“Trust me: this is one to avoid” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Helsinki, Finland
“Trust me: this is one to avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

The food is of poor quality - halfway between Western and Vietnamese. Rice paper rolls were soggy, beef, in chillies and garlic, tasted spoiled. Chicken was overcooked and not spiced at all - and it was supposed to be a Vietnamese dish but maybe they messed it up in the kitchen and ended serving it in western style. Best avoided. Maybe ok for drinks only.

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Paradise Point, Australia
“Sadly found this restaurant on our last night in Hanoi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Sit back, relax, enjoy a cocktail and let the waiter choose for you. He enticed us in with "If you dont like it, you dont have to pay" and we enjoyed wonderful Vietnamese meals from the specials board. Good variety and well priced, very friendly staff. Would definitely return.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Great food & Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

We ate here twice with our family with the restaurant across the road from our Golden Land Hotel.
Lovely food & drinks & very reasonably priced. Beautiful little set up. Our kids enjoyed the upstairs room the most, such a cool little joint :)

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, Bermuda
“The Gecko on Hang Manh should be hung!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

A friend of mine and I ate here hoping for a bit of western food.....I ordered pancakes and friend eggs and bacon....and got four plain folded crepes with jam on the side and an oily omelet with ham in it. My friends fruits salad with honey and coconut cream was a cup of oranges and banana's with a spoonful of yogurt on top. The staff were rude and not helpful, and still charged us the full price even though I explained (calmly) this was not what I ordered! Avoid avoid avoid!

Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“A great choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We've been here three times during our trip to Hanoi and would definitely go back. Mostly, I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and reasonable prices. The furniture is comfortable, there's a great music selection, and the staff are friendly, but not overbearing.

There's plenty to choose from on the menu too, although I would've liked to see more variety in the vegetarian section (perhaps more types of curry). Then again, for 50.000d-200.000d, it's hard to truly complain about selection. I really liked that I didn't feel pressured to leave after I had finished my meal, as I have felt in other Hanoi restaurants.

Overall, a great choice for Vietnamese or Western dishes, or even just a drink!

• Visited December 2013