“Lovely oasis in Hanoi's bustling old quarter” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE PICKUP/ 25%OFF ROOM
Ranked #10 of 489 hotels in Hanoi
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely oasis in Hanoi's bustling old quarter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

Wow what a place! The day i arrived the friendly staff welcomed me with open arms: "Mr Joseph come and join us and our new friends (some of the foreigners staying) on a karoke night". I replied a bit wearliy, "but I'd planned on the water puppet show tonight". "But no" they replied, "this is way more fun"... karoke was great fun! What an introduction to a fantastic experience at Charming 2 hotel. For around $30 a night (Agoda), lovely spaceous rooms, fast internet in the room, very quiet rooms and the most amazing breakfast of local and western fare. A big 11 out of 10 from me!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

1,468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

Five stars for outstanding value and comfort for the money.

At least six stars for an incredibly friendly, pleasant, helpful, and good-looking :) staff. Seriously, I've stayed in some very high-end hotels, like Raffles, and never encountered a better staff. They're not attentive in a formal way, but a very friendly--and highly effective--way. Example: I was working in my room and wanted to find a soda and snack to keep me going. The doorman, instead of just pointing, walked me across the street, showed me the place, and hung around for a minute to make sure I got what I needed. And that's only ONE of many such stories...

I actually stayed in three different rooms, on two separate visits. They were all comfortable. Not gorgeous, but pleasant--like staying at my middle-class grandmother's house. Also very clean. Plenty of space. Free wifi. Free fruit plate. I like...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Torino, Italia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

The hotel is really nice, very central (in the Old Quartier, but actually absolutely not noisy), very clean.
The rooms (and I saw different rooms) are very well designed, the bathroom is new and very clean, air-conditioning, TV, DVD player and PC with Internet connection into the room.
Breakfast is very good, different possibilities... Vietnamies pho (noodle soup), fresh fruit, continental breakfast, very good vietnamies coffee. I am Italian, coffee is really important for me!
All the staff is very nice and helpful. I was very happy to stay in this hotel, and I hope to come back to visit them.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Great place! We had booked Charming 1 but they overbooked, got transferred to #2. nothing bad to say!!

• Stayed March 2011
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

We booked at one of the sister hotel but there was a problem w/toilet so they arranged to take us to charming 2 hotel. At first we were worried but they showed us our room and assured us that this was a better hotel. The room was nice, new and spacious. Plus: computer in our room. Initially it had a virus but we told them and they tried to fix it and in the end ended up giving us another computer. Only minor negative was the funky smell in the bathroom which I think was due to the water. No safe in room but there is one in the reception area which we used and trusted. The hotel was nice to store our luggage when we went on our Halong Bay tour even though we didn't book the tour through them. And like other reviewers the hotel staff were one of the nicest and helpful ppl. Another plus was that you can exchange USD for VND at the hotel. Their rate was even better than the bank we spotted.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

their staffs are very friendly. They talked to us to know our needs and gave good advice on transport, foods, etc...and offered extra service e.g. helping on post service.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

My family and I recently stayed in this charming hotel. I cannot rate the staff highly enough, they are the most delightful and friendliest that I have ever had the pleasure to know. The smiles and welcome are genuine and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is situated in the Old Quarter and it is pretty much short walks to the lake and the three level market with all the main shopping streets in between. After two nights, we all went to Sapa and returned on the overnight train and I couldn't wait to get back to this hotel. They opened up very early for us,approx 5 a.m., and assisted us with our bags and rooms, which I wouldn't expect one would expect in too many other hotels. Again, the lovely manager and the staff at reception, and the porters, are wonderful and I recommend highly for excellent quality for lower price.. 5 STAR SERVICE.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel? Share your experiences!