“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 489 hotels in Hanoi
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have stayed here for 7 night. Staffs are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is not too much, but enough for everyone to smile.
The location is perfect for business & leisure.
I also relocate my stay to Church Boutique Nha Tho, this is really a perfect place, the best in Church Boutique Group.
Thank you very much, Church Team, I do not hesitate to come back for my upcoming trip.

Room Tip: Take room on high floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Seal Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Love, love, love this hotel. Great location. Just a block from the lake, so early morning exercise was a great added activity. Very modern hotel with lovely rooms and exceptional staff. The front desk and the dinning staff were super friendly and very helpful. The bellman was always there to help you cross the street, which was much appreciated, especially, the first day. We used the Church Boutique as a 'base camp' for two extended trips to Sapa and then to Ha Long Bay. We were able to keep our luggage at the Church Boutique, so we could travel light to Sapa and Ha Long Bay. This proved to very helpful , especially on the overnight train to Sapa. (Tip for the overnight train to Sapa: bring a silk sleeping bag, which are sold all over Hanoi, but we found ours right across the street from the Church for under $5usd).The breakfast here was fantastic with multiple choices both western ( e.g., eggs, ham, bacon, sausage, pastries, etc..) and eastern (e.g. Pho, noodles, rice, etc..) My standard breakfast was Pho, fruit, and coffee, a great way to start the day! The staff at breakfast were all great and really made me feel welcome and at home. On my next visit to Hanoi, you can find me at the Church Boutique. Stayed April 16 and April 22, 2013

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Beijing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked my stay at this hotel a month in advance and checked repeatedly before I arrived to make sure my two rooms would be available and ready when I arrived with my family. But when we got there we were informed our rooms had been given to someone else.
We were put in a very crappy substitute hotel down the road. The next day we were brought back to the Church but given only one room at a much higher rate than we had originally booked.
On top of that, three weeks after I left Vietnam my credit card was suddenly charged twice more at the original, lower room rate. I have now been emailing and calling the hotel for three weeks and they have still not reversed the mistaken charges on my credit card.
DO NOT GIVE THIS HOTEL YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS.
The Church Hotel pretty much ruined my family's holiday in Hanoi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Pleasant surprise to see this place. Very well maintained and rooms small but fantastic and clean, modern facilities. I was on the top floor in one of the two rooms which has a private patio. I would highly recommend this place and would stay again when coming to Hanoi. everything is in walking distance, old quarter, french quarter and the lake. Staff very attentive and helpful. Breakfast in your room or walk a short distance to the other church boutique hotel to use the dinning facilities.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here for two nights and had a very comfortable time. The room was light, clean, spacious and well equipped, fresh fruit and plenty of water was provided every day. The location is good and although the room was at the front it was not noisy. Breakfast was fine but nothing special. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The location is good as it is walking distance to Old Quarter, Dong Xuan market and the Hoan Kiem lake. You can save on taxi (although it is not that expensive) and also explore the different alleys.

I got a deluxe room which is spacious, modern and most importantly, clean. The toilet is beautifully done up too. Most of the front staff can speak a bit of English and their service is not bad.

Breakfast service staff was good though. We booked a trip to Tam Cuc and we had to leave at 8.30am to get on the bus but we were starving. So we asked if we can wrap up a piece of bread and eat on the bus trip, which they agreed to willingly. As for the breakfast fare, it is passable but you will be well better off eating pho in the streets.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel is a great choice - as they keep on meeting the high level of standars (clearn rooms and desing touch) in the middle of hussle of Old Quarter of Hanoi. Breakfast was very good and the rooms are just right to stay for 2 or more nights. Staff is English speaking and willing to help at any time. The price is very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Church Boutique Hotel Hang Gai? Share your experiences!