“Delicious and fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #113 of 1,025 Restaurants in Hanoi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Bar, Bistro
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: - 100% Traditional French Cuisine- Wine boutique with 500 different items at all budgets- Lunch menu at VND 355.000+/ 3 courses
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Delicious and fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We've been in Vietnam for a few weeks now and were looking forward to some food that was less Vietnamese. Dc bistro fit the bill perfectly.

The food was extremely tasty - we had the $7 set three course meal with a charcuterie to start (my partner was quite hungry). We were provided with heaps of free, delicious and warm bread. We also splurged on a bottle of Chilean rosè ($22), which after two weeks of Vietnamese beers was just perfect.

The shop/restaurant is very cute and pleasantly not too Vietnamese.

The wait staff speak just enough English so you can order.

Would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for something different.

Klang, Malaysia
“Good value but not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We ate there on the 8 Aug night and when we arrived they seated us on the 1st floor airconditioned area.Unfortunately,it is a non smoking area but some inconsiderate diners were smoking there but the staff are too afraid to tell these people off which is their job.We asked to be moved and they moved us to a table downstairs just beside the main entrance door.We decided to order from the set menu of the day which was good value.Everything was good except for my main course of spring chicken which was uncooked and raw inside,i informed the waitress and she just took it back and several minutes later returned the chicken dry and overcooked,apparently they took it back and just stuck it in oven for a couple more minutes,pretty disappointing !! The staff really needs to be trained better !!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best restaurant in Vietnam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you want to eat excellent french food, this is the place where you have to go. Me and my boyfriend ate the 3 course menu, only 7 dollars each!! I ate the paté, as main course i had the beef casserole and as dessert the red fruit cake, my boyfriend had the carpaccio, beef usa and the homemade cheese. It was amazing food. I don't understand why this restaurant is not on the first place At tripadvisor, great food for a great value. I would definetly recommend this restaurant to everyone. Staff is also really kind. You Will not regret eating here.
Kind Regards, Tim and Lotte (Holland)

Melbourne, Australia
“Great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Really enjoyed our meal here.

We are a family of 5 with 3 children aged 4, 7 and 10.

Service and general attitude of staff was great.

Left feeling happy and well fed.

Good value and very large wine list catering for all tastes and price brackets too.

Recommended.

• Visited June 2013
Hanoi
“Good value but services to be improved”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Generally, the restaurant offers good food at very reasonable price. I was surprised that their 3-course dishes are offered at a set price of $7.

Minus point is the service:
- We have to wait for long to be served with our main course though I dont think the traffic was that crowded.
- My friend had no time to wait thus requested a take-away but they dont have that service.
- I was so annoyed that one of the waiters treated us with different face from those white ppl next table. (I take away 2 stars mainly for this reason).

If the service is improved, I'll come back. If not, I won't pay for the irritation by discriminated service.

• Visited July 2013