As soon as my husband and I stepped into this hotel, we fell in love with it. The colonial architecture and garden landscape were charming and the service right from the doorstep was genuinely welcoming. The hotel and its staff continued to impress us throughout our stay. They really went out of their way to make guests feel like royals. I don't mean to exaggerate, but this is our favorite hotel we've ever stayed in anywhere in the world. A beautiful, comfortable room is usually a given with a 5-star hotel (and the Metropole delivered well in this aspect), but the hotel goes further with little touches and extras. We arrived at around 11 am and was able to check into our room half an hour later. During that half hour, we were invited to have drinks at the beautiful "Club Bar" restaurant. The hotel also gave us a USD25 spa credit, which we used.
There were problems with our keycards (4 sets were tried) and we found a used teapot in the room. The duty manager, Ling (or Linh?), was very apologetic about this and the issues were rectified straight away. He also gave us more complimentary drinks.. which made us happy =)
We only stayed a night at the hotel as we went to Halong Bay and Sapa thereafter. On our last day, we came back to Hanoi from Sapa at 5 am. The Metropole hotel still welcomed us just as warmly as on our first day and allowed us to use a room for 45 mins to shower and freshen up. There were also tea/coffee/pastries in the lobby that we could help ourselves to while we waited for the restaurant to open for breakfast at 6.30am.
We enjoyed all meals at the restaurant and the spa treatments. Apparently there's live American jazz every night at the "Club Bar" except on Mondays and we were there on a Monday, but we still enjoyed the good selection of piped-in jazz anyhow.
All in all, the only "downside" to this hotel was that we loved it so much that we spent perhaps too much time in it and less time exploring Hanoi. =P
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi Hotel Hanoi
- Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi Hotel
- Accor Metropole Hanoi
- Sofitel Hanoi
- Sofitel Metropole Hanoi
- Hanoi Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Primary photo: La Terrase ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Tablet Hotels, ACCOR, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.