“Great food, but pricey” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Green Mango

Green Mango
18 Hang Quat Street, in the Green Mango Hotel | Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam
00844 3928 9916
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 1,012 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese, International, Fusion
Description: Offers a fine-dining Asian nouvelle restaurant; the open-air patio for semi-formal dining and lounge seating is a fine alternative to 'breakfast in bed'. Our lobby replete with an exquisite bar, while the wine lounge and VIP rooms on the second floor await your intimate evenings, business dinners and special events.
Singapore, Singapore
“Great food, but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Upon entry, the first thing that hits you is the beatutiful and grand decor compared to the rest of the street. Beatutifully decorated with a comfortable ambience. The staff there were also very, polite, full of smiles and generally could all speak english.
Our group of four ordered 3 fruit juices, 1 coffee, all tasted well and served with beautiful decorations.
Our food took quite sometime to come but they served us a small portion of salad on vietnamese crackers and some bread with butter while we waited. The bread was good, light and fluffy.
We ordered their springrolls as appetizers; a fetuccini, salmon steak and cabonara pizza for our mains. I would say in general the food was great and there is not a single dish that I would complain about. The mushroom fetuccini was fragrant and the sauce was very well done. The salmon steak was superb, done lightly only with some salt and pepper but perfectly cooked till the texture was just right and the taste more than fine. The cabonara pizza was thin crusted with good cheese and bacon.
For deserts we had tiramisu and mango creme bulee.
Overall, I would say that this slants slightly more to an Italian/american restaurant than a vietnamese restaurant. They serve good food which will leave you little to complain about but if you are looking for something authentically vietnamese then this is not the place to be. You can try ngongs or little hanoi for that.
I would also have to mention that although we found the food great here, the prices are exorbitant in vietnamese context where 50 USD would be able to get you very good food for 4 compared to here where we paid 90USD for our meal.

Saigon
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Went there on my own after a long day...
The restaurant was really busy considering it was a tuesday night in low season.
Took a seat at the bar and was quickly given menus and drinks.
Staff polite and smiled a lot.
Since they were so busy my food took some time, 2 of the waitresses came up and explained the delay and then the owner as well, offering me a drink on the house while waiting.
Some complementry amuse buche as well...
Had a pleasent conversation with the owner Hai while sitting alone at the bar.
The food served was very well cooked and made from scratch, a little pricy for Vietnam but well worth it!
After dinner they brought me a dessert on the house as well, and honestly it didn't take that long considering how busy the place was.
Very professional and competent place, felt like I was being well looked after the whole time.
Will definitely be back again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Chic hotel restaurant with pricey food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great ambience and modern decor. The prices were a bit more than expected but explained when you realise it is attached to a hotel. We were tempted by the western food but I stuck with Vietnamese in the end. I’m glad it was great - I particularly recommend ‘recreation spring rolls’ which is a beautifully presented, tasty and was quite different. The fish in the clay pot (Basa Caramel glazed clay pot) was melt in the mouth and came with a quite spicy soup?/sauce. A massive portion which I unfortunately couldn’t finish.

My partner's dinner was more average starting with a bland chicken coconut soup. He gave into pizza (carbonara) which was average but they were happy to do him a doggy bag which came in useful at the airport!

They have an extensive cocktail list organised by flavour rather than spirit which was a bit confusing. The Mai Tai was good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Really good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were recommend the green mango by friends and so we gave it a try. The restaurant is set out really nicely and the staff were really friendly. I had soup to start and a stir fry for main and both were really good. A little pricer than other places in Vietnam but i def thought it was worth it.

• Visited August 2012
portland
“Excellent restaurant with broad menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We visited this restaurant twice towards the end of an extended tip to Vietnam and Cambodia. The food was fairly eclectic and enabled us to take a break from the pure Vietnamese fare that we'd been having most of the time. Some dishes were asian fusion (which is what we had mostly) with some more standard western fare available for this that needed it. I really enjoyed the chance to drink some Guinness! The Vietnamese beer is great in the heat, ubiquitous and cheap, but I was ready for something more substantial. The ambiance is generally good, and they cater to everything from couples to groups. Our second visit was only marred by a family nearby that seemed content to let their undisciplined young kids scream, shout and run around - but I don't blame the restaurant for that.

• Visited November 2011