“Super welcomed and comfy” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel to your Saves list
Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 Hang Ga Str. | Hoan Kiem, Hanoi 1000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #10 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
“Super welcomed and comfy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you are looking to travel light and could get by without much comfort, this hotel offers a great package beyond expectations of the price you paid for it. Friendly staff and very clean comfortable room. Mary was very helpful. Everyone at one point or another helped me look for the kind of food I wanted to try in Hanoi and the things I planned to do, without any hesitation. In short they made sure that I was well taken care of. I checked in late by 1 day because of some hiccups in my flights and the receptionist on duty was concerned that I did not show up and waited over. And when I did showed up, it was nice to know that they have been looking for me. I felt very welcomed by all the staff and the fine touches in my room. It was as though it was my 10th trip back to the hotel!!!

Room Tip: I had a room on the fourth floor which has no view but it was just as nice
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bra, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights are everything was so perfect. Staff was super nice and very helpful. The room was very clean and very quiet. Excellent location also, very handy for visiting the city. We want to thank Mary, Lynda and the rest of staff..they made us feel so special.

• Stayed June 2013
Taguig City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My sister was the one who booked this hotel for us so I was clueless exactly as to what to expect from our stay. All I knew and was prepared for was to celebrate my birthday in Hanoi. So from May 4 to 8, 2013, we chose to be billeted at this hotel. It was already midnight when we arrived at the Old Quarter, so that was the quietest time in that place I suppose. However, the staff was accommodating still like no other. The rooms were spic n span, clean, spacious, and above all very comfortable. When daylight struck the following day, the once placid area we found ourselves in became suddenly chaotic, it being really the usual character of the Old Quarter. But it was okay, the staff were just amazing. They gave us good tips at what restaurants to check out, what tours to take and what tourist places to scour. Everything we did turned out to be fantastic. But what I cannot forget was when, after checking out and since our flight was still late that night, they gave us a room for free for an hour so we could still change our clothes and freshen up ourselves before we finally head to the the airport. Isn't that service par excellence? That's going another mile, I should say.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sasebo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at around the world (and I travel quite frequently). I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough as everything was wonderful! Sophie was efficient when responding to e-mails about the booking and other inquiries. Once there, Mary and Johnny assisted with everything from day tours to train tickets to Sapa to Halong Bay tours. I arrived early morning and they allowed me to shower in an available room so I didn't have to walk around all icky! The rooms were comfy, clean, had wifi and a personal computer...everything one could want. Unfortunately my 3-day/2-night Halong Bay trip was cancelled due to a typhoon and most rooms everywhere were booked due to this. They were able to find me a room at their sister hotel last minute and take me there free of charge. While it wasn't quite as nice, the staff were still very helpful and friendly. The bellboys were always there to open doors, assist with luggage (even umbrellas in the pouring rain), and just greet you with a smile. The staff even followed my taxi to the train station to ensure I got on the correct car and wasn't hassled by anyone. Breakfast was included and you can order anything (and more than one) from the menu...omelets, crepes, eggs, bread (yummy baguettes), fresh fruit, fresh fruit juice, tea, coffee and more (included in room rate). I stayed as a single female and never felt uncomfortable at the hotel or around that area. I cannot emphasize enough how wonderful the staff there are! Mary, Sophie, Johnny and others....thank you so much for a wonderful time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I can not rate this hotel highly enough. The service industry in Vietnam during our holiday was generally very good but the staff at this hotel were amazing.
My sister and I arrived on different flights but they made the pick ups easy for us, I arrived first and was given assistance getting money and a SIM card, when it didn't work one of the door staff took me on the back of a moped to go buy a new phone.
They upgraded our room free of charge, after some research i asked them to book a Halong bay trip, they quoted the same that the company direct quoted some months ago. On arrival the trip had been reduced and they returned the difference with apologises.
They gave us excellent recommendations for food, booked flights for us last minute, just amazing friendly staff, a credit to Linda and her team.
The rooms and location are great but it is the personal service that makes this hotel exceptional.
I would definitely stop at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Booked this hotel based on reviews on here how this is not in the top 5 is beyond me, upon arrival staff a very welcoming and helpful will try to help you when ever they can gave advice on where to eat and how to get to the lake, also we had 2day/1night in Ha Long Bay and they let us leave our heavy luggage here and upon our arrival back we we're givin a room for one hr to refresh and have a shower which was fantastic also my phone died in Ha Long Ba and i was given directions to a phone shop to see if they can fix it, I wasn't sure on the distance so a staff memeber to me on his bike and waited for me to finish how is that for service. All the staff deserve pay rasie. Will be staying here again next time I'm in Honai

Room Tip: ask for room with a balcony
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were a bit skeptical before making our booking despite the good comments posted on several websites regarding Charming II. However, on the first day of arrival we told ourselves we have made the right choice. Mary, who was there to welcome us that day left us a lasting impression with her pleasant personality, sweet smile and professionalism. The rest of the stay is history.....the great service was evident in every of their hotel staff. Each and everyone of them took great pride in their work, took the effort to greet/speak with their guests and made us feel comfortable at home. This may not be a five star rated hotel but I can say the staff's service and professionalism is better than any five star hotel I've ever stayed. I travel extensively on business around the world and stay mainly in 4-5 star hotels....but the "software" (i.e. people and service) of Charming II is the best I've experienced. They went the extra mile to meet their guests' expectations...this is what I truly defined as great service marketing in the hospitality industry. And this doesn't mean the "hardware" (room etc) is not good...in fact they are beyond our expectations....clean/spacious room, great breakfast (that comes with the service and smiles from the staff), clean towels etc. Likewise my spouse and son were very impressed. We like to extend our THANKS to Mary and her team...we've enjoyed every bit of our 6-day stay in Charming II and we highly recommend this hotel to those who are visiting Hanoi.

Additional comments from my son "Fresh different fruits provided everyday which are always sweet, and my mother has also noticed that the flowers on the desk were changed throughout our stay. And my father never writes reviews for hotels we stay in, but this was so impressive that he decided to write one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel? Share your experiences!