“Custom Vietnam Travel - Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 456 Activities in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Custom Vietnam Travel is a fully licensed tour operator in Hanoi. We specialize in high quality, memorable custom tours. Taking travelers to less-visited destinations to uncover the authentic cultures and beautiful landscapes. You can depend on us to skillfully organize special interest tours, and other comprehensive travel services in Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia. We pride ourselves on our flexibility & attention to what is important for the fulfillment of your travel expectations.
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Custom Vietnam Travel - Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I had a four-day side-trip to Hanoi from Singapore and all our arrangements were handled by Custom Vietnam Travel. Everything was perfect, from the time we were picked up at the airport at the start of our visit to being taken back there at the end. In between times we were taken by Tom and CVT’s excellent and safe driver in a comfortable car/minivan to Halong Bay, round Hanoi and, to our mind the best trip of all, to Hoa Lua and the sampan trip down the river at Tam Coc. Various meals were arranged on each of our days out and all were splendid, as was our stay at the Elegance Sapphire Hotel in the middle of the old town in Hanoi. All the admin details regarding visas etc. were expertly handled by Phuong (the boss!) who dealt with our requests most promptly and efficiently. We hope to go back to Vietnam in the future – this time to the south and the Mekong Delta. I won’t even bother to look for any other tour company – it’ll be Custom Vietnam Travel without question. Highly recommended!

Thanks again to Phuong and her team

Visited March 2013
CVT_Travel, Managing Director at Custom Vietnam Travel Day Tours, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your fab review Mr. SGM20c. I was thrilled to know that you and your wife enjoyed the trip with Custom Vietnam Travel. It was not only our pleasure to come with you along the way but also I did enjoy working with you with pre trip emails, too. I will share this review with Tom. He will be happy to read this for sure. Besides the destinations you visited on your last trip, Vietnam still has much more to offer. We hope to be your host again for your future visits. Take care and thanks again! Phuong Nguyen

Long Beach, CA
“Wonderful help!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We recently returned from a ten-day visit to Vietnam, and used Custom Vietnam Travel Day Trips for our travel agents. They were extremely helpful, and all of their suggestions made our trip a superb one.

Visited February 2013
CVT_Travel, Managing Director at Custom Vietnam Travel Day Tours, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Hi Terry Braun, Thanks for the great review and glad that you enjoyed the trip with us. Custom Vietnam Travel looks forward to accompanying with you for the future fab tours. All the best!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
46 attraction reviews
“Amazing communication”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My friend and I haven't yet travelled (next week) however I just wanted to highlight the amazing job Phuong from CVT has done so far.
From the very 1st email enquiry to the finalisation of our tailor made trip, Phuong has been absolutely brilliant. She has not only been very proactive in her responses but also understood every single need we had.
CVT is so accommodating and reply to each and every query thoroughly and leave no space for doubts.

Phuong has taken care of absolutely everything, even our visas that I had totally forgotten about and I am now looking forward to this trip so so much. This is travel made very very easy! This only regret I already have is not to have enough time to go around Vietnam!

CVT is by far the best travel agency I have had to deal with.

Great job Phuong!

Visited January 2013
CVT_Travel, Managing Director at Custom Vietnam Travel Day Tours, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hi Tilong,
Thank you for your beautiful encouragement. It was truly my pleasure to take care of your inquiry. I could not reply to your review earlier because of the lunar New Year here but your trip has already started. It was good to know that you enjoyed Halong Bay and the cruise. Hope that you will enjoy other day tours and excursions of the rest of your travel. We are waiting to hear how your vacation will be in total. Happy and safe travel!
Brooklyn, New York
4 attraction reviews
“From beginning to end, CVT took great care of us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I want to highly recommend Custom Vietnam Travels to anyone planning a trip to Vietnam. When I was first starting to play my trip, I contacted several tour companies and explained my interests and traveling style. CVT got back to me promptly and seemed to understand exactly what I was looking for. During this planning stage, Phuong at CVT answered all my questions, and I had many! She handled all my requests for information and itinerary changes with patience and thoroughness. Once we actually arrived in Vietnam and started our trip, CVT saw to it that we had a super time. Our guide, Smiley, was simply the best. He was an excellent teacher and communicator, and he made it possible for us to get the most out of everything we saw and did. He was a pleasure to be around - a great sense of humor and an ability to make us feel completely at ease.
During part of our trip I discovered I had brought the flu with me from the U.S. and had to spend a few days in my hotel room. Phuong came to my hotel in the evenings to check on me and also called me during the day. Both Phuong and Smiley were exceptionally kind and concerned.
When we left Hanoi and went to HCMC, our guide there was also a very kind and friendly young man who was very responsible and hard-working. CVT planned a really interesting and fun excursion for us on the Mekong Delta. And Smiley and Phuong continued to call us every day to make sure everything was going smoothly.
From beginning to end, CVT took great care of us. We're already talking about a second trip to Vietnam with CVT.

Visited January 2013
CVT_Travel, Managing Director at Custom Vietnam Travel Day Tours, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear jbellzell, Your review is such a big bonus to Custom Vietnam Travel and its staff. Many thanks for your trust and using our travel service. We were thrilled reading your comment and feeling better to know that the flu didn't affect your enjoyment much during your vacation in Vietnam this time. We wish you a healthy and prosperous 2013 and look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Best regards,
Phuong Nguyen
Hong Kong
“Smiley is more than a tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Last time when I came to Hanoi, Smiley was only a tour guide. I am now glad that he set up his own travel company. He took care of the details of my itinerary when I first contact him. He gave me some good advice and information but not pushy so that we still feel at ease even if his recommendation is not followed. He is very accomodating and even lent us a mobile phone during the entire trip so that we can contact him in case of any need. For the meals we chose and booked ourseleves, he re-confirmed the booking for us and ensure everything is on the right track. As he always smiles, his name is "smiley".

I am going back to Hanoi 2 months later and will definitely go for him again. I have no reservation to recommend him to my friends.

Visited January 2013
CVT_Travel, Managing Director at Custom Vietnam Travel Day Tours, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Hi Janet,
Thank you for the review. It was truly our pleasure to put things together for your last trip to Vietnam with your friends and family. Smiley and I are happy to know that everyone had a good time in Hanoi and Halong Bay. We definitely hope to see you again in Vietnam for your further memorable experiences! Cheers and a healthy and prosperous NEW YEAR OF SNAKE for you and your extended family.

Been to Custom Vietnam Travel Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Custom Vietnam Travel Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.