“Good hotel in Old Quarter” 4 of 5 stars

Luxe Hotel
25 Hang Thiec Street | Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam   |
Ranked #182 of 450 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Avignon, France
“Good hotel in Old Quarter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

We booked the hotel not really knowing what to expect. I must say that we were generally happy with our stay and we had a good experience with the staff. We stayed for a total of 5 nights with a trip to Ha Long Bay and Sapa breaking up our stay in the middle. We booked the tours with the hotel and were more than happy to do this. Despite some of the other reviews not happy with being asked for tours, it was probably the best thing we did. And yes, we genuinely felt like they cared about us having the best experience. Which we did!
I would say that the rooms are average, but when talking to other travellers they said that the quality of the room was much better than other hotels of the same price, plus breakfast is included. So I think that perhaps I'm just being a little precious, as they were clean, and very spacious. Plus there is free wifi in the rooms and computers in the lobby for guests to use all free of charge.
If you are thinking of staying here, I don't think you would be disappointed and they were more than accommodating with us for our requests. Also, a tip is book your tours directly through the hotel, I really think that they will give you the best possible rate on the best available tours. While we were there we know of a few people who did a lot of shopping around for tours all for the sake of trying to save a couple of dollars. My advice, book through the hotel and save your time for seeing the sights of Hanoi and savouring the local food!

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 404 before our tours and room 403 when we returned. i would say by far 403 is the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hanoi, Vietnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Not a bad place for $12 dollars but could ave been better. The rooms are ok but not as nice as the pictures show. Also had problems with the water in our bathroom. Had to ask everytime we wanted it on. I think the whole hotel had a problem so it may not have been thier fault. They did fix it to be fair!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Hanoi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

So, I had two bookings for this hotel, one before and one after my trip to Ha Giang. The first time, they said that there was no room available and walked me to another hotel (Wing Hotel) but it was also full so I was taken (by motorbike) to a crappy hostel (Hoa Duong Hotel). I was tired and accepted it anyway. After the trip, me and my partner checked back into Luxe Hotel, but after just one day, they ordered us to change room. The new room was on the 4th floor and with a creepy ALTA right in front of our door!!! In addition, the receptionist's attitude was arrogant and impolite. We were so pissed that we demanded our money back and leave. We then stayed at Red River Hotel (at No 85 Thuoc Bac Str.) which was a million times better. Yeah, Luxe Hotel, shame on you!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Nadi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

The rooms are clean enough but the staff hassle you everytime you pass reception from the moment you check in to leaving the hotel about booking trips with them, breakfast is included between 7-10am but its very poor and if your not there before 9.30 they won't serve you. There trips are over priced and they don't book what you want, we found this when we wanted to book a specific trip, they said they had booked what we wanted and it was not until later when we asked more questions about the trip that we realised they had booked the trip they had been pushing on us for 3 days not what we wanted. We also had laundry done with the hotel and they lost an item of clothing, we reported this immediately and they said they'd sort it out. We asked for the following 3 days and they kept saying they were dealing with it, when we came to check out they said we did not report it and it was not there responsibility! I did not pay for the laundry but $2 does not cover the cost of a $50 item. If being hassled everyday doesn't bother you and you don't book trips or do laundry then its ok.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed at the Luxe for a little over 3 weeks and don't have enough great things to say about it. I worked in Hanoi for two months this summer and stayed at quite a few hotel. The Luxe is hands down the nicest, friendliest, and cheapest hotel I stayed in. The hotel was recently refurbished and the rooms are very nice, stylish, and clean. All have A/C, fridge, and blazing internet (they upgraded their internet service while I was there).

All of the staff is wonderful - very friendly and helpful. I had food poisoning and had to be rushed to the hospital on evening - they came to the hospital with me and checked up on me the next couple of days to make sure I was ok.

Good location - walking distance to the Lake but on a quiet street so a bit out of the Hanoi. madness.

If you're headed to Hanoi, definitely check out the Luxe!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
aussie in leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011 via mobile

We arrived in hanoi at 5am and the receptionist was asleep but before we could knock he was awake and he let us in and held our luggage we went for a walk and at 8am we checked in the hotel gave us a free early check in if we booked a tour through them (half a nightly rate was the fee of we didnt book a tour with them) we had a good stay rooms were clean and beds were good no english tv but then it is vietnam! Breakfast was average but good if you have the budget I would go out for breakfast at one of the many cafes nearby - ask reception for a map as the old quater is very confusing she had good tips for places to eat as well
No lift was a downer as our room was on the fourth floor but free wifi and cputers was good.i would stay there again

• Stayed September 2011
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011 via mobile

My friend and I walked by Luxe and decided to ask to see rooms. Nzan, the receptionist showed us two very clean and quiet rooms. This hotel is so nice I stayed here on two separate short trips to Hanoi. Nzan and the staff are really helpful, booking tours, and helping get a very early morning airport taxi. I highly recommend staying here. The rooms are a good value for the price. Thanks, Luxe Hotel!

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Luxe Hotel? Share your experiences!