“World class restaurant in Hanoi” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 1,133 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Pots ‘n Pans is about innovation. Vietnamese cuisine infused with an international flair.Our food takes the best ideas from modern Vietnamese and puts a new spin on them. The flavours are familiar but done differently. We don’t want to detract from what we believe to be the core of Vietnamese cuisine which is a big emphasis on fresh and local ingredients. However, we believe that the produce found in Vietnam should lend itself to a wider range of cooking techniques and presentation.Pots ‘n Pans is a dynamic partnership between Know One Teach One (KOTO) and its training program graduates along with its international partner; Small Giants. KOTO is a not-for-profit organisation in Vietnam that is changing the lives of street and disadvantaged youth through vocational training. Small Giants is a boutique Australian impact investment company that is dedicated to businesses that are changing the world.
Melbourne, Australia
“World class restaurant in Hanoi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I attended a KOTO fundraiser event at Pots 'n' Pans on Saturday 12th July. My only regret is that I hadn't been there before. The décor is wonderful and equal to any New York, London or Sydney restaurant. It is often difficult for a restaurant when catering for a large function. However, the staff at Pots 'n' Pans somehow managed to serve up a degustation menu that tasted sensational with every dish also presenting like a piece of art. All courses had a delicious taste, the sauces and condiments complimenting the main ingredient. The Warehouse (wine supplier) had matched the wines to each course which made the tastes even better. Quite an amazing restaurant and certainly a must do if visiting Hanoi. It will now will be a regular venue for us to take overseas visitors. Congratulations to Ms Thao and Ms Nga and their great team.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“A modern find in bustling Hanoi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Excellent food, fantastic service and a great story to tell! Highly recommend this restaurant. We had a great night, the food was amazing and the staff were extremely attentive.

Melbourne, Australia
“A wonderful restaurant with heart and soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We enjoyed everything about this restaurant - delicious Vietnamese food, lovely polite service, and the story behind the setup - helping people to help themselves to a better life. We would definitely come back again! The prices were reasonable too :-)

• Visited July 2014
Stavanger, Norway
“Great food and service with friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 7 having dinner at this restaurant, and the service was excellent from the minute we came to the door until we left. The food was magnificent! A bit pricy for Hanoi, but definitely worth it!

Classy decor and very nice staff!

Visited June 2014
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Simply devine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was not my first visit here and it certainly wont be my last one either! My only surprise and shock is that I have failed to tell others on here about this place!

Not only does it have excellent beliefs and part of a great project of KOTO - the food, service and style is excellent. OK, the street may be a little tough to find for some, but don't give up as what awaits is a joy to behold. You are welcomed on arrival by smiling faces and welcomed in as an old friend. The decor is modern design and one I am seeing more and more of across Asia, i like it although can imagine others will not, that is the great thing we all have choice. We tend to have a drink in the bar before going up to eat, the cocktails are excellent I am an Espresso Martini man and they do these to my taste exactly. The food, I have many options here and never been disappointed with any, I do not eat seafood so I cannot comment directly on this but my wife loves it. I am always spoiled for choice though with the meat options and whether it steak, lamb or even a vegetarian option I always leave happy!
The wine menu i find to be varied and plentiful in both red and whites, very well priced as well for Hanoi which is a nice shock, a lot of Aussie wines are in the list and I aim to try a few more for my own personally knowledge only, of course!
The cost is not as cheap as some places but it is not over priced and when you attach the cost of supporting KOTO in as well, then the price is excellent value. I am planning to go back soon as I hear they're starting a brunch menu and that sounds like great news to me.

Keep up the great work Pots 'n pans and i shall be back to try more of your treats!

• Visited June 2014