“A Gem in the middle of the Old Quater-HANOI” 5 of 5 stars

May de Ville Old Quarter Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   43 Gia Ngu St | Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi 844, Vietnam   |
Ranked #174 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Vancouver, Canada
“A Gem in the middle of the Old Quater-HANOI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

My husband and I were planning on staying at the May De Ville Old Quarter Hotel for one night and ended up staying for four! The staff, the rooms and the overall service were amazing. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with smiles and the Customer Service Manager Dao was quick to introduce himself and to let us know that if there was anything we needed, just to ask. We planned then to stay two nights before travelling to Halong Bay for a cruise for 2 days (which I also highly recommend) but after exploring the city of Hanoi and realizing that we had everything at our fingertips at the May De Ville we decided to return for another two. The hotel was so happy to have us back that they upgraded us to a larger room at the same price. The rooms by the way are very nice and even though it is in an old building they have been upgraded and have a very modern feel. Although this hotel does not have all the amentities such as a pool (which in my opinion is the only reason it is considered a 3 star), it really should be considered a 4 star with everything else it provides!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I had a great time at this hotel and it was well worth the price. The staff was kind, caring and welcoming and everytime I entered the lobby they greeted me with smiles and knew me by name.

They went out of their way to accomodate me (I asked for a DVD player...twice, needed the safe fixed, couldn't figure out how to turn on the shower...I'm dumb).

I liked it so much that when I got back to Hanoi and needed to spend two nights there last minute I didn't even think about checking out anything else. I went straight to the lobby and they remembered who I was and were very helpful booking a last minute room.

Oh yeah! And they had seperate WiFi Routers on each floor so you were sure to get a good connection...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

A place of comfort to return to after travelling around the city. Great staff service and definitely my choice of stay when I return to visit again.

• Stayed May 2011
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

The central location and friendliness of the staff and management made th May de Ville seem like our own little home in Hanoi. Breakfast was always good and everything is on your doorstep. Our room was large and quiet and the price made for excellent value. We couldn't be happier with this hotel .

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I stayed in the May de Ville Old Quarter Hotel in April 2011 for 2 nights.Despite the noisy bikes outside, the hotel was very quiet. Rooms were clean and comfortable .So centrally located and staff so friendly and helpful. Dao (the customer service manager) Feel my trip at Hanoi was very happy.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights and found the location, room and staff to all be fantastic. The one thing I was impressed by was when I discovered my credit card was double debited, all it took was an email and a refund was processed to my account within a couple of days! Would definitely stay here again..

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

When we arrived, there was another couple who said this hotel was fantastic and my partner & I knew we had chosen the right hotel. The hotel was clean and service and staff were wonderful. The first night we stayed in a massive double room which was extremely clean and the beds were very comfortable. The next night we moved into a slightly smaller room however still the same quality of cleanliness and comfort.
Dao Do the customer service manager was extremely wonderful and helped us as much as he could. When my partner got sick and we had to stay an extra unplanned night, Dao was so understanding and didn't move our rooms even though there was a guest checking into the room that night.
The breakfast was incredible! Best food out of all the hotels we stayed out, my partner and I always looked forward to breakfast in the morning.
This was definitely our favourite hotel out of all the places we stay in Vietnam. I am so glad we stayed there and miss the wonderful staff very much.
If you are looking for amazing customer service, this hotel has it all. Highly recommended hotel and I would stay there again.
Perfect for business or leisure.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to May de Ville Old Quarter Hotel? Share your experiences!