“nice tour guides” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 457 Activities in Hanoi
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Awesome Travel for Awesome Travelers, specializing in some private as well as customized tours to suit your desires and expenses. Come with us you will enjoy our local charm in Vietnam.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Singapore
14 attraction reviews
“nice tour guides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I had booked 3 tours from Awesome Travel namely - Sunday morning tour; Hanoi private city tour and Tho Ha village tour.

The boss, Mr Anh was prompt in his replies to my emails and there is no deposit to be paid prior to arrival in Hanoi.

The morning tour was a bit disappointing because of the rain hence we did not go for the breafkast which the guide wanted to introduce.

Local tour was catered to what we wanted and we were brought to a nice place for lunch - it is a new place which is going to be a Home Stay in the near future; about 20mins from Hanoi City. Peaceful and clean too.

Tho Ha village is eye opener for city dwellers like my family. Lunch was simple steamboat served near the Village.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
9 attraction reviews
“First rate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I did the street food tour off the back of the reviews on TA. I'm a fussy eater so wanted to challenge myself. Frog, beer with egg, fermented sausage and street cooked chicken later...

Our guide (Lily) spoke outstanding English and went to great lengths to effortlessly accommodate a vegan on the tour without impacting the other guests.

I know my way around better now and pushed my boundaries.

Absolutely first rate.

4 attraction reviews
“Unforettable Evening in Hanoi Sampling Street Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We were planning to take a cooking lesson in Hanoi but couldn't work out the timing so opted instead for a food tour. This was the right decision! Four of us took a private Standard Dinner Tour on a recent Saturday evening with Vietnam Awesome Travel. Mr Ha was our outstanding guide: knowledgable, friendly and clearly loving his job. Without a guide, we would never have dared to visit the hole-in-the-wall restaurants and food stalls. We were introduced to many new dishes, completely avoided the touristy places, and loved every second. It was truly an unforgettable taste treat and a culturally fascinating evening. We recommend this to anyone interested in seeing the "real" Vietnam. You will learn a lot and have a fantastic time.

Visited January 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Hanoi , halong Bay toir”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Thank to Awesome travel who arrange for us Three days tours.
It was well organised and I would strongly recommend to my friends.

Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
“Fun night out on "Food on Foot Tour"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This tour was fantastic in every way. Our guide, Johnny, was a fun[ny] and knowledgable guide. He seems to know just about everyone in Hanoi. We went to a lot of restaurants and street vendors during this tour. The food choices are informed by the group's collective taste and daring. If you want to try more adventurous types of food, please let the guide know. This is excellent value for $25, and we walked away filled to the brim. I had to unbuckle my belt just to make room for more food! There were 8 of us on the tour, 6 of whom were strangers to us, but no matter. By the end of the tour we became fast friends. I highly recommend this tour on the first day of your trip to Hanoi. You will want to go back to some of the places you visit on this tour (especially for the egg coffee!).