“Stay here!! dont go anywhere else!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
FREE STAY AT HANOI HOSTEL
Ranked #8 of 126 Specialty lodging in Hanoi
Calgary, Canada
“Stay here!! dont go anywhere else!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

This was the most amazing place we have stayed in. We have been traveling for 3 months with 10 to go and Candy and Mike could not have been more helpful, they were beyond amazing. It was beyond the best place we have stayed, in South east Asia. Thanks again so much Candy and Mike for everything!

Alysha and Keaton

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hanoi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

I never write reviews for the places I stay but I have been so impressed with this particular hostel that I needed to write one.I have travelled one month in China & one week in Vietnam so far and the customer service in this hostel has been the best. Candy & Mike have been so helpful on booking tours to Sapa & Halong Bay & giving advice & tips about travelling around Vietnam. They have travelled around Vietnam & taken the tours themselves so they know firsthand by experience on what's it like unlike some other hostels. But the customer service is where they excel. Little nice touches like letting me check out late cause they had room when I had to wait around to board a train later in the day. A towel ready for a shower & coffee made when I arrived early coming back from Sapa cause I didn't have a room booked as I was leaving the same night. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are in Hanoi.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
McKinleyville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

There are lots of "Hanoi Hostels" out there, so just for clarification, this is one at 91C Hang Ma Street in the Hoan Kiem District of Hanoi.

The owners, Mike and Candy, are travelers themselves and this is demonstrated in their attention to all the little details that travelers need in both facility and services. The hostel is kept very clean, each bunk in the gender separated dorm rooms has secure storage, a little shelf to store things, a personal light and an ensuite bathroom.

This hostel also has a lovely private room. They put me in this room at no extra charge the night I arrived super late so as not to wake the other guests which tells you a little more about their thoughtfulness.

In addition to the rooms, the hostel has a small kitchen and upper patio dining area, to computers with internet in the lobby, reliable and fast wifi throughout, and goods for purchase like drinks, toiletries, etc.

The real highlight of this place are Mike and Candy. They are awesome hosts. They can arrange your day trips to Sapa, Halong Bay and elsewhere, purchase your tickets, recommend authentic restaurants nearby for the best Vietnamese food, and are also just fabulous people to chat with (I believe they both speak English, Vietnamese, French, and a little Chinese).

I definitely will stay here next time I visit Hanoi and I recommend you check out this little gem too!

Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

I've been living in Hanoi for two months doing volunteer work. In the first month of my stay I was moving from hostel to hostel while I looked for a reasonably priced room to rent in a house. I stayed in 3 different hostels in Hanoi's Old Quarter and this hostel is BY FAR the best. Everything about it is great.
The young Vietnamese couple who owns Hanoi Hostel (Mike and Candy) are so sweet. They go above and beyond to make your stay as smooth and comfortable as possible. They help you with directions, visas, finding good restaurants and shopping, and they'll find you the cheapest rates for any tour (Sapa, Halong Bay, Cat Ba Island, Perfume Pagoda, Hoi An, etc).
I was planning a trip to Halong Bay one weekend with a friend and I went to Candy to book it. She told me to wait to buy my ticket because she heard there was a typhoon coming to the coast. So I waited and everyday Candy sent me an email or a text message to update me on the typhoons' direction. After two days she called me to say the typhoon was heading towards China so I was safe to book my Halong Bay trip. =) It was so nice. Most tour agents wouldn't say a word about a typhoon and just sell you the trip to earn the commission. Candy really made sure my money wasn't wasted on a rainy Halong Bay.

Plus, they make sure the rooms in the hostel are cleaned everyday; you always have plenty of toilet paper, an empty trash can, and clean sheets...sounds pretty simple, but you'd be surprised what kind of service you get in other hostels.
The breakfast/bar is on the roof and is a great place to chill out. Its open all day with free tea. I loved to sit up there and read a book or work on my computer. Its so bright and peaceful.
If you're traveling to Hanoi, you should definitely stay at Hanoi Hostel. Tell Candy and Mike I said 'Hi'. Maybe they'll give you a free beer.... Just kidding. You'll get that even if you don't tell them I sent you. ;)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

When i first arrived to the strange and very unfamiliar city of Hanoi i prebooked 3 nights at this hostel, having no expectations at all... But Candy and Mike (the couple that own the place) invited me with open hands and hearts to their hostel and helped me with absolutely every thing.. I wanted to do my tours to Sapa, Ha Long Bay and Ninh Binh as cheap as possible and they really helped a lot with everything from Visa, airport pickup to trains tickets..
The hostel is clean, brand new, comfortable beds, cheap (5$), safe, maybe the best shower i had in Vietnam, very nice top floor for relaxing and reading (and drinking beers).
strongly recommend this place to everyone who is looking for a cheap and nice place to stay in Hanoi

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

I stayed for 27 nights... and for a reason! I felt so sad to leave. I wish I could live there.
It's SO CLEAN. The sink,toilet, and shower are all separated.. which I find to be pretty rare in Asia for a cheap accommodation. The bathroom and rooms are cleaned every morning. A day is never skipped.
It's very secure.. you get a large locker under your bed and at night the doors of the hostel are locked. They only let in guests who stay there. I have never felt unsafe leaving my valuables in the room or coming back late at night.
It's location in the Old Quarter is perfect. It's a 10 minute walk to Ho Hoan Kiem. Within that ten minute walk you'll find tons of shopping and food and bars.
There are many local bus stops nearby also.
The owners are a young Vietnamese couple who speak English very well. It's a small hostel so they are familiar with everyone who stays there.
They are EXTREMELY helpful and knowledgeable about everything.
They also offer the best prices on Tours throughout Vietnam in comparison to other places who book the same tours.
Anyways, highly recommended, nothing negative to say at all.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

This is a brand new hostel that opened only 3 weeks before I checked in on July 2010. It was quiet when I checked into my 8 bed dorm with only myself in the room. Nevertheless I expect this hostel to be in full capacity within months because of it's extremely clean rooms, friendly staff, free wifi and great free breakfast and happy hour. Candy, the co owner and her husband are extremely helpful. I took a great electric vehicle tour of the old quarters for only 15,000 dong. I enjoyed my stay and you will too!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Been to Hanoi Hostel? Share your experiences!