Stayed 2 nights over Christmas in Hanoi.
After reading the review, I wasn't so optimistic about what I am going to find out but had to go ahead anyway as the booking has been made.
1. The reception was friendly and prompt.
2. The bellboy didn't speak too much of English and glad he allowed me to bring my own bag going up (i prefered it that way)
3. The room was good !! (considering the money I paid). The floor was wooden panelled and very clean. No issue of hygeine with the toilet or bed either. It was clean and my room overlook the lake. Saw the review about some room not having a view, which I can vouched that yes, some room are disadvantaged that way as their window looked out from the other side. (the reason I knew that - point 4)
4. One thing peculiar about that hotel is that the doors for the rooms are all opened unless they're occupied by guest - first time I saw this. This gave me the chance to walk into every unoccupied room to take a look.
5. What impressed me the most - One morning I was late for breakfast after it was closed for 30 minutes , which I am unaware of due to me not reading the breakfast coupon carefully. Once i reach the "restaurant", the staff told me it was over but the boss of the restaurant rushed over and promised to make me something to eat. So i was served beef noodle and whatever they had saved from that morning - which I am satisfied. Just need to eating something quick and conveniently before rushing out.
Overall, I see Royal Gate as an undersold hotel. I have stayed in other hotels in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city which cost more. The rooms, decor and eating places at Royal Gate are not as sophisticated as the rest but the price I paid was about 20-50% less than I would get elsewhere. Very much a Value for Money proposition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Gate Hotel - 09 Nguyen Bieu street, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi City, Vietnam- 3 starsHotel is designed with luxurious and modern style, woolen floor. All rooms are spacious and feature panoramic views over the West Lake & city. The hotel decor is contemporary throughout. 65 rooms and suites are well equipped with deeply comfortable beds, you will enjoy delicious breakfast served at restaurant on 11th floor. Hotel conference room served with over 80 people at 12th floor. Fitness Centre is in 2nd floor, serve all days, all time.The hotel is perfectly positioned for both the city and for enjoying Hanoi’s major attractions nearby. Just few steps away from Hoan Kiem district- Hanoi old quarter, convenient for any visit of this historic part of Hanoi• Hoan Kiem Lake and Opera House: 1km - 5 minutes by taxi, 10 minutes by walk• Dong Xuan Market: 0.5km - 10 by walk• West Lake: 01 minute by walk• Local Mart and mini mart: 0.1km - 2 minutes by walk• Giang Vo Exhibition center: 3km - 10 minutes by taxi• Noibai- International Airport: 35km – 35 minutes by taxi ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Royal Gate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.