“Nice Hotel, Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Hanoi Opera

You added Hilton Hanoi Opera to your Saves list
Hilton Hanoi Opera
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Le Thanh Tong St., | Hoan Kiem Dist.,, Hanoi, Vietnam   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #119 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Hotel, Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We ended up having to book here last minute and were very pleased with our stay. The rooms aren't much to rave about, however they were clean and in line given what we paid. Hilton Hanoi's staff is really nice and helpful. The lobby here is really pretty. We enjoyed grabbing some drinks there after our tours. The hotel is in a pretty good location to boot. You shouldn't have much problem getting to a lot of places on foot or by a short cab ride. An pleasant and unexpected surprise was the superb breakfast. Essentially, it’s a good hotel at a fair price. I'd highly recommend it to couples, families, or business travelers.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonHanoiOpera, General Manager at Hilton Hanoi Opera, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Jeff_and_Lisa_12,

Thank you for your kind comment on this website.

I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your overall experience while staying with us. I will share your comments with our team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We do look forward to having the opportunity of being able to welcome you back ‘home’ when you have reason to visit Hanoi.

Hilton Hanoi Opera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Accra, Ghana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a very well located hotel, close to main city attractions in a fancy district.
Rooms were spacious (maybe too spacious for the quantity and size of furniture) but outdated. We've been to many other Hiltons and rooms quality in this one were on lower side.
Nothing is included in the standard rate, so you have to pay for everything you want: internet, breakfast, etc. As a matter of fact, most travellers get together in the reception, only place with free wi-fi, to access internet.
Personnel is first class and are always there to help.
There is a boulangerie in the ground floor with excellent food and even cheaper than getting hotel's breakfast!
Swimming pool is out of proportion for the size of the hotel, too small.
Hotel provided us with transportation from the airport. It costed USD 60. So better get a taxi when you arrive to Hanoi...
You expect to find Hilton's ellegance in your room but it stays in the reception.

Dear Carlos C,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor comment, with reference to the Hilton Hanoi Opera.

Thank you for your additional compliment on our hotel location and your positive impression to our Team members who have been striving hard to make sure our guests have an enjoyable stay at the Hilton Hanoi Opera. On a separate note, I am pleased to inform you of the fact that we are carrying out an on-going product improvement program within our hotel so that we are better able to serve the needs of our discerning travelers.

Carlos C, I do hope that we will have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back “home” upon your next visit.

Until the occasion permits.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We chose the Hilton for the start of our stay in Vietnam and split the stay for travel out to Halong Bay. All of the staff were very helpful and part of our stay was on the Exec floor with access to the Exec Lounge which was really handy. The rooms and facilities were just as you would expect from Hilton and the breakfast buffet was a great way to start the day. The pool area was also a great place to refresh in the July heat. I'd recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonHanoiOpera, General Manager at Hilton Hanoi Opera, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Tiggytigertiger,

Thank you for your most generous review subsequent to your recent visit to Hanoi.

I am delighted to hear that you found our Team members to be so helpful and that your positive impression of our Executive floor along with the buffet breakfast served in our Executive Lounge was to your liking. I was also very happy to read that you enjoyed our outdoor swimming pool.

We all look forward to being able to welcome you “back home” as and when your travels bring you back in this direction.

Until the opportunity permits,

Grove, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I had a long weekend and decided to visit Hanoi where I had previously worked. We arrived late in the evening, checked in and went straight to bed. Waking the next morning in the Hilton was magnificent. The adjacent colonial era Opera House, plazas, lake and area are filled with great places to eat and shop. A breakfast was included with our stay and it was very good. There are many great things to see and do within walking distance of the Hilton.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and our room was elegant and very comfortable
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear B H,

Thank you very much for your kind comments subsequent to your recent stay at the Hilton Hanoi Opera.

It is wonderful to hear of your impression on our location noting the fact that we are adjacent to the Hanoi Opera House. Furthermore, noting that our location is also convenient for leisure activities as we are within walking distance to many of the cities attractions.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Hanoi Opera very soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed here intermittently for 3 nights in July on our tour of Vietnam, using the hotel as a base for our onward visits to Halong Bay and Sapa. We had booked a deluxe non-smoking room on the third floor which had a side view of the Opera House.

We were glad to have pre-booked a taxi from Noi Bai International Airport as we had arrived on a late flight and the hotel lay almost an hour away in the centre of Hanoi. This was our first experience of driving in Vietnam and the journey was hair-raising to say the least. We had also heard of several other visitors having been overcharged for the journey, which was not the case with our driver, and it is probably best to negotiate a price before getting in.

The hotel is situated in the French Quarter adjacent to the Opera House only a 10 minute stroll to Hoan Kiem Lake around which most of Hanoi seems to revolve, both metaphorically and literally. The Old Quarter is approximately 20 minutes away and it is here where we found the most interesting restaurants and shops. For the most part, we walked around Hanoi but the heat did get to us eventually (39 degrees and 80% humidity) and there were plenty of taxis and cyclos available outside the hotel, although in the latter we did feel a bit like human airbags as we sat in front facing the oncoming traffic.

The daily breakfast buffet was served in the Ba Mien restaurant. There was a huge selection to cater to all tastes. We were very happy with the cereal and toast option but we could have chosen anything from a range of dim sum, congee, chicken teriyaki, freshly cooked eggs, miso soup, sticky rice and a selection of cold meats to name but a few dishes. A particularly nice touch was that the hostess remembered our names every day. As I did not want to be too far from a sick husband while there, I also had the delicious beef baked in bamboo for lunch in the Ba Mien restaurant which I can thoroughly recommend. If you do not wish to have breakfast in the hotel a great alternative just across the square was the Paris Deli where we were served the most delicious croissants and coffee.

My husband had food poisoning for an entire day while we were there (from a restaurant we had visited elsewhere) and was particularly glad of the comfortable bed with its crisp, white, sheets, the black-out curtains, the double-glazing, the very effective air conditioning and the nice marble bathroom with hot shower. This blocked out all the noise, heat and light from the outside world which is exactly what you need when you are ill. After the heat and dust of Hanoi I was also grateful for the wonderful bath and the excellent complimentary toiletries – Crabtree & Evelyn and Peter Thomas Roth - lovely.

There is free wi-fi in the lobby and in the executive rooms, although it is chargeable in the other bedrooms, which was slightly disappointing. As a result of this, the sofas in the lobby were always occupied with people checking their email. The Lobby Café, where we ordered a very satisfactory afternoon tea, was a pleasing alternative to the sofas and a nice place to meet friends.

All the staff were extremely cordial and very helpful, especially the concierge staff where they never failed to answer our many questions. During our overnight trips to Halong Bay and Sapa we left our bags in the left luggage facility and these were promptly returned to us when we next checked in. The cleaning staff left our rooms spotless.

We felt that the hotel is best suited to business travellers and we did feel slightly incongruous dressed in our holiday clothes while most of those around us were in business suits. We also had drinks in the Sofitel Legend Metropole on our way to Hoan Kiem Lake and, as tourists, we would probably stay there next time. However, as members of the Hilton Loyalty Program, we would always return to the Hilton Hanoi Opera Hotel when on business as it is exactly what you would expect from the excellent Hilton brand.

Dear Balmaiden65,

Thank you very much for your detailed comments on this website.

I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable and memorable honeymoon stay at our property. While we strive hard to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is always a delight to receive such positive comment. Please rest assured the essence of your experience will be shared with all of our Team members.

We look forward to welcoming you “home” upon your return to Hanoi.

Until your travel permits,

Yankton, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was my first trip to Hanoi and I choose the Hilton due to my familiarity with the brand. It was only the 67th best hotel in Hanoi in TripAdvisors’ ratings system. But after staying here for 4 nights, my opinion is either there is a serious mistake in the ratings for the Hilton Hanoi or the other 66 hotels must be out of this world. The Hilton has a great location in the old downtown section of Hanoi. The hotel is upscale based on your typical US Hilton property. It has a grand lobby with relaxed atmosphere. In the evening a jazz band played in the lounge area which was a treat. The breakfast buffet was varied and exceptional. My 5th room was large, clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that the wifi as hit or miss. The 7th floor VIP lounge was a nice bonus for my group to discuss the day and plan the evening during their 5:00-7:30 free happy hour. One caution is to be careful of your drink orders in the lounge. One evening I ordered a rum and coke. Apparently, they were out of their house Havana Rum and offer me some Ron Zacapa XO instead. Two double shot drinks set me back $82. Ouch But what set this hotel apart for me was the service from the staff. By the second day most of the staff, greeted me by name. For example, house keeper on my floor know my name and checked to make sure that everything was OK in my room each time I saw her. Their US counterparts could learn a lot from this organization. I would not hesitate to same at this property in the future. It’s a great haven to return to from the crazy bustle of the neighborhood that surrounds this downtown property.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to get access to the 7th floor VIP lounge.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tazmansd,

It is delightful whenever we hear that our guests have had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. We all have been trying our best to make sure all of our guests are well taken care of, valued and respected and I will be sure to share your comments with all of our Team Members.

Until the opportunity permits,

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

On reading some of these reviews it seems others stayed at a completely different place at the same time we were there!. Staff could not have been more helpful especially the concierges. We stayed for two nights initially then back for one night after Halong Bay.
The Sports Bar is quite dated and the chairs need tidying. We found the rooms and housekeeping excellent. The breakfasts offered more choices than most of the other 5 star hotels we had stayed at. There was confusion about end of breakfast time but they did allow us in late. The pool area was basic as someone else has noted. We would definitely recommend again and stay here again. I did not see the rooms or the hotel was outdated at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sheena P,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience after your stay at the Hilton Hanoi Opera.

I am delighted to hear that you found your room, our breakfast buffet and the attitude of our Team Members to be in line with your expectation which contributed to your enjoyable stay.
I look forward to welcoming you “back” to the Hilton Hanoi Opera in the not too distant future.

Until then,

Hilton Hanoi Opera

Been to Hilton Hanoi Opera? Share your experiences!