“Friendly staff and service, clean and in a great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rising Dragon Estate Hotel

You added Rising Dragon Estate Hotel to your Saves list
Rising Dragon Estate Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   17 Nguyen Van To St. | Old Quarter, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam (Formerly Queen Ann Hotel)   |
Ranked #38 of 470 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Friendly staff and service, clean and in a great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This hotel was very pleasant to stay at. Although I didn't actually spend much time there as I was exploring Hanoi all day, every time I arrived back at the hotel the staff greeted me and asked how my day was. Anna was extremely nice, being fluent in English and we've become good friends since. The rooms were extremely clean and I couldn't hear the hustel and bustle from the loud streets. They also helped me book a day tour and a trip to Halong Bay with no stress or trouble. I would recommend this hotel to all who visit Hanoi and the free breakfast was also delish every morning!

Room Tip: Sometimes they have special deals on their website so have a look there first!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I return to Vietnam every few years and for the past few trips I've stayed in hotels instead of with family.

There has always been issues with previous hotels and I just made allowances that it's not going to be the same as Western standards at such a low price. However I was pleasantly surprised staying at this hotel as it's the closest to a Western 3* hotel yet (to clarify, that's a compliment).

If I had to be picky, I'd say the room was a bit small but then other than sleeping I didn't spend much time there. The pictures are accurate. I had an internal room so there were no outside windows. However that was probably a good thing as the streets can get very noisy from the sound of traffic and vehicle horns.

My only other gripe is how the sound travels in the hotel. I was on the 2nd floor (3rd floor in Vietnam as they count from 1 instead of ground) and I was woken a few times in the morning by staff coming in for their shift.

All in all I was very happy with the hotel. For 11 nights I paid probably less than for 1 night in London!

Senec, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

This was our first Hotel after arriving to Vietnam, booked at a tourist booth at the Hanoi airport.

We stayed only one night, next day we booked a tour with them to Sapa for 3 days and halong bay for 2 days. The tours were both very well organised, good guides, excelent hotels, food included - very good value.
Rising Dragon Estate let us to keep our big backpacks in their storage during our trips. They even gave us free breakfast and shower when we came from our tour and went for the next!!!

The staff was super friendly, informative and with good english. Room was clean and spacious, breakfast tasty. Located in old quarter, only about 10 minutes walk to Hoan Kiem lake.

After 3 weeks in Vietnam, we can say that this was the BEST hotel we stayed in!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

"My family and I stayed at Rising Dragon Estate Hotel in October. The hotel had excellent customer service with friendly staffs that was very helpful and approachable. We were especially surprised by how well Anna ( receptionist) can speak french. She was helpful as she advised about the great restaurants and attractions around the area as well as giving some historical facts about the place. During the time we stayed at the hotel, every morning, Anna welcomed us by lovely words " Bonjour, comment ca va?" . My daughters liked to play with Anna very much since she is very friendly and likable. Every time we went back to the hotel, we felt like home with the warm welcomes from Anna and her staffs. For me it felt like Anna made the experience memorable for us because if we had any problems, Anna would always try to help us to the best of her ability. We felt that the stay was pleasant because of the great customer service provided from the hotel especially Ms Anna. Hopefully I'll see her again at the hotel when we visit next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

On my first visit to Hanoi and Vietnam I was fortunate to have picked the Rising Dragon Estate Hotel (the sign above the front door also says Serenity Hotel). The hotel is ideally located at the edge of the Old Quarter which is a 'must see' part of Hanoi. It is a short walk to Hoan Kiem Lake and other sights of Hanoi. They can also arrange a trusted cab company for you to take for sightseeing farther afield.

The rooms are clean and comfortable with firm mattresses, in-room safe and small refrigerator. My room on the eighth floor was quiet and had a view towards the Old Quarter. There was a walk-in glassed shower in the bathroom.

Breakfast was provided in the dining area adjacent to the lobby and there was a selection of fresh fruit, beverages, and you could order a number of hot items from the menu as well. On the last day I left very early in the morning and Hough even prepared a light bagged breakfast for me.

The staff are amazing! Hough, Anna, and all the rest of the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to provide information about Hanoi or to deal with any questions or needs. They made you feel like one of the family! They were all very knowledgeable about Hanoi and all the front-desk staff spoke English. Anna can book a tour for you, and the Royal Heritage overnight Cruise to Ha Long Bay she booked for me was excellent. They arranged pickup and dropoff right from the hotel and there was a tour guide present from pickup to dropoff.

The Rising Dragon Estate hotel can provide car service to and from the airport at a very reasonable price, considering it takes about 45 minutes from the airport to Hanoi. The cost is added to your hotel bill so you do not have to pay the driver, who meets you at the arrivals level of the airport.

Thank you Hough, Anna, and the rest of the staff for making my first visit to Hanoi so memorable. I hope to be able to visit again soon!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Wow...if I can recommend any hotel, it's this one...I travelled from Hanoi to ho chi Minh and i can confidently say that is was one of the highlights of my Vietnam experience...so much so that my friends and I are planning another trip to this beautiful country...if the beautiful rooms, which come equipped with air conditioning and panoramic views, to the staff that are the most lovely and wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, if this is not enough to satisfy all of your needs, then you'd be very hard to please indeed...there's nothing this wonderful staff won't do for you, their only hope is that you experience the best that Vietnam has to offer...Anna and Nguyen you truly are the best and I'm so privileged to meet you as the wonderful and extraordinary people that you are...

If I came away from Vietnam with nothing but the truly beautiful memories of your hospitality and kindness, then I am satisfied.

Thank you so much at the rising dragon estate, especially the gorgeous Anna and chivalrous Nguyen.

You guys are the best of the best.

Kind regards,
Tracey

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great value for the price. The breakfast was good, the location very convinoent, and the staff took great care of us. They really went above and beyond when we had some issues with a tour. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Hanoi.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rising Dragon Estate Hotel? Share your experiences!