“How can anyone fault this hotel? It is superb!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Essence Hanoi Hotel

Save Saved
You added Essence Hanoi Hotel to your Saves list
Essence Hanoi Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 Ta Hien Street | Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam   |
Offers & Announcements
Lowest-Ever Summer Rates!
Ranked #2 of 490 hotels in Hanoi
Auckland, New Zealand
“How can anyone fault this hotel? It is superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We had only a short stay of three nights in Hanoi during our two week holiday. Essence Hanoi Hotel and its wonderful staff were the highlight of this. There is nothing we can fault. The rooms are beautiful and at a very reasonable rate. The cafe meals were wonderful and with service and prices to match.

Breakfast was the best - so many choices -western and asian.

The true highlight - are the staff! They remember your names, they greet you always, they are all so welcoming and friendly, you are also given a map on arrival and told which cab companies to trust, which places to eat etc etc. It is just all these little extras that make the Essence Hotel stand out for us.

We would be back here in a heartbeat!

The La Siesta Spa at the hotel's sister property, The Diamond, is wonderful also. Yes, it is more expensive than the little local spas - but the experience and the therapists are worth every dollar. We had just come from having massages everyday in Bangkok and decided to try La Siesta - It was our favorite! We have fallen in love with Vietnam :)

The location of Essence was great - right in the middle of the Old Quarter... you didn't have to walk far at all to find anything and the streets are clearly marked.

Stay at Essence Hotel and as all the other previous reviewers, you will not be disappointed.

Thank you to all the staff for making our holiday a wonderful one! We loved Hanoi and hope to come back again soon.

Melissa & John.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Junior Suite - WELL worth the extra dollars - beautiful!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

1,403 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Ballarat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We selected this hotel based on reviews here. Everything others have said is true. Fantastic location in Old quarter near everything you could want. 3 minute walk to beer corner and the lake. many, many shops selling anything you want very close including 7 eleven, pharmacy etc. Also great drinking spot just over the road, where you can buy cheap drinks and sit on a stool on the footpath (or road) and talk to locals and other travellers. great party atmosphere. Lots of places to eat nearby too. we went to Geckos, just around the corner for pizza, pasta etc, when we got sick of Vietnamese food. Also ate at a little 'restaurant' down the street to the right as you exit in the next block. Only 50,000 per head for a selection of local food. Set menu I think. looks sus but very tasty and no one got sick etc. The staff are fantastic and very clever at working out complicated bills etc on checkout. the hotel organised our trip to Halong Bay for our group on the Dragon's Pearl. I booked with them over the phone from Australia and I paid deposit with my credit card. was a bit worried about this , but they were absolutely trustworthy. I would definately book rooms direct with the hotel too as they were cheaper than booking agencies such as Agoda etc. the rooms were fabulous and very clean. Nice decor with flatsecreen T.V and inroom laptop, which I didn't use due to the fact that i had my I-pad which was easy to connect to their wi-fi sytem. This was free also. Facebook was a bit hit and miss, but you could use the computer in the lobby to access and it seemed to work fine. The beds were just right as many beds in Vietnam are notoriously hard. Awesome pillows too. The food was yum, with selection of western and Vietnames and very cheap. The dearest dish was a steak which was only $12 USD. Most dishes less than $5USD. Minibar in room also reasonable priced. There is an ATM at the door to the hotel so this makes getting cash very simple. All staff should be congratulated on their work and I will ensure that I spread the good word about the Hanoi Essence.

Room Tip: All rooms good. We had junior suite which was pretty much the same as superior and deluxe rooms, onl...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Most of it has already been said.

Hotel is very clean with the staff always willing to help out and offer advice.
Rooms are all clean, beds comfortable and quiet.
Location is right in the middle of the old quarter and very easy to walk to most places.
It's not a huge hotel but they are very aware of their reputation and will do anything to maintain it.

There seems to be 5 hotels all of the same chain, that are located within walking distance of each other. I think all are pretty similar.
I would absolutely stay here again - no hesitation.

We went to Halong Bay for a night and left our main bags at the hotel.
The staff at the hotel organised everything for us and I'd recommend getting a private car from Hanoi to Halong. It cost us usd$70 which included both ways. It is a 4hr+ trip so was well worth it.

We ate 1 night at the hotel and food was fantastic.
Breakfast gets busy from 6:45 to 7:45 with everyone eating before leaving for Halong Bay at 8.

We were a family of 4 and stayed in the suite which had 2 rooms in it. They put 2 singles beds into the lounge room for the kids. A pretty good solution and we only needed the 1 room for all of us.

Room Tip: The suites are big enough (just) for a family of 4 to stay in them. They put extra beds in for the k...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Langkawi, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The hotel is in a perfect location in the middle of the Old Quarter and together with the staff that is very guest-and service-oriented they deserve the high rating here. I was lucky that my room was ready although I arrived before noon. The rooms have all you need but are not big and the same counts for the bathroom; I was struggling a bit there with space to find a place for my own toiletries there (normal things). In every room there is a laptop with good wifi connection, a fruit basked and the breakfast has a great variety with buffet and some a la carte options. The staffs are making the difference here: always friendly and helpful and they booked some trips for me and these were without doubt with all reputable companies with great guides. After my 2d/1n trip to Halong I returned here and got a slightly bigger room now, which was more comfortable with a sofa. The staff had booked the water puppet show and a restaurant which I asked them before I left and all was done exactly as I was hoping it to be. Great option at perfect location so can highly recommend this hotel to anyone and will come back here if i would return to Hanoi without any doubt.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Lake Peekskill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights total. It was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. The rooms and public areas were very tastefully decorated and very comfortable with wonderful beds, pillows and a marble bathroom. It was modern and clean. The breakfast, included in the very reasonable price of the room, had a wonderful variety of food. However it was the service that was OUTSTANDING. First off, I needed to purchase a cheap mobile phone with a pre paid sim card. They sent someone out to buy that for me and showed me how to use it. Then, my husband came down with a terrible cold and even more terrible cough. They took me to a pharmacy to help me buy medication for him. They even sent up tea for him without our asking. The next day someone went to buy cough lozengers for him. At the end of our stay they let us keep the room for a nominal fee, until the evening. The staff is so friendly and accommodating and their command of English is excellent. I highly recommend Essence Hotel in Hanoi.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Me, my wife and our 15yr old son stayed here recently. We spent a week in Vietnam, all centered around Hanoi and other than two nights up in the mountains, we stayed at this great hotel. Hanoi is a very busy/noisy town and this certainly is an oasis. As most hotels in this part of town, it's smallish (7 floors with 4-5 rooms on each floor). It's part of a chain, and all the other hotels seem equally well reviewed. One reason to pick this one over the others could be that it only opened last year, so it feels fresh. Everybody is very helpful; the rooms look great (in a modernish kind of way). We stayed in a suite on the top floor (about $100) and I'd recommend it over the standard rooms (well, at least the ones facing the back) and they're really not that much more than other rooms. All rooms face the sides of the hotel, so I dont think there are any noise issues even with rooms on lower floors, but the rooms on the right hand side pretty much dont have any windows. The suites on the top floor have a nice panorama over the rooftops, and although it says there's a balcony, I'd call it a ledge with a railing. A nice touch is they have laptops w internet in the rooms (free). Restaurant is actually pretty good and when we felt exhausted after a long day it was nice to pop down there and get a good meal. Old town is overrun with travel agencies - we didnt use the hotel's but they do have a travel desk which i'm betting is also well run. We used Handspan for a couple of excursions and were very pleased.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Belleville, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It is first class in every respect. Our suite was gorgeous! Very spacious, beautifully furnished and included all the amenities one could hope for. As good as any 5 star hotel. The staff are true professionals, well trained, courteous, knowledgable, helpful and quick to respond to any request. The other 2 couples stayed in junior suites and they were delighted with their accomodations. All 6 of us felt we were living in the lap of luxury during our stay at this wonderful hotel. Book way ahead as this hotel gets filled very quickly.

Room Tip: Because we wanted a balcony, we stayed in the suite at $100 per night and it was over the top in spa...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Essence Hanoi Hotel? Share your experiences!