“Overvalued” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 457 Activities in Hanoi
roma
“Overvalued”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We booked a 2-days cruise in Halong Bay with Vega Travel because of the good feedbacks in tripadvisor and the note in the Lonely Planet. We paid 96 USD for a standard cabin with 2 single beds, including the pick up service at our hotel in Hanoi.
They were always on time and nice but our guide spoke a bad english (not easy to understand). The boat was nice but too cold! they didn't tell us to take heavier clothes and they didn't switch on the heat before 22.00 pm.
I have read some good feedbacks about food: i am sorry but these people don't know what is good food! Meals were low average and many fried foods.
Drinks were overpriced considering the normal cost of a beer in Vietnam ( beer 2USD, wine bottle 30USD, water 1USD) and they asked us to pay 1USD for any beer we took from outside the boat and 10USD for any bottle of wine from outside. Of course we drunk our beers and we didn't pay anything, avoiding to drink them during the dinner or the lunch.
Well, I think Vega Travel Cruise in Halong Bay is overvalued so don't have many expectations otherwise you will be disappointed. You get what you pay!

Visited December 2012

Santo Stino di Livenza, Italy
188 attraction reviews
“High Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Before our trip to Vietnam we searched and compared the price and the excursions for North Vietnam with a lot of tour Agency but this one we found good for price and different type of program. So I contacted them, and asked them a lot of questions, also stupid questions, they answered me always very fast and very kind. So after a lot of questions we booked 2 days in halong bay and then 3 days-4 nights in Sapa.
The tour in Halong Bay was very very excellent! All was perfect, the kayak,the guide,the food,the boat,the party in the boat with karaoke,the crew,all perfect. Then we came back,went to their office in Hanoi-City and make shower in their building then went in Sapa Town and also here all perfect:joung and very good guide,good food,good hotel,good family house,good friends,big party in family house,very good excursion in the rice fields. Really all was good. I really high recommended Vega Travel,they are very very professional ,cheaper and very kind . When I came back in Italy,I realized that I lose my photos in the computer in Sapa Town. I contacted Vega Travel and they tried to help me and try to find the photos…but unfortunately no photos. In any case, they were very kind. So, use this Travel Company! We tried also other Company (for 1 day excursion and Mekong Delta) but no good as this one!
PS- If somebody will go in “Holiday Sapa Hotel” in Sapa Town, please, please, contact me , maybe we can try another time to find my photos in the computer, because my opinion is that the photos are still in the computer. Thank you very much.

Visited November 2012
Kempsey, Australia
“A wonderful company with great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have just returned to Australia from another trip organised by Vega. I have used this company on many occasions from solo trips, tours with friends and a school group of twenty. I have always found them professional , flexible and incredible value. Their guides are knowledgable, adapable and full of fun ; with luck you will get either brother "Tiger" or " Dan" but all staff are great. I especially have enjoyed the organised home stays and eating in truck stops or the street with the guides and drivers. While I find all of Vietnam fascinating I would highly recommend a car , guide and driver to visit the area near the Chinese border and the small towns of Dong Van and Meo Vac- completely original Vietnam. A special challenge on a trip would be to try to beat Tiger at Table Tennis.

Visited December 2012
vienna
“Reliable service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We took part in a Halong Bay trip and a Sapa trip with Vega. All in all Vega kept all promises, organisation was professional. Their services like transfer, guidance, food, accomodation was good. The guides did effort to keep us entertained.

The only thing that the bathroom of the hotel in Sapa where we were supposed to take a shower was disgusting, dirty.

Visited November 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
6 attraction reviews
“Happy customer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We really enjoy the cruise and its kayaking ( allowing us to get out of the crowd in Halong bay). Mr Duk was really cool, knownlegable, great sens of humor and available. The crew also made this trip pleasant. Count 3h30 of bus both ways to reach the bay. Just to go back to a european restaurant once back in Hanoi but it is more related to personnal saturation of the Pho