“Great Service! Good location - 5 mins walk to Dong Xuan mkt!” 5 of 5 stars

Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Nguyen Sieu Street | Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam   |
Ranked #18 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Service! Good location - 5 mins walk to Dong Xuan mkt!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Before booking this hotel, I liase with Jenny and Tracy over emails. They were very prompt and helpful in my enquiries on the room, places of interest as well as 2D1N trip to Halong bay.
I booked a twin executive room for 3 nights. Room was smaller than expected but it was clean, cosy and well furnished with TV, mini bar and computer. Complimentary fruits were replenished everyday. Price of additional drinking water is very reasonable - VND10k for a big bottle. Overall, my friend and I were very pleased with the excellent service by the hotel and its staff. They made us feel at home and were helpful throughout our stay.
Location of the hotel : 5 mins walk to Dong Xuan market, 15 mins to the lake

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We booked this hotel based on tripadvisor ratings and we certainly did not regret that.
If you are used to fancy hotels, the rooms may not be that appealing but you get value for money : they are clean and even have a computer in the room. That is very handy if you want to arrange your trip.
The best however is the staff, they are very friendly and helpful! We booked several trips but they also know the good restaurants in the neigbourhood. Thanks to all of the staff : Cherry, Tracy, Jenny, the guy whose name i forget but helped us to get to the train station (nighttrain to Sapa); the are all wonderfull. The breakfast is good and included in the price.
People in Vietnam are generally very friendly but this hotel is by far the most friendly and helpfull we have seen through are three weeks stay in Vietnam. The people of the Mai house hotel on Phu Quoc came to a close second.

Keep up the good service!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel to any travellers to Hanoi. It is clean, affordable and the service is fantastic. I love the rooms which are equipped with wi-fi and computers and many cable channels. With the central location of this hotel, we were able to travel through Hanoi with ease.

Bekasi, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I book three nights with this hotel and it was great! I booked directly though the hotel's website and they gave me free one way airport pick-up. When I arrived, the staff warmly welcome me. They gave me drink while my booking were being processed and then Ms. Cherry guided me to my room. The room was bright and clean. The computer inside my room allowed me to stay connected with my friends through internet. It was very convenient. What I love is they never push me to take any tour from them. Every time I went back to the hotel after touring or just walking around the city the staff will greeted me with smile and asked about my trip, and even told me where to buy lotus tea which I really want to bring as souvenir. I went there and get a good bargain, all thanks to their tip. On my last day there, Ms. Tracy accompany me while I'm waiting for my pick up to airport, and then they help me with my baggage and escort me to the car. I agree with the other reviewer, those staff should get a raise. I had a great stay in Hanoi thanks to the staff of Holiday Diamond Hotel. Great room and excellent service is what I think make this hotel an A+. Hope I can stay there again when I re-visited Hanoi.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I booked this hotel for two couples travelling together in March 2012, as friends had stayed at one of its associated hotels,and the Trip Adviser rating was high. The Diamond really exceeded my expectations. The room was adequately furnished with a usable bathroom. It was at the front of the hotel so had a street view, but no noise as the windows were double glazed, and the room air conditioned. The breakfast was very good - I tried my first Pho there and it was excellent! I cannot speak too highly of Jenny and all the staff - they organised trips, checked other bookings, and generally made our stay in Ha Noi a great experience. Located in the old town, the hotel was well placed for shopping, walking the streets and general tourist activity. Plenty of places to eat nearby - the Pineapple, Ladybird and Blue Butterfly for example.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front - the windows are double glazed and the rooms quite large. Room 301 has...
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I booked 4 nights at this hotel due to all the great comments I read on TA. I was not disappointed! My partner and I arrived in the afternoon and were greeted by all the staff with welcome drinks. We were taken to our room which was very small but clean. It had everything we needed and the PC was so handy.
I had corresponded with Jenny before we arrived and she booked our trip to Sapa for us. We also booked a trip to Halong Bay through the hotel which was great! Staff were so helpful with recommended places to see and eat- we were never disappointed. They always remembered our names which was a nice touch.
The thing that really stood out to us was when we arrived back from Sapa on the train at 5am, one of the bell boys came and met us and paid for our taxi back to the hotel. We weren't guests at the hotel anymore as we were flying to Phuket that afternoon. We were so tired from the train so they gave us breakfast and let us rest in a room until our taxi came to pick us up. When I offered to pay they insisted "No no no, free of charge" We were blown away.
I cannot recommend this hotel anymore!!! Thank you to the staff at Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel for truly making our stay in Hanoi 5 star!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Kunming, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The hotel staff are genuinely friendly and called me on a first-name basis. They also quickly arranged a good one-day tour of Halong Bay, and were always willing to help with suggestions for other touristy things to do in Hanoi. Breakfast was very good, buffet style, and with a variety of hot food served every morning. I opted for a quiet room in the back on a higher floor; it looked out onto an interior neighborhood courtyard - I had great sleep while I was there. Just watch out for pickpockets in the vicinity; they target foreign tourists and I nearly got my wallet stolen.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel? Share your experiences!