“Lost my laundry, bad service.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Hanoi Holiday Silver Hotel to your Saves list
Hanoi Holiday Silver Hotel
9A /10 Ngo Huyen str.., | Hoan Kiem, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #201 of 506 Hotels in Hanoi
“Lost my laundry, bad service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

To stay in the hotel is okay. The people are nice, if there's no problem. It's clean. But don't let them do your laundry. I lost my bag, was very special for me. Went back to the hotel for three times to ask and look for the bag. In the first place the tried to help me. But when they knew my bag was lost the changed their service and told me I was lying and the make fun of me. While we were argumenting the guy was looking at naked women on the computer. Rude, I think. I was trying to get some money to compromise that they lost my bag and that was almost impossible. Anyway i've got 20 dollars back, not even close to what the bag was worth. So if you go there, yeah on the first place it looks nice. But in the second place, the are rude, not customer friendly and the service is horrible.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed here on a recent trip to Hanoi and really enjoyed the hotel. It was clean and comfortable and in a great location. The staff were helpful in suggesting restaurants and sights in the area. They were a bit aggressive on selling tours but backed off when we said we needed some time to think about options. We ended up booking several tours through them and were very happy with the price and service we received.

Pros: good location, helpful staff, breakfast included, good tours, free WiFi
Cons: no elevator so you may have to walk a lot of stairs, tour options presented for Halong Bay were a bit confusing but when we pressed for firm details, it worked out great

I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located at the heart of the city. Easy excess to shop, food, heritage. Rooms are extremely big n clean.Miss Hien is a manager of the hotel and she is English orientated.Being helpful and friendly that make our stayed most enjoyable:) Thanks.

• Stayed March 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just came back Vietnam in August and stayed at this hotel for few days, everything was perfect. The room is clean and so nice. The breakfast was good, thats not buffet one, but they have all I need for a breakfast. The staff was so friendly, especially Ms. Hien in the front desk. Always cares what I want, where i should go and make sure I feel happy. She helped me to book the trips to Ha Long Bay and Sapa... All good. Wow, good price and good services!
If i come back Hanoi oneday and I will stay here for a good value!

Room Tip: Stay in the room 201 as it has balcony which is so lovely.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bandung
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stay in this hotel on our second time came to Hanoi.
Location was good, walking to Hoan Kim Lake aroung 12 minutes.
This hotel have no lift, so be prepared to going up to 5th floor without lift.
The staff was very helpful and nice.
We booked family room for 2A and 2C only 40 USD per night. Room was clean and nice.
Breakafast was nice, we can choose bread and egg or vietnamese pho.
If you want to go to Halong Bay, you can keep your luggage at the hotel.
Wifi available at all room and free of charge.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Milano, Lombardia, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel , is ok, also the position is not bad. The problem is the woman at reception:dishonest. She made us pay twice for the room, and we figured it ou only two days later. We had made the reservation on line, and we didn't now that we had already payed with credit card. We asked and she said no, you have to pay now.
If you stay there be careful about her, trying to sell tourist tour, more expensive than the others.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

A clean hotel, spacious room. Staff are helpful and friendly. The hotel is very near to the Old Quarter and food is not a problem there. You can book for tour in the hotel, very reasonable price. I will strongly recommend my friends to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hanoi Holiday Silver Hotel? Share your experiences!