“Nice centrally located budget/mid range hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Palace Hotel Hanoi

You added Royal Palace Hotel Hanoi to your Saves list
Royal Palace Hotel Hanoi
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   18A Quan Su Street, Old Quarter | Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #93 of 450 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Frankfurt, Germany
“Nice centrally located budget/mid range hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Very nice and clean room, decent double bed, free water in-room, good central though (by local standards) quiet location, free WIFI and in-room PC, choice of Western and Asian breakfast, hotel-organised airport taxi at reasonable rate (i.e. without surcharge), would recommend stylish small bar in French colonial style building across the street

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
hoatroyal, General Manager at Royal Palace Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
My sincere “thank you” for sharing your experience at our hotel and for the kind words. I hope your trip to Hanoi left you with a positive impression of the country and you consider returning in the future.

I will certainly share your remarks with my team members as they are a great source of encouragement.

We also hope that for your future stays in this city we will have an opportunity to welcome you again. Please feel free to contact me at any time directly for assistance needed while staying with us.

Anthony Hoat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

From the second we stepped into reception the service never failed. The reception staff and Ms Hoa in particular were fantastic. We had the transfer from the airport and on arrival we had a lovely drink and Ms Hoa planned the next two weeks of tours around Vietnam for us at a very competitive price. They always had a room for us in-between transfers to different places as we uses hanoi as our base and even down to the staff waiting up for us till 3am. The rooms were the best we had in the whole of vietnam with internet in the room and so very clean.
i work in the hotel industry and this hotel impressed me so much that i tell everyone going to Hanoi to stay at this hotel. Loved it

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

Hi all, stayed in this hotel during my vacation in Vietnam and I have few things to say:
1. Location, nice very close to center of old quarter.
2. Rooms are nice but pretty noisy but it seems that i like this everywhere in old quarter.
3. The staff is very friendly and helpful, all of my traveling arrangements has been made by the hotel and were very good and in the same price that you can get in travel agencies, but I got free pick-up from the train station and complementary breakfast when we came back from Sapa and waited for the Halong bay trip pick-up and also the guys were very honest and polite.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your positive words about our hotel, in particular the accommodation and staff. I appreciate you sharing your experience on this platform and hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future again.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

A great hotel to stay in. Very well run by a team of dedicated staff and Jony, the manager is very helpful and approachable. It is within walking distance to serene Hoan Keam Lake and the buzzling Old Quarters. Breakfast served is quite substantial. Tea and fruits are available throughout the day at the concourse. The room comes equipped with a LCD tv. CNA is one of the channels for viewing. A computer set is in the room too for you to serve the net. We went to Sapa and Halong Bay tour arranged by the hotel. It was well planned and we enjoyed the trips.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

The hotel staff were very nice, attentive and courteous. Johnny recommended us a nice, reasonably priced and clean place to have our meal at Phan Boi Chau Rd, which I admit is so far the best place to dine for Vietnamese food in my three days in Hanoi.

The nicely decorated, spacious and clean hotel room came as a surprise. I think the people who decorated the room made it feel very homely. Hi-speed Internet is also available. Although the hotel is located on a side lane and is away from the main road. However, it is not that quiet because the drivers and motorists in Hanoi honk their vehicles quite a lot. It is about 15 minutes walk to the Water Puppet Theatre, Tourist Information Center and Dong Xuan night market.

Breakfast set meal was also provided, with a variety of choices including Vietnamese and Continental.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
hoatroyal, Owner at Royal Palace Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, January 13, 2011

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

When we arrived to The Royal Palce Hotel we had actually booked another hotel which we discovered when we got there had closed down. The staff in the Royal Palace booked us in straight away were more than helpful with our needs. Our room was cheap yes but It was massive with an amazing bathroom. Breakfast was also incuded.
The friendly staff also helped us book our tours and train travel with drop off and pick up also included.
The location is right in the heart of the Old quarter but being on a small alley also gives you the option of peace and quiet if the beep beep of Hanoi gets a little much.
This is just a great value place all round :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

The location can't be beat. The hotel is in the heart of the Old Quarter, but located on a small alley. This means that you are right in the heart of everything, but the alley outside is fairly quiet (by Old Quarter standards).

Best of all was the hotel's staff. They were just wonderful. Friendly, attentive, and willing to do whatever was necessary to make our Hanoi visit perfect. Coming back from a night at Ha Long Bay felt like coming home again, and when we left for good, it was a sad farefell to people who felt like family. I still miss the staff, and thought so highly of them that I am sending a gift basket back to Hanoi from home to thank them for all that they did to make my hoilday perfect.
Thank

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
hoatroyal, Owner at Royal Palace Hotel Hanoi, responded to this review, December 9, 2010

Anthony Hoat

Been to Royal Palace Hotel Hanoi? Share your experiences!