hanoi and the West Lake once I arrived from the airport. Enjoyed an excellent seafood buffet dinner on the first floor Le Bassarrie; really sooooo many options with lovely attetive service. the Lobby Piano bar had arranged a pianistl then a 3 men band to play some chilling music and makes a hot stuffy night out in Hanoi into a cool and tranquil evening. M. Wong

Visited June 2013
AntoineMLhuguenot, General Manager at Brasserie Westlake, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear M W,

It is great to read how much you have enjoyed your visit to our Brasserie Westlake. At Sofitel, we strive every day to create magnifique experience for our guests, and I am so happy we were able to accommodate you and provide you with that experience.

We thank you for kind comments, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

• Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
“Surprising excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was her two months ago.
And went on June 4 again..Tried the buffet as they were offering 2-1 if you havethe accord Advantage plus I which I paid usd 50 for two persons.

each person were entitled to a lobster ... and unlimited scallops, shisimo, clams , chicken , Lamb Beef pork BBQ and also wide spread of cold and warm dished.

The last time I went the food was so so season was so so.. This time around My guess they must have changed the cook as it was execellent.. the oyster the squid fish was not over cooked till it was rubbery .. I show care was taken to BBQ my seafood.... and pork steak... unfortunately .. I am currently on a diet to try to lose 4 kg in a month.. which I had to tried very very to stopped myself to go for second...sad day for me..good food with new improved cook but on a diet

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Kenneth O,

Thank you for choosing our Brasserie Westlake during the times you were in Hanoi and for taking the time to share your comments. It is always nice to hear when our guests have an enjoyable experience, and I am delighted to read that you really liked the our buffet dinners.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

hanoi
“Sofitel plaza Westlake”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Sadly i revisited this restaurant again after I posted other comments from my last visit in mid 2012. This time the evening buffet. Very over priced, screaming local children, poor and very limited selection of food options. One again please don't go and keep this place afloat-the Mealia and Movenpick are the same price and are of far far better quality and value for money.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Michael H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit to our Brasserie Westlake. We regret to read that you did not enjoy the experience with us.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide an exclusive service experience for every guest; therefore your feedback is very important to us. For those reasons, please allow us to express our sincerest apologies in regards to the inconveniences caused.

I would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have been working on improving the buffet menu, and we do hope that we will meet your expectation the next time you are visiting us.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Sofitel Plaza Hanoi
“Overpriced and lousy food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I have brought my wife and daughter to have the seafood buffet on 28Dec to celebrate my wife birthday. We think the staff there are really not attentive as we have ordered the BBQ stuff twice and they said they will bring to our table but we keep seeing them serving other table. And at last we have to go and pick up the food ourselves as nobody care to do it. there is only one cook doing the BBQ but cannot understand English and is taking his own sweet time to do. One hour later therw is a lady finally brought 3 half slice lobster to our table and cannot see any smile on her face. Actually with VND880000+ can get better buffet else where as no much interesting spread given even though is festive season. And there is no much variety for children as well. So better go else where to eat especially I can see the staff there never smile as they are just like robot. The selection quite normal as there is no highlight for the entire buffet.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear DEKCHONG,

Thank you for choosing to visit our Brasserie Westlake at Sofitel Plaza Hanoi on your recent visit to the city and for taking the time to share your comment. I really regret to learn about the unfortunate incident that occurred during your dinner in regards to the service from our team. Please allow me to express our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences caused.

I would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have been working very hard for the last 6 months to enhance both the service and the food quality. In return, we have received more and more positive comments from our guests.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We do hope that we will have an opportunity to better serve you in the near future,

London, United Kingdom
“Good service but average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I went to the Brasserie Westlake which is at the ground floor of Sofitel Plaza, Hanoi for dinner and breakfast. At dinner, I reached at 9:45 pm and was told that the buffet would close at 10 pm :( We ordered A La Carte and had a tough time explaining to the staff in English that we wanted vegetarian food. The menu is quite limited for vegetarians. However, the sandwich with pesto sauce they got us was very nice. The pizza seemed a little raw and soft. The french fries were very soggy and soft again. At breakfast, the spread was decent though variety for vegetarians was less. I judge a breakfast on the basis of the cheese quality and unfortunately the cheese was dry and didn't seem to be fresh. There was no fresh juice and the canned juice didn't taste so good. Overall, an average experience at the restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear VSplan,

It was a great pleasure welcoming you at our Brasserie Westlake. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the service from our team.

We thank you for your additional comments in regards to the menu for vegetarians and the quality of some dishes. Please allow me to express our sincerest apologies for all the inconveniences caused.

I would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have rolled out new menus with more focus on vegetarian dishes since the beginning of 2013 and we have received a lot of good comments on that from our guests.

We do hope that your latest experience with Sofitel will not alter your trust in our hotel and look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.