“Great,great staff. Great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rising Dragon Villa Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rising Dragon Villa Hotel to your Saves list
Rising Dragon Villa Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   43A Bat Su Street | Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam   |
Special Offer
LOWEST RATE@Hotel Website
Ranked #127 of 490 hotels in Hanoi
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Great,great staff. Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were looked after so well here from the minute we arrived until we left. We had some major difficulties with cancelled and changed flights. The beautiful staff saved the day. Nothing was too much trouble. I wish we could find this kind of attitude always. We could not recommend this hotel enough.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front were good and overlooked the relatively quiet street.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

This hotel is a must-stay when you are visiting Hanoi. The location is good, being situated in the Old Quaters and within walking distances to many attractions such as the Hanoi Lake, Waterpuppet Theatre and shopping areas. The rooms are very clean and there is also a lift in the hotel. One of the best things about the hotel is that laptop/desktop are provided in the hotel with free WIFI access! I will definately stay at this hotel again when I visit Hanoi in future!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Very kind and professionalstaff- modern rooms- Internet / laptop complimentary, very affordable, complimentary water, out standing location in old Hanoi. Comprehensive briefing given by manager with explanation on a map provided. Bookings for holiday to Halong Bay was effortless. Yummy complimentary breakfast. 10/10 !

• Stayed May 2012
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Wow, my boyfriend and I stayed here based on trip advisor reviews, we haven't stayed in a 3 star hotel for a very long time! Well, got in and I thought looks like an American diner! No bad thing, I just thought it looked retro. So we were welcomed and told about the area and if we would like anymore help, etc don't hesitate to ask... Later we put them to work getting them to book our fabulous adventure to Halong Bay (it's a must with colombus) and a 1st class train ticket down south, sleeper. They did just what everyone says, look after you, look after your belongings when doing a trip, use a Sapir room to have a shower before they take you to the station, waving you off, ect. So all that done, my boyfriend and I were in the carriage of the train when we saw big bugs, all over the place, killing about 6 they didn't stop coming, 8 of us ended up jumping off the train, my boyfriend and I didn't want 14hrs of sleeping with bugs, yuck. So back to the hotel, they were surprised no less to see us! Happy though and they genuinely felt so bad for us, they gave us a room and next day gave us a refund, taxi and nights stay, they didn't even get the train ticket refunded, now that is service, I don't know any hotel who would take a loss to make customers happy. Amazing, thank you so much, if I had a hotel I would like to get my staff trained in that way, oh and I would have computers in the rooms too, that is a great idea!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Great location with the lake, puppet theatre in walking distance as well as good restaurants. The rooms are small but very clean. The beds are hard, as we experienced quite a lot of places in Vietnam. The staff is very friendly. We stayed here twice for one night. The first time we stayed in interconnecting rooms, the second time we booked interconnecting, but got rooms beside each other. Was not a problem as our children are old enough. The breakfast is nice with a lot of fresh fruits. THey have a storage room to keep part of your luggage when you travel to other destinations.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Prague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I was going to wait to write this review because I had been at the hotel for 12 days and just returned for another 12 days so I am still in residence. I have admitted in many reviews that because of my years traveling for business of over 200 nights a year in hotels that I am a Hotel Monster. Exacting, potentially difficult(!) and judge service harshly. I also have to say that on my past 2 trips to Hanoi I stayed in the Grande Dame of all hotels in Hanoi and enjoyed my stay there even if it is a much larger less personal hotel. It would be unfair to compare the 2 hotels because of their differences but in terms of service Rising Dragon Villa beats virtually every hotel experience I have ever had. Admittedly the rooms are not as large or opulent but at a fraction of the price they deliver the kind of service travelers only dream of.

In the middle of this stay I went to Sapa (which was outstanding by the way) and they not only escorted me to the train and made sure that I was in the right cabin, etc. but also picked me up early in the morning on my return and even if the taxi fare is modest they paid for that too. Where in the world do you get that type of service?!?! The staff, each and every one of them, could not be kinder or nicer or more helpful. This hotel deserves to be in the top tier of any survey of mid priced hotels. I know Shara has been singled out in other reviews and deservedly so because she is efficient and absolutely lovely but I also want to recognize the entire staff for they all work together incredibly well.

If this review is starting to sound like I am talking about my own home it is only because I have been feeling like this is my temporary home. Value for money this is also probably the best hotel I have ever been to. I am always hesitant about over praising a hotel because then everyone will want to come and then I might have a hard time getting a reservation!! Next time you are in Hanoi and want a wonderful mid priced hotel in the quieter part of the crazy Old Quarter look no further.

Room Tip: It is certainly worth staying in a deluxe room and I like the quieter back of the hotel but the fami...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

This hotel would have to be recommended mostly because of their outstanding staff service! But the hotel itself is spotlessly clean and modern. Rooms are not huge but we are not here to sit in our room. We cannot believe how helpful and friendly all of the staff have been particularly Shari who began contact before we left home via email and has provided the most outstanding service you could hope for. We arrived inVietnam for two weeks and only three nights booked here. Within 2 hours of arriving we had the rest of our tripped planned, booked and paid at about 2/3 of the prices I found trying to book in Australia. The hotel is in the old quarter and therefore central to most things you would like to see. The staff help with interesting sights, good restaurants and anything else you need. Breakfast is included which is satisfactory and enough variety to satisfy. The rooms have everything you need and ours had a king size bed. If you don't like a very firm mattress then you will have a problem but it appears this is much the same anywhere. Overall, we were impressed! Possibly other hotels and staff provide similar services but I would not think about staying anywhere else next visit to Hanoi.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rising Dragon Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!