“Simply Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi - MGallery Collection

You added Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29 Trang Tien Street | Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Business Package
Ranked #63 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Simply Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Perfect service, location and facilities. The bed was just glorious. We really enjoyed our time and had the opportunity to walk to interesting locations near by. The restaurant is something special and we really enjoyed the local options offered. The breakfast was excellent and the ambience make you feel special. I definitely recommend this hotel and I would visit again in the near future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HoteldelOpera, General Manager at Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Rod_Valens,

Thank you for your kind comments on tripadvisor.com with regards to Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi.

I am delighted that you have had 'fantastic' experience while staying with us, especially with regards to the room, the restaurant and the breakfast.

Thank you again and we do look forward to welcoming you back when you have reasons to visit Hanoi.

General Manager- Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Vietnamese first
Kingston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My friend and I stayed her for 2 nights and we felt like "The Princess and the Pea"...literally, our beds were like 4 feet off the ground and SOOOOOO comfortable :) The hotel's location is great, we walked to everything pretty much and staff were friendly and attentive. The room was gorgeous, the tile work in the spacious bathroom beautiful. Breakfast was delicious as well (oh, I'm missing my daily croissant big time). We would stay here again if we go back to Ha Noi, highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear bridgton,

Thank you for spending a moment to write a review on Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi on tripadvisor.com

I am very happy to know that you found the stay experience is of 'The Princess and the Pea'. I am glad to hear that you like our bed, the hotel's location, the bathroom tile work and the breakfast.

We look forward to having a chance to welcome you back that the soonest.

Until the time permits

General Manager- Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying here last Christmas and we were upgraded to a corner suite. Wow! The room was humongous with a sitting area with a huge lcd tv, a dining room, 2 bathrooms (one with a clawfoot tub) and a huge bed that had a tv that raised from the bottom of the bed with a push of a button. We had a view of the Opera house from our room. The suite also came with afternoon drinks and appetizers at the bar. This is a great hotel in a nice location by the lake.

Room Tip: Watch out for Accor Hotels frequent 50% off sale and reserve a suite.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear 4Trav,

Thank you for your kind comments toward Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi subsequent to your recent stay with us.

It's always a great pleasure to receive such a postive feedback. And I am glad to know that you had pleasant time staying with us, and you especially like the suite and its benefits, the hotel's location and its view over looking the Opera House.

Thank you again and we would welcome back to Hanoi soon

Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi
Brighton, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I took the advice of others who had stayed here regarding room choice, and asked for a quiet room on the top floor, which we got both times we stayed here ie before and after Halong Bay cruise.

We spent 4 nights in room 810, one of the basic rooms which was a little small, then 1 night in room 814, a bigger room on a return visit which I think was a free upgrade.

Everything I read about this place was true.

Positives:
- The decor is very theatrical and unusual, made me smile and shake my head at times, but quite luxurious
- The ground floor courtyard does echo to the top of the building, but wasn't a big deal for us
- The beds are very high off the floor, made me feel like a princess, and so comfortable
- The staff were so helpful - I've never understood why travellers say this until it came to me needing help which I don't usually, and they made me feel very comfortable about asking. They also pointed us to a wonderful restaurant, Quan An Ngon which became a favourite.
- The bathrobes were the plushest I've ever felt, they were great, sorry I didn't buy one
- Roger & Gallet toiletries, very lush
- Excellent lighting in the bathroom, one of the best I've stayed in for putting make up on, steam free !
- Overhead rain shower or normal shower, your choice
- Really well located, short taxi rides to everywhere but most of the time we walked as things were so close
- The staff took our request for a quiet room very seriously and on each check in, quoted it back to me as I had written it in our reservation - Hanoi drivers toot their horns incessantly, so glad we asked for this.
-frosted glass panels in the bathroom ensure privacy in both shower and toilet, a nice touch

NOT so positives:

- the main reason I chose this hotel instead of the Hilton was that they had a pool. Unfortunately it was unheated, may as well have tried to swim in ice cubes. On a really hot day in Hanoi when I REALLY wanted a dip, I was pretty mad that I couldn't have one, just had to make do with splashing some water on my legs and face. The pool deck was very nice with good view of the opera house. VERY disappointed the pool was unusable.

- The lighting in the room was a bit too mysterious; had to turn on each light individually and still ended up with gloom; I think it's meant to be romantic.

- Like all hotels we have stayed in, they only cater for one suitcase when clearly 2 people have 2 suitcases - the 2nd case had to go on the floor. Another luggage rack would have been great and I regret I didn't ask for one; I'm sure they would have obliged.

-Only the suites have baths, all the rest have showers

I'd stay there again if they got the pool heating sorted out, and I'd stay in a mid range room not the basic which is a bit too small.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor (8th floor) for quieter rooms. Upgrade to a bigger room (the one above deluxe...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a night after a trip to Halong Bay and wished we had stayed longer. Centrally located for easy access to the wonders of Hanoi, and an early morning stroll around the lake. Accommodation was of a high standard.  The bed incredibly comfortable.  We could have slept for several days it was that lovely.  We will be coming back here!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel was furnished by a colour blind staffer let loose with the corporate credit card in a home furnishing remainder outlet, but somehow it works. The rooms are full of crazy tile patterns, odd colour combinations and eccentric fittings (which are also found for sale in the city malls if you like them). The rooms are centred around the beds, which are very very high and dominate, so if you have a lot of luggage this may leave little space. Half the rooms face a central covered atrium which can be very noisy, particularly as the hotel insists on playing ambient musk at high volume throughout much of the hotel.

The staff are friendly and helpful and the location is great.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs if you like to sleep in
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!