“All the staff is amazing and the hotel is nice, clean and very charming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel

You added Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel to your Saves list
Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 Hang Ga Str. | Hoan Kiem, Hanoi 1000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #11 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Torino, Italia
“All the staff is amazing and the hotel is nice, clean and very charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

The hotel is really nice, very central (in the Old Quartier, but actually absolutely not noisy), very clean.
The rooms (and I saw different rooms) are very well designed, the bathroom is new and very clean, air-conditioning, TV, DVD player and PC with Internet connection into the room.
Breakfast is very good, different possibilities... Vietnamies pho (noodle soup), fresh fruit, continental breakfast, very good vietnamies coffee. I am Italian, coffee is really important for me!
All the staff is very nice and helpful. I was very happy to stay in this hotel, and I hope to come back to visit them.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Great place! We had booked Charming 1 but they overbooked, got transferred to #2. nothing bad to say!!

• Stayed March 2011
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

We booked at one of the sister hotel but there was a problem w/toilet so they arranged to take us to charming 2 hotel. At first we were worried but they showed us our room and assured us that this was a better hotel. The room was nice, new and spacious. Plus: computer in our room. Initially it had a virus but we told them and they tried to fix it and in the end ended up giving us another computer. Only minor negative was the funky smell in the bathroom which I think was due to the water. No safe in room but there is one in the reception area which we used and trusted. The hotel was nice to store our luggage when we went on our Halong Bay tour even though we didn't book the tour through them. And like other reviewers the hotel staff were one of the nicest and helpful ppl. Another plus was that you can exchange USD for VND at the hotel. Their rate was even better than the bank we spotted.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

their staffs are very friendly. They talked to us to know our needs and gave good advice on transport, foods, etc...and offered extra service e.g. helping on post service.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

My family and I recently stayed in this charming hotel. I cannot rate the staff highly enough, they are the most delightful and friendliest that I have ever had the pleasure to know. The smiles and welcome are genuine and nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is situated in the Old Quarter and it is pretty much short walks to the lake and the three level market with all the main shopping streets in between. After two nights, we all went to Sapa and returned on the overnight train and I couldn't wait to get back to this hotel. They opened up very early for us,approx 5 a.m., and assisted us with our bags and rooms, which I wouldn't expect one would expect in too many other hotels. Again, the lovely manager and the staff at reception, and the porters, are wonderful and I recommend highly for excellent quality for lower price.. 5 STAR SERVICE.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

All the staff members were extremely friendly, helpful and service-oriented. They gave a lot of attention to every guest. When we came the second time to this hotel, after a week-trip, the staff welcomed us by our name. They take the time to chat with the guests and are eager to answers their questions, to help with airport pickup and with the organizing of tours.
Miss Loan speaks fluently English and is very kind. We appreciated her excellent travel-tips and her extra help when she managed to make a backup of our precious photo’s.
The breakfast was an extensive buffet with Eastern and Western food.
The room was clean and spacious, including a DVD-player and an own computer with internet.

Good value for money! We truly loved staying here !!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

This little charming little hotel is very new and the first of my vietnam city stay-in which impressed me greatly. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. They picked us up at crazy hours like 4am, allowed us to check-in early to have a catchup sleep and provided us with 2 breakfast with no added charges!
They even gave us a complimentary basket of fruits with a bottle of wine and they celebrated a birthday of a fellow hotel guest.
The only qualms I have (which is probably my own lack of direction) is I have to think twice when I step out of the hotel to go to my destination which one of the staff even proactively walked out of the hotel to help me, noticing me standing and searching for directions for too long.
The bed was ultra comfortable, which managed to offset the ever-horning of vehicles of Hanoi and I definitely caught back plenty of sleep there.
Thumbs up to the people and the services plus the great amenities at a an affordable prices which was totally unexpected.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hanoi Charming 2 Hotel? Share your experiences!