“Great little Hotel in the Old Quarter” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hanoi Elite Hotel

You added Hanoi Elite Hotel to your Saves list
Hanoi Elite Hotel
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   10/50 Dao Duy Tu Str., Old Quarter | Hoan Kiem Dist.,, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam   |
Special Price
Get up to 30% off
Ranked #3 of 470 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney
“Great little Hotel in the Old Quarter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

My new wife and I stayed here for our first week in Vietnam. What a great little hotel :) Located in a quiet back street in the Hanoi old quarter. Everything was within walking distance (the lake, restaurants and bars). The hotel was squeaky clean and brand new. The rooms had LCD tv's and lap tops. The staff we incredibly helpful and friendly. Breakfast was cooked fresh on order. They organised tours for us and minded our belongings for two days while we travelled to Sapa. I cant fault it really other than the fact there was no lift (which normally would not be an issue, but for myself with a bad knee it was a little difficult on the first night). However, as soon as I notified the staff of my bad knee they put us on the bottom floor, so no more problem! :) I would highly recommend this cute boutique hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are identical. However, if u have bad knees make sure you are on Level 1.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We spent the first 4 nights of our 3.5 week trip through Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand at the Hanoi Elite. In the course of our trip we were never treated better, never experienced greater comfort, nor convenience. The people were superb in every way. We were always greeted warmly and asked to be sure that everything was perfect. We made special requests (theater tickets, transportation to/from airport) that were quickly and gladly fulfilled. We got caught late in a downpour and had to run back to the hotel without dinner. The staff made us a special snack which saw us through nicely. The comfort and quiet of our room allowed us to get over jet lag quickly. We had delicious and varied menus for our morning breakfast, and good coffee. The kindness and attention of the staff was always present. The location is fantastic for walking the Old Quarter, and central to most attractions. A delightful hotel, small and stylish, wonderfully and comfortably appointed with an in-room laptop. This is an establishment with a world-class customer service attitude. Highly recommended. A special "Thank You" to Mr. Thinh, Ms. Ha, and Ms Anh for all your kindness!

Room Tip: 5 floors served by stairs. If a factor, request a lower floor.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I love the service here, staying for only 2 nights. Although not a 5 star hotel, but service is excellent. The staff will remember your name and greet you, breakfast is nice although with limited choices. Quality finishes in rooms and bathrooms. No bathtub but compliment with rainshower. Choice of music viedo and movies saved in HDD in all rooms for all customers. Fluffy pillows and good mattress. Laptop and free WIFI provided in all rooms.

Only sideback is no elevator, so not suitable for elderlys or handicaps.

Great location and not noisy, tuck in a small quiet alley.
I have some issues with the rouge agency here and thanks Ha asssitance to solve my problem.

Highly recommended!!!
No other choice:)

Just remember to book in advance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
wimbledon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Once you have got over the dingy location in the dark and motorbike-infested Old Quarter, you will love this hotel. The staff are clearly chosen for their smiles, and they all know your name! Best of all is the breakfast tables which are so packed together that is rude not to talk to your neighbours, and believe me they all turn out to be nice and interesting. Mr Trang goes beyond the call of duty to can to ensure his guests are happy, other hotels please note!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Extremely tired and jet lagged I arrived at the Hanoi Elite Hotel, nestled in the heart of the wonderfully alive old quarter, at 12am at night, only to find I'd booked the wrong date, and so began my wonderful and memorable stay at this homely hotel..

The gentlemen on reception couldn't have been more kind (during my whole stay). I was accommodated for the night and stayed the rest of my time (3 days) here in Hanoi.

I was absolutely shocked at how amazing the rooms were. On arrival I found my room meticulously clean with the added touch of flower petals on the bed and in the bathroom sink (see pics). The room had it's own laptop with free wifi, an affordable minibar, room service, complementary fruit basket, air con, security safe, flatscreen TV and a perfect shower ensuite with a strong supply of hot water; with towels and toiletries re-stocked each day. All complemented by a refreshing complimentary breakfast choice each morning.

The hotel appears to have all the mod cons, including doors locked by the credit card style 'keys'.

The only thing to be aware though (moreso for those who are physically impaired) is that the hotel itself has quite a narrow staircase and no lift and depending where your room is, you may have to climb a few flights of stairs to reach it; but all the more worth flaking out on their luscious beds when you do;-)

Having very quickly gained the confidence and trust of the staff I had them book a two day, pick up-drop off from hotel, overnight tour to Halong Bay for me which they had recommended. And what a fantastic time I had, all the while the hotel kindly secured my main luggage (backpack etc..) in the hotel until my return.

The staff were absolutely wonderful, friendly, helpful and I really felt like I was staying in a home away from home. While the hotel has its own restaurant, the staff were very generous in offering some fantastic places to eat nearby.

I even received a follow-up email soon after my stay to wish me a safe journey and welcome me back; not something you receive often!

I intend on returning to Vietnam with my girlfriend and there is only one place I will be staying in Hanoi.

The Hanoi Elite Hotel is exactly that and is worth every dime/penny/cent. I can't wait to stay there again! Please someone take my back there?!

I recommend you VIEW MY ATTACHED PHOTOS to see for yourself how wonderful the rooms are.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We actually stayed at 3 of the hotels that are part of this chain on out recent trip to Hanoi. Each was a great stay. The staff for sure goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure your stay is the best it can be. It was our first time to Hanoi and the staff at Hanoi Elite Hotel made it a great trip. The breakfast was delicious, the room was very clean and everyone was so friendly. I would without a doubt recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Hanoi.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

My boyfriend and I travelled to Hanoi for the sole purpose of visiting Halong Bay as well as Sapa (as we've been to Hanoi on previous occasions). We wanted a place to shower before boarding the night train to Sapa and so decided to book almost everything (train tickets, halong bay tickets) with Hotel Elite. We eventually also stayed at Hotel Elite for one final night before returning to Singapore.

We found the experience very pleasant on the whole! The staff was fabulous! We were treated like royalty the moment we were were a FEW STEPS away from their establishment . As it was drizzling, the staff came out of the hotel with umbrellas so we would not have to walk in the rain.

Each time we returned to the hotel (whether it was from Sapa to go to Halong or back from Halong bay), we were always treated very well - the staff would serve us ice water when the heat outside was unbearable or a warm tea when it was raining, even offering us bathe towels for bathing even though we were not staying in their hotel for that night.

The room was small and there was not much of a view. But by Hanoi standards, it was absolutely clean, wonderful and even luxurious. The location is excellent - being not more than a 10 minute walk to the lake. Breakfast the next morning (in the price) was delicious and we could order as much as we wanted from the menu. Their french toast is really tasty! We had two servings of that.

It's a small hotel part of a larger chain but there was a really pleasant vibe all around. The staff seemed to be very happy working there - always smiling, ready to help guests, talking pleasantly amongst themselves etc. It seemed like they enjoyed it!

Wonderful place to stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hanoi Elite Hotel? Share your experiences!