“Magnificent building” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Hanoi Opera

You added Hilton Hanoi Opera to your Saves list
Hilton Hanoi Opera
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Le Thanh Tong St., | Hoan Kiem Dist.,, Hanoi, Vietnam   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #119 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Terrigal, Australia
“Magnificent building”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Really enjoyed our one night here at this hotel, whilst it was only about 7 hours here after a late arrival and an early check out.
It is in a very nice area of Hanoi and the view over the Opera House is very impressive
You are very close to very large markets near the lake, and also very close to Old town which is lovely to walk around
We stayed on the club floor, so the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was lovely
The gym was well equipped
So a very pleasant stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonHanoiOpera, General Manager at Hilton Hanoi Opera, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Sandy897,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website after your short stay at our property.

I am delighted that you found our location to be ideal as it is adjacent to the famous Opera House, with convenient access to the famous Hoan Kiem lake and the old Quarter. I am also happy to read that you found our bed to be comfortable that you had a positive impression of our bathroom and gym.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the Hilton Hanoi Opera very soon.

Hilton Hanoi Opera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Loved my stay in Hanoi.. Hotel is good and service is good too. Lacks vegetarian food options though. Fast check-in. Good location proximity to banks. Excellent chauffer driven cars and chauffer's. Hotel did try to customize the menu to my vegetarian needs and I appreciate that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Abhijeet Vishwa... K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response after your recent stay at the Hilton Hanoi Opera.

I am delighted to read of your stay experience and the fact that you found our hotel to be comfortable with excellent chauffeurs. Your suggestion to enhance our vegetarian offer will be a priority for our Executive Chef.

Abhijeet Vishwa... K, thank you for your comments and we all look forward to welcoming you back ‘home’ again.

Until the opportunity permits,

Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The rooms (at least in executive floors 5 to 7) are spacious, with good beds but little storage space. Nothing luxurious but good standard. The executive lounge is a bit above the average, with good warm breakfast. The service was impeccable. The age of the hotel (built 1998) that some commented on does not show too much, and the location in Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem lake is perfect. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear T0mmiS,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience after your stay at the Hilton Hanoi Opera.

I am happy to read that you found our Executive floor service to be inline with your expectation and our location to be ideal as it is convenient to access the Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem lake.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back “home” upon your next visit.

Until the occasion permits,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I love this Hilton Hanoi; I was there almost 15 days in 2006 for a conference. And had a wonderful experience, specially the clean environment, very pleasant atmosphere and well behaved staffs. They regularly do a room clean service, posh en-suite with room and fantastic breakfast arrangement. It's more than a perfect hotel and more than a icon. You always feel great to be there, if you are in Hilton Hanoi. I love this.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Shafquat,

Thank you for your gracious comments about your recent stay at the Hilton Hanoi Opera.

While we strive hard to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is always a delight to receive such positive comment.

Once again, thank you for your sentiment for Hilton Hanoi and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back “home” in the near future.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Hanoi for four days at the end of August 2013 and our stay at the Hilton was uneventful and very pleasant. In this opportunity I didn’t put a lot of demands on the staff so there were few opportunities to interact. In a way it was just perfect. Check in was easy and check out just as easy.

One staff person that we had a few interactions was with Duc who greeted us warmly at every arrival and departure from the hotel and was helpful with good information on places to eat or shopping.

The rooms on floors 6-7 are where the Executive Rooms are located. The business center is on the 7th and this is always manned by very helpful staff that tries to please all your needs when you’re visiting. On that floor they provide a version of breakfast and happy hour with free drinks and heavy snacks in the afternoon hours. The selection for breakfast on the 1st floor is extensive with choices from every continent. It doesn’t really vary that much during the week so after a few days it becomes a little dull but is good for a couple of days or if you know how to time yourself --I don’t know how ☺

Our room on the 6th floor was clean and efficient. Not necessarily top of the line but adequate for our needs. Bathroom had separate shower and tub and included 115V plug which is always useful for US appliances that can only handle 115V. The room was of good size and well stocked with a safe and a flat screen TV with Cable which includes several English channels and even a movie channel or two. There is a good size pool and gym in the premises but I didn’t get a chance to use any of them.

Location was great. Right besides the Opera house just SE of Hoan Kiem lake a short walk away if you want to join the crowds of locals that enjoy the park every morning and evening. Of course getting there may mean crossing the streets, but if you are in Vietnam you already know what that means. North and West of the lake is the French Quarter proper so if you are more adventurous this is also a short walk away and a great place to get loss in Hanoi.

Near the hotel there are also good places to eat at various levels and of course very accessible to any events that may be going on at the Opera House. In essence a good business hotel that caters to visitors alike. For a longer stay request some of the Executive Rooms for a higher level service and accommodations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Orlando I,

Thank you for your detailed and gracious comments about your recent stay at the Hilton Hanoi Opera.

It’s lovely to hear of your positive experience while recently staying in our hotel. Please rest assured your comments will be shared with all of our Team members.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Hanoi Opera in the near future when we trust you will have a little more time to enjoy the swimming pool & gym.

Until your next return,

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel when were visiting family in Vietnam this past spring. It's always hard to find a good hotel because you have to trust the pictures and how it's described. Hilton hotels are EVERYWHERE though and known for their quality, so that made our decision a bit easier. Our total stay was a little over two weeks and we got a standard room.

The hotel looks even better in real life than in the pictures! First of all, the pool area is GORGEOUS, clean, and inviting. We spent a good deal of our stay lounging around it and even met other tourists which was fun. The hotel's style was fairly modern, a little dated in places, but paid tribute to some of the Vietnamese culture. We really enjoyed the rich wood of the furniture and the bar was very nice. We also ate at the hotel restaurant on several occasions. The food was nothing to really write home about, but it was convenient and not displeasing. Between the pool, bar, and restaurant, we were pretty occupied during our downtime when we weren't sightseeing. The hotel offers the other standard amenities as well- shuttles, fitness room, business rooms- which we didn't use but looked pretty nice passing by.

The best part about our stay was that this hotel has a prime location. A short walk is all it takes to get to the Old Quarter, which, if you're in the area, you MUST experience. It's a place to go to really experience the culture. We spent a lot of time sightseeing in the Old Quarter, sampling local fare, and purchased hand-made trinkets to cherish after our stay. It is a very cool experience and a great way to experience Vietnam without going far from the hotel.

The room itself is about what you'd expect. The bedding was clean, housekeeping was provided and non-invasive, and the bathrooms are pretty decent. Again, pretty much what you'd expect, at a price you'd expect for a standard hotel stay. Nothing 'amazing', but it is, in my opinion, THE hotel to stay at in the area for the average tourist. It's clean, the staff is friendly, it's a decent price, decent food, nice pool, and GREAT location to fuel the rest of your tourist activities. I would stay here again and recommend it to others traveling Hanoi.

Room Tip: Our corner room was spacious and had a great view!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Jamie X,

Thank you for your generous review subsequent to your recent visit to Hanoi.

I am delighted to hear that the guest room facilities, location & services of our hotel met with your liking.

Mrs. Jamie X, I look forward to welcoming You and your husband back to the Hilton Hanoi Opera in the not too distant future.

Until the opportunity permits,

Sammo50
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The rooms are better than they appear in the photos and are very comfortable if you don't mind the inside of your room to be the same temp as it is outside in August. The bed was nice, the bathrooms well appointed and clean, all a little bland and boring but fine. Again, we tried 4 different rooms and all had the same A/C problem, which in Hanoi in August is a problem.
I found the service lacking in this hotel on a general scale while some employees were exemplary.
Examples of shortfalls: I needed scissors on check in to open my contact solution and they could not help me and did not offer a solution. A knife was offered but never materialized. We complained about the lack of air and they were not going to move us until the morning, it was at least 30' in our room. We had to practically demand to speak with the M.O.D. Then we were shown 4 different rooms all ranging from about 27'-30'.
I booked 2 nights and then realized I needed a third at the last minute so I booked it separately online. I thought I booked the same category of room but I guess I did not and they gave us the biggest hassle about it at check in, at 10 pm local time after 12 hours of travel, not the time for hassling guests, so I rebooked online the correct class of room and then they ended up crediting me the point amount back in the end anyway? So why the drama?
The bartender gave us bar snacks and when we were done put ours right back into the cabinet where we then saw him serve them to another guest. Gross. At dinner the waiter spilled my drink emptying half the contents and served it anyway not offering a comp. replacement. The concierge prior to check in was little to no help in sourcing restaurants/tours. I needed to leave a package with the bellman for someone we did a tour with, I had communicated with the tour guides boss via email and did not have the tour guides local mobile #. The hassle the front desk gave me about leaving the package without a phone # was so beyond ridiculous it made my blood boil. I won't bore you with the details but it was ridiculous.
The fitness facility is decent. The pool is small and has no amenities like drink or food service.
One employee, a bellman, went out of his way to help my husband source a sim card but he was the exception. To contrast, we stopped into a no name one off but decent 3/4star hotel for help with a taxi and received amazing service. So the old line of its "so hard to find great local staff does not fly." This is not the first time I have been disappointed by a Hilton Hotel in Asia-Pac. I think the brand has some real service hurdles to clear. If you want to market yourself as 5 star you need to bring your service up to snuff. As is a 3 star rating would be more like it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the opera house
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sammo50,

I am disappointed to find that you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay experience. Please rest assured that your feedback has been taken up most seriously to ensure a through refresher training is under taken with all Team Members concerned so that we may enhance our service standard and improve our offer. I have also taken note of your impression of the helpfulness of our Bellman.

Once again, thank you for your candid feedback the essence of which will enable us to monitor and improve our service standards. We would like to have another opportunity to re-build your confidence and therefore provide to you the Hilton standard of service that you have come to expect of Hilton Hanoi Opera.

Hilton Hanoi Opera

Been to Hilton Hanoi Opera? Share your experiences!