“Good and Bad” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #321 of 457 Activities in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: The Company Sinhcafe - Open Tour provides detail information in a wide range of media. Our aim is to help you make your choice possible, especially for those who like to free & easy way to travel throughout Vietnam by Open Bus Tour
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good and Bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Overall I enjoyed the trip, except towards the end...When I booked the tour with a lady staff who promised to pickup and drop off to and from the hotel, I thought that was very convenience as I'm not staying at a hotel near Sinh Tourist. I paid VND 721,000 for the tour (lunch included) and VND130,000 (paid to boat operator at Halong Bay) for the boat ride surrounding Halong Bay.

They picked me up 7 am in the morning of 22/02/2014, it was a 4 hour ride by bus (started at 8:30 am), 4 hours touring around Halong Bay + caves and 4 hours back to Hanoi City. There will be a biological break at a stop in between (after 1.5 or 2 hours) which is quite considerate and reasonable. I must say the trip was enjoyable. During the tour, I met with Thai, Chilean and very friendly Vietnamese local tourists.

However, when the tour finished and we finally arrived at Hanoi City at around 8:40 pm, myself and another 2 groups (we were staying at 3 different hotels) was asked to board a taxi to get back to our hotels. The tour guide paid in advance very little taxi fare and in the end I need to top it up myself. What an irresponsible tour guide!

The next day I went to their office explained to them the situation. Two staffs, a man and a woman were investigating and after a while they quickly reimbursed me the balance and apologized to me. I must say that it was not about the money but the promise made when the tour was booked. I believe Sinh Tourist needs more professional staffs in the office with such efficiency like the two staffs responding to my feedbacks, not the one like the tour guide who lumped everyone into a taxi and paid very little money to brush us off. Please help me to say thank you for the lady staff who helped me to book the tour and those two staffs who listened to me carefully, apologized and reimbursed the money back to me promptly. I suggest Sinh Tourist should make it an effort to send us back to our respective hotels instead of paying us in advance a sum of unreasonable taxi fare to brushed us off. I am overall satisfied and happy with Sinh Tourist except the small hiccup caused by the tour guide.

I will definitely consider a tour with Sinh Tourist again in my next trip here.

p.s: My previous review was wrongly posted to Sinh Cafe Travel, reported many times but no action was taken. This explain why I re-post my review again here, the right location.

Visited February 2014

Bangkok, Thailand
15 attraction reviews
“Nice but exausting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Booked the one day Tour to Halong bay. Seems now even the Sinh Tourist (former Sinh cafe) is getting a normal Tour provider.
Why?
Booked kajaking (not availeble different) and on the place where given the opportunity to choose Bamboo boat or Kajak. Same price: 140000Dong, that means the lokals make more money 3 Days than a doctor a month!!! Still the guide tells the locals are POOR! Not professional! And as we prefered Bamboo boat to kajak we had to pay again. WhY? " Its different families!) An answer cant be more stupid.
You know why drinks are not included? Because you are expected to pay 30000Dong for a spftdrink on the boat! WHY? They have to COOL it! Normal price starts at 5000Dong! Cold!
Enough to tell: dissapointed, But nice nature even though the water is extremly dirty because they all try to make more money and dont give any thoughts how to improve. Shells are already dead because of pollution!
If You have time I strongly recommend to do a 2 or 3 day trip or longer by yourself. Much cheaper and much nicer the the fixed tours and extremly easy to do so, just take train or publik bus near the harbour

Visited January 2014
“Nightmare Warning! Sinh sleeping bus!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

It was the worst experince i ever had! on 14 Jan 2014 i got on a dirty old sleeping bus with no toilet on the bus!! 16 hrs journey from Hue to Hanoi only one stop for proper toilet and once done it on a muddy field with a few men and women!! The driver made many stops to picked up his local friends 7-8 p for a free ride to hanoi! They had a party on the bus while their driver friend is on duty! Kept drinking beer ,eating ,smoking .all sat around the driver chatting laughing very loud during the night! No one can slept well, Too noise! Will not use Sinh tourist again!

TheSinhT0urist, Manager at The Sinh Tourist Day Tours, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Pat,

We are sorry to hear about your experiences.

However, all of TheSinhTourist's buses are equipped with toilets. They are well functional.

Moreover, our drivers are well-trained and professional

Thus the way you described the bus, the driver, it appeared that you might have bought a 'fake' TheSinhTourist's bus ticket in Hanoi.

Kindly be aware that many 'fake' TheSinhTourist's offices at Luong Ngoc Quyen St.

One Luong Ngoc Quyen St. but there are many stores with an address 52!!

So look carefully for our logo, our company's colour and visit our website: www.thesinhtourist.vn for assurance

Gouda, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
“3 days 2 nights Ha Long Bay trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We booked this trip to celebrate Newyearseve in Ha Long Bay. We were told to bring our own drinks, which should be allowed by the crew. However when the drinks were opened, the crew started yelling and shouting at us and even threatened one of the other girls. This is really unacceptable towards your customers. The view of Ha Long Bay was great, but there was no communication from the tourguide and crew and at every stop we ended up waiting for more than an hour before going on. We heard that other people got ripped of, with exactly the same tour, by paying almost $200 dollars per person, where we paid only $65 per person. The facilities were right for the price we paid, nothing more and nothing less. The food was ok, but not enough. We started with 5 persons on one table and ended up with 8 persons, but the amount of food stayed the same.
All in all, don't expect too much and be prepared for a lot of waiting and a lot of hunger.

Visited December 2013
Kinokawa, Japan
5 attraction reviews
“Catch the train!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I just wanted to get from Hoi An to Hue. It's a four-hour trip. It didn't need two twenty minute stops, plus another fuel stop where the driver sat and spent ten minutes slurping down pho and tea whilst the rest of us sat in the bus looking on, hungry and impatient. Suffice to say, we were quite late, when it should have been a simple case of driving from A to B.

I used this service because they had a good reputation, but never again! I'm catching the train next time!!

Visited December 2013