“Friendly staff and decent value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Green Street Hotel

You added Green Street Hotel to your Saves list
Green Street Hotel
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   No 21 Ma May Street | Hoan Kiem, Hanoi 100000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #233 of 450 Hanoi B&B and Inns
“Friendly staff and decent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the Green Street Hotel after having the unfortunate experience of being kicked out of a hotel down the street for not booking a tour after checking in. This was my second stay here.
The staff at the Green Street are exceptionally friendly. The counter lady even explained the kilometer rate for cabs so we wouldn't be tricked into paying.
The rooms are clean and have a decen price. The wifi was reliable. The only criticism is that the breakfast sometimes isn't that much but you can also negotiate to not have breakfast included.
Also, a couple of times in winter the rooms even with the hear felt a little cool but this is the norm in northern Vietnam when you consider that buildings are older and not built to the same insulation standards as a building in North America.
I've been here two years in a row now and I'll probably be back a third. You may be a able to find better but the staff seem to take pride in their jobs and they have been extremely reliable.

• Stayed February 2012
greenstreethotel, Manager at Green Street Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your strong support. We want to share with you when we heard that you got bad experience when you traveled in Vietnam on first time, so we understood our customers needs, we are very happy to serve you and our customers comfortable with our lovely job that we are working for, we hope that you have good time in your life and spend more your time to travel to Vietnam and welcome you come back our hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

From the moment I stepped into Green Street Hotel, I felt like a sanctuary from the busy honking streets of Hanoi. The building is typical Vietnamese narrow & vertically built which creates the authentic Vietnamese atmosphere. The place looked so cozy & warm with such comfortable clean room that I felt unwilling to step out of the hotel into the busy streets of Hanoi ever again! And the staffs at the hotel were superb! They are so friendly, so helpful, so fluent in English that we felt like being in 7 stars hotel instead! The breakfast is super delicious & I never had such good breakfast before. There is wifi & its reception is very strong! Its location is in the heart of backpackers' centerpoint & it is convenient to get anything under the sun ranging from food, drinks, tailors, shopping, sights, spa etc. within a short 5 minutes walk! 3 words for Green Street Hotel: IT IS HEAVENLY! :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

From the time I arrived till I left I was treated like an honoured guest. A lovely big room to spread my gear and to relax in; helpful advice when I asked about a particular shopping quest; a map to show me how to get there; and I was never allowed to carry my bag! Great to be close to the heart of the Old Quarter, to the street bustle and all that goes on there, and an outdoor cafe that I haunted for its coffee and a beer in the evening.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Great location and we have booked this hotel online basing on excellent recommendations from the previous guests. Helpful and super efficient staff, internet can be used in a room for free.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Marburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Visiting Vietnam for the first time, I stayed at Green Street hotel. The hotel was located in the centre of Hanoi, close to Old Quarter. The staff extremely friendly and helpful, especially the manager who was very jolly and gave me much information for my trip. The hotel staff recommend Hanoi Opera cruise for Halong bay trip where I had the most wonderful time in Vietnam. My room was clean and spacious, the bed comfy, wifi available and free. The bathroom was large with good facilities. The breakfast start at 7am, a great buffet that I think it's a lunch.Green Street hotel will be the first place I come when I return Hanoi

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Zagreb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Green Street Hotel in February, 2012.
The location of the hotel is perfect. It's in the old quarter, in one of the main streets, but it wasn't noisy at all.
Breakfast was very good, with a good variety of options to chose from. It was one of the better breakfasts we had during our trip in SE Asia.
The staff of the hotel were very friendly, professional and helpful. We had no objections concerning the service at all.
The room (standard) we got was pretty dark and humid though. As it was rather cold in Hanoi at the time, around 15°C, and there was no heating in the rooms - taking a shower was quite unpleasant. But what troubled us most were the bed mattresses. They were, presumably old, spring mattresses and you could actually feel every single spring while sleeping. This was really one big drawback and they should change it.
Otherwise, it was a more than pleasant stay and a very good value for money. The best part of this place are for sure its staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Lille, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

The hotel was very well located in the heart of Hanoi, just 5 minute walk to the famous Hoan Kiem lake, also walking distance to the famous tourist attractions: the Great Opera house, Thang Long water puppet theatre, Fine Art museum…. Rooms were different in size, but in generally very clean and well equipped: LCD TV, DVD player, air-conditioning, safety box, private shower... The hotel staff were so friendly and always ready to help. They have very large knowledge of the city and gave us a lot of useful information: where to eat, where to travel….., some nice restaurant near the hotel which they recommend are great. We extended our stay there for 2 additional nights and they tried to accommodate us quickly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and others.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Green Street Hotel? Share your experiences!