“A feeling of a second home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tu Linh Palace Hotel

You added Tu Linh Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Tu Linh Palace Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No 2B Hang Ga, Hoan Kiem | Old Quarter, Hanoi 84, Vietnam   |
Ranked #27 of 506 Hotels in Hanoi
“A feeling of a second home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

To summarise my experience at Tu Linh Palace Hotel, it is one of the best travel experience I had. Ms Bac was patient in answering all my emails so I could get all the answers that I need for the trip. She also explained carefully on thẻ experience on what each tour could offer. She also helped out greatly in planning out the best itinerary I could get on the trip.

Upon entering the room, it had a homely feel and it ís extremly clean. It offers a good shower room as well. I enjoyed the layout of the room in general. Though the price of the room is a little high, the real comfort was the exchanging factor for it.

The staff is adept at solving issues that travellers had at hand. For example, Tim the manager personally walked me to the shop to get 3G access on the first day. On the last day, he got his friend to drive me around so that I can buy the things I need. Being a frequent traveller, it is small little things as such which can brighten your trip by leaps and bounds.

The hotel serves a hearty breakfast which I really enjoyed a lot. The ingredients are really fresh and the coffee has a soft hazelnut flavour which I bought some of it home. The staff always made sure that you are well fed and you could always request for more in the event should the food not be sufficient.

It is a great experience to stay in this hotel and I would give points in their effort to make my travel stress free and organised everything neatly for me. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who prefers a botique hotel which offers a homely feeling and have staff who genuinely wants to make you enjoy your trip to the maximum.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
St Austell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This boutique hotel is a little treasure, a tad over friendly staff at times and a night manager who is a bit hard to understand as he rambles on for 5 mins to say hello. But all are extremely helpful. But there again Hanoi is a very friendly place! They also organise airport transfers.The location is good at the top end of Hang Ga (chicken Street) in the old quarter and within easy walk of the lake and all the restaurants and bars and the night market.
The rooms are clean and large and all works as it should, good shower room! Free Wifi and get the honeymoon room and you get a laptop provided that works occasionally. I would have liked a kettle in the room but it is not really needed as there is always free coffee and lemon juice available in the restaurant. Breakfast is good with great fresh baguettes and strong local coffee.
A great little hotel for the price but if you like a bit more comfort and a window get a honeymoon room, best to book in advance as it fills up quickly, we booked a couple of days in advance through booking.com who seemed to mess up the booking but the staff here sorted it with no real drama.

Room Tip: If you like a window in your room pay the extra for a honeymoon room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very Nice, clean And modern though a bit small.
The staff is so friendly and helpful, we stayed there 2 nights and always had free drinks and fruits. Then when we came back from sapa at 5am we had 5 hours to killl, we went there and even thoygh we were not sleeping there and woke them up they let us in, offered us to shower, keep our luggage and have some drinks.
Warmly recommended place !!!

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The staff at Tu Linh Palace Hotel are what makes this place worth staying at. Always friendly, always willing to do that little bit extra to help. Other reviewers have given details so I won;t bother repeating. I spent 5 days there and was thoroughly pleased with the place and have no complaints whatsoever. Thank you to all the staff. Oh, and the rooms and facilities are very nice too!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rome, Lazio, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed in the hotel a few days with my colleague, while busy with work in Hanoi. The cheerful attidude of the hotel staff, always going beyond themselves to make sure that customers feel at ease in a sort of family like atmosphere, is simply outstanding. Not only is the hotel cosy and clean, but the way of accompanying one's staying in Hanoi without ever being intrusive, is a unique asset which you can't really find frequently! Certainly I had not!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a week in March this year. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there, staff were extremely friendly although a couple of them were very hard to understand which made for some awkward moments.

Great service, they weren't pushy regarding tours and they always offered great advice. Every time we came back from the hotel after a long day out we were always offered lemon juice and pineapple which were very refreshing.

We had a room on level 2, it was small but sufficient. Bathroom was modern and clean. We didn't have a window so sometimes the only way we could ventilate the room was by opening the door.

Cost wise it was good, the hotel was only a short walk from the lake so you're not far from the action. I definitely wouldn't bother paying for more expensive hotels if you're not a needy person. All in all we had a great time there and would happily recommend this hotel to anyone.

Trieste
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hi!
My boyfriend and I were 3 nights at Tu Linh Palace Hotel last January and we can definitely say that it's a really good hotel!
If my friends visit Hanoi, we will suggest them this hotel.
The staff are friendly, reliable, helpful, professional.
The location is in the centre of Old Quarter, good position. It's safe city.
The standard room and the deluxe room are elegant and comfortable too.
It's worth spending the money here, excellent value.
So what I can say more than suggest you to stay here!!!!
Enjoy your journey here!

Room Tip: During the day it is a mess but in the night, after 9pm, the location become really quiet. We staye...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tu Linh Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!