“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars

74 Yen Ninh | Quan Thanh - Ba Dinh, Hanoi, Vietnam   |
Ranked #266 of 470 Hanoi B&B and Inns
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Dont go to this hotel every thing is just trrible in this place the bed is dirty there is hair all over the bad, the bathroom is repellent the sewer pipe isnt concted to the sink.
This hotel is big no no no!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tel Aviv District, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Rooms are not clean we got a dirty sheets and ask to chage them so they change to another dirty sheets. The sink tube is not even connected so the water fall on the floor if u want to wash your hands,We paid for delux room but all of the room are in the same level. Dont sleep here!!

• Stayed February 2014
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

With my two friends, I headed to our hotel from the airport, but the taxi driver (who was in on the scam) took us to a backpacker hostel. As with previous reviews, a man came from the hostel and got into our taxi saying that there were no rooms at our hotel because of an air conditioning failure and that we would go to the sister hotel, the Lemon Hotel. One of my friends had the presence of mind to check TripAdvisor on the way and based on the reviews we refused to stay and demanded that the taxi driver took us to our original hotel, which was somewhere very different. We refused to pay more than the taxi fare quoted on the side of the taxi (330,000 VND), and not what was on the metre, and in the end he was chased away by the hotel staff. A narrow escape. Beware!

• Stayed March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I really can't say enough horrible things about this place. We had a similar experience as others about being hustled from the backpackers spot to this "sister" hotel. We were short on time and just decided to stay because we got it for the same rate as BP spot. It was also a bad location but we dropped the bags and went into the city. When we came back hours later we found the bathroom reeked of sewage and they didnt have a room to change us to with two beds. When we said we would like to leave because of the awful smell the man there (speaking to my brother on the hotel phone) said he would KILL my brother. When my brother asked if that was a threat the man said "YES! YES!". He gave me the phone and I diffused the situation (they had our passports and I didn't want to escalate). We stayed to avoid problems but when we went to check out the next morning a different guy was there and tried to charge us double the agreed rate because we didnt book a tour!! A long argument ensued and got very heated until he finally pulled out our passports. I literally had to snatch them out of his hand and throw down the proper amount of money. We quickly walked out to him screaming obscenities at us. STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We arrived Hanoi airport and took a cab to my hotel. As it was the first time me and friends went to Hanoi, we are not sure of the road. The taxi driver drove us to a place and told us we had reached our hotel. A person opened our taxi door and ask us if we had booked 2 rooms with the Eclipse Hotel. Then the person went on to tell us that the rooms we had booked had spoilt aircon so he had transferred us to their sister hotel (Lemon Hotel). Before we could even decide, he squeezed into our cab and told the taxi driver to drive us to Lemon Hotel. We were very lost at that time because we didn't expect any of this and we don't know what to do as we did not have any vietnam simcard to make calls. In the end, the driver took us to the Lemon Hotel and the person insisted us to check in at Lemon Hotel. Luckily, the hotel had wifi so we quickly did a quick research on Lemon Hotel and thanks to tripadvisor, it turned out that many people went through similar scam. We were so angry at the person and scolded the person who brought us to Lemon Hotel. (we really scolded and shouted at him for wasting our time!) In the end, we left the Lemon Hotel without checking in, and took another cab to our original hotel.
Just to share my experience here, hopefully you all will not fall for this trick, especially if you are going there for the first time. Check carefully to see if you have arrive at your hotel before you alight the taxi.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Was hustled from the second I walked out the airport doors. Asked the taxi driver to take me to backpackers hostel. he took me to a hostel that said backpackers on it and a worker came out and said they were full but a hotel down the street (lemon hotel) could take me.

A guy named Andy at the front desk hustled me and sold me a Ha Long bay package that was 100% different than what I received. Not only was the tour not as promised but I paid double what everyone else on the tour (who booked with other travel agents) paid. I paid more thinking I would be getting a superior tour, wanting to play it safe.

When I booked they said it's best i book with them so if there's a problem I can come back and let them know. I did and they just kept making excuses. I've never felt so angry, I almost wanted to burn the place down (but saner mind prevailed).

DO NOT STAY HERE! They even changed the price on the room on me telling me it was only $9 when I checked in and then $20 when I went to check out!!!!

Room Tip: Do not step foot in this tourist trap!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We experienced the same as other tourists. A guy jumped into our taxi with a letter with the name of our already booked hotel. He brought us to the lemon hotel telling that there were issues at our previously booked hotel. Fortunately we didn't believe the story and finally ended up in our own hotel. We took an 'official' taxi from the airport, but still these kind of things happen, so be aware! And please don't stay in this hotel, you are supporting criminals.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Lemon Hotel? Share your experiences!