We stayed in the Hilton Opera for our recent holiday to Hanoi. I was worried by the underwhelming reviews on this website but am happy we went ahead and booked.
Location: Located in the middle of the French Quarter, the Hilton is close enough Hoan Kiem Lake (a 5 min walk) and the Old Quarter (a 10 min walk) to be in the middle of the action, but far enough away that the rooms are all quiet and the hotel is something of a sanctuary from the chaos of the city centre. It is also just across the road from a fantastic little coffee shop in the gardens of the Opera House itself - lovely.
Standard: Many reviews here commented that the Hanoi Opera was not up to 5-star standard. However, our room was spacious, well air-conditioned and quiet; the bathroom was roomy with a great shower and L'Occitane toiletries; and the lobby downstairs was more than comfortable. It is on par with many Australian Hiltons - far from glitzy, but perfectly comfortable. If you want a bit more glamour, try the Hotel Metropole (although you will pay an additional $US50-100 per night). The lobby has free wifi, as do some of the rooms.
Price: We paid approx $US170 per night which seemed very reasonable.
Service: I was surprised by how little English is spoken/understood; but we encountered the same at the Metropole and everywhere else in Hanoi. The standard of English spoken is generally quite low, both at the Front Desk and in the bar. Be prepared to explain yourself slowly and a couple of times, and don't be surprised when a straightforward request isn't provided because it wasn't understood. By Hanoi standards though, it is as good as you'll get, so I can't take off a point for this.
I haven't added pictures as our executive/deluxe rooms were exactly as pictured on the website.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hanoi Opera Hotel Hanoi
- Hilton Hanoi Opera Hotel
- Hilton International Hanoi
- Hilton Hanoi
- Hanoi Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in Hanoi's elegant French Quarter, the Hilton Hanoi Opera hotel is a short walk from the famous Old Quarter and the city's bustling business district. Recently awarded 'Best Business Hotel in Hanoi 2010' and voted 'Vietnam's Leading Hotel for five consecutive years at the prestigious World Travel Awards, the Hilton Hanoi Opera hotel is a landmark in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hilton Hanoi Opera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.