“Trip to Sapa N Vietnam” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #76 of 410 Tours & Activities in Hanoi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Travel Sense Asia (TSA) is a company incepted to offer attractive holiday packages to those who want to explore Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. We strive for customer satisfaction by adding personal touch to every holiday package we design. We know that the right blend of reliability, creativity and flexible attitude is the mantra to proffer quality services to all our customers. We provide unmatched attention to each customer's needs so that we can give you the best. Send us an email or call 24/7 on hotline for support.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Adelaide Australia
“Trip to Sapa N Vietnam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Travel Sense Asia organized our entire trip from the day we landed in Hanoi, picking us up at the airport, transfers to the hotel, then to the train to Sapa, back to Hanoi and HCMC. Their guides and vehicles were excellent, and our trip was so enjoyable because everything went smoothly without any hitches. They came to the hotel to collect our payment and made things very easy for us. They even escorted us to board the train to Sapa at night. Thanks to Travel Sense Asia.

Visited May 2012
, Managing Director at Travel Sense Asia - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear Ranee and Mark,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review above! It is a great pleasure to read that you were able to enjoy your Vietnam trip with us. I guess you had so excited memory with the colorful markets in moutainous area.

We would also like to thank you for your appreciation of the service provided by Travel Sense Asia. Your compliments have been passed on to our team, especially to Yen and I am sure it will serve a great encouragement for them to keep up their good work.

We all look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Vietnam soon or have other chances to be served you with the trips to Laos and Cambodia.

Singapore
4 attraction reviews
“Flawless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We used Travel Sense Asia to book our trip with Calypso cruise (of Halong Bay). Yen was prompt in her responses even when I emailed her 11pm at night. She had been informative about the cruises available and accommodating when it came to payment methods - she offered to send someone to the hostel to collect the outstanding payment on a public holiday. I would definitely book a tour with her again when I next go Vietnam.

Visited May 2012
TravelSense-Asia, Managing Director at Travel Sense Asia - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about your travelling with us. It is a great pleasure to read that you were able to enjoy a nice trip with us.

We all look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Vietnam soon.

Hanoi, Dac Lac, Vietnam
“Hanoi Day Trip and Halong Bay with Marguerite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Our group was a family of 12 which had kids (ages 4 to 8), parents and grandparents (70s) and we were well taken cared of.

For the Hanoi City Tour, the bus was on time and drove safely around the city. The tour guide was polite, likable, and spoke english well. The itenerary was followed, but when the kids and grandparents felt tired by mid-day, we asked for our afternoon itenerary to be adjusted, and they did it, no problem.

The only problem was, the bus' AC was not strong enough for that hot day. So we informed our agent about it.

For our Halong Bay tour 2 days later, the bus's AC was in great condition. The road trip was smooth and comfortable. On the way to Halong bay, we stopped over a place that tried to sell herbal medicines and the room they had us in had a lot of mosquitoes, so we just rushed out of there.

Our overnight stay on the Marguerite was very good. The food was great and the staff were attentive and nice. The accomodations were clean and comfortable.

On the way home, our bus was waiting for us as we landed on the port and we arrived home safely and on time.

over-all, everyone was satisfied and had a great experience.

Singapore
“Sapa train ticket booking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Yen and Travel sense team have been very professional. We view this as a premium travel agency thus their pricing is higher than the typical travel agent in Hanoi.
We didn't book a package but requested for the booking of Sapa train tickets in advance for Sapaly Train. Yen booked this and also water puppet show tickets. The price is the same as what I would have to pay if I book on the internet. Yen delivered tickets to my hotel and gave some tips on places to go. very nice lady!

We noted there are many local travel agencies in Hanoi Old Quarter. speaking with one of the travel agent, We realise that package price of train tickets (comparable) + hotel + tour is more worth it if booked in Hanoi rather than on internet. Not sure of the quality though.

we enjoyed the overnight train to Sapa! We took the soft sleeper beds. Sapaly Train rooms are slightly bigger if you are on the new train. Very nice - like wshat is shown on their website.

Jakarta, Indonesia
139 attraction reviews
“This, so far, was my most unmemorable traveling ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Overall, I'm dissappointed with the service that you have provided for us. Especially given the amount of money that we paid to you and the claim that you said that what set your travel apart from other travels in Hanoi was your excellent service. FYI, we had offers of other travels that were not as expensive as yours, but we chose you anyway since you have promised us an excellent service, which you didn't deliver.

First of all, on the first day, a lot of places in the proposed itinerary that you sent to us weren't covered (weren't visited by us). We didn't go to Ho Chi Minh's stilt house, Hoan Kiem Lake with its Ngoc Son Temple (we only passed it on the way to see the water puppet). We visited a pagoda, but I'm not sure it was One Pillar Pagoda or not, since the picture that I see in the internet right now is quite different from the one that we visited.

If your tour guide said that it was because we took too long time in one place because of our fondness in taking picture, well, guess what, he should be the one who reminded us that we were taking too long in one place. Because it was his job as tour guide, right, being a time keeper. Just tell us that we need to hurry. If he said he had already done it, he was wrong. I was practically the only one who listened to his explanation about the tourist attractions since all my friends were more interested in taking pictures, but from what I recalled, he didn't say anything to make us hurry.

FYI, after Hanoi, we went to Bangkok and have 2 tour with 2 different travel agents. The same thing happened. My friends were so occupied with taking pics that they forgot they needed to hurry. But our tour guides, from both travels, always...always reminded us to hurry, EVERY TIME we took too long time to stop in one place, which was every 10-15 minutes. That should be the tour guide's job. He/she should be OUR TIME KEEPER

And then, the second day, for the Halong Bay trip. We were aware that we were behind scheduled. But not too far though. Since in the itinerary it mentioned that we had already embarked on 12.00, but because of the rain, we just embarked at 12.30. So only 30 minutes late. In the trip itself, we missed to visit Titop island. FYI, as I stated in my previous emails, the reason I chose to have a private cruise was because we would be given 6 hour of cruise and we had chance to visit Titop island. But after we visited the cave, my friend told me that we were going back to Ha Long Harbour. It was 4.45pm. When I asked our tour guide, he said that the time wasn't enough to visit it becauce we took too long time the cave. Again, wasn't it supposed to be his job to remind us about the time and to hurry us????? He didn't even say anything on that. Anddddddd, because we had already booked 6 hour of cruise, but since we didn't visit Titop island and needed to go back, the captain run the junk very slowly so that we arrived in harbour just perfectly 6 hours. Please, we know that trick. We saw 2 other junks that left as the same time as us, but within 30 minutes, they had already left us behind with a significant distance between us. We should arrive in the harbour at less than 6pm, but since the junk moved so slow, it arrived at 630pm (perfectly 6 hours of cruising)

And to make matter worse, as you know, we asked you to move the complementary dinner to previous day, not after the Halong Bay tour. Instead, we asked to be taken to a restaurant in our way to Hanoi. The tour guide steered us to have dinner in Hanoi. He said that the quality of the restaurants weren't as good as Hanoi's, so he suggested us to have dinner in Hanoi, which would be at 10pm. Since he said that, we agreed to that. But when we arrived in Hanoi, he just dropped my friends off at Le Thanh Tong street. When we said why he did that, he answered that it was already late in the evening that the driver needed to go home. What???? But he was the one who suggested to have dinner in Hanoi in the first place. He, or course, knew that we would arrive in Hanoi at 10pm since we arrived at Halong harbour at 630pm. He also didn't say anything about the driver that needed to leave. I mean, if we preferred to have the complimentary dinner after Halong Bay tour, he and the driver still needed to take us there also right.

The only time your tour guide was concerned about the time was when we needed to leave the hotel to begin our tour or our dinner (in the first day) or when we had to leave to the airport. So anything to do with leaving the hotel. But during the tour, he never reminded or complained about time and it made us lost our chance to visit the proposed tourist attractions. One of the biggest role of the tour guide, which is being a TIME KEEPER, failed miserably.

Well, to sum up all the things that I have experienced, I'm VERY dissapointed with your service, and my friends too. We won't use your service if we have chance to go back to Hanoi again.

Visited April 2012
TravelSense-Asia, Manager at Travel Sense Asia - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Dear Anggi,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your recent experience with Travel Sense Asia. Your feedback is extremely important and valuable to us.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you have suffered. The impression given by our tour guide serving you is not a reflection of our normal standards and level of service that we pride ourselves with. Your comment is well noted, and for sure, we will look into improvement in our service.

We appreciate your sharing, and do hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.