“What a fantastic way to see Hanoi” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 457 Activities in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Hanoikids is a volunteer tour guide club of young, friendly and ambitious students who love Hanoi and want to bring local breath to tourists from all over the world. More than all, we are desperate to become little ambassadors of Vietnam.
Manchester, United Kingdom
134 attraction reviews
“What a fantastic way to see Hanoi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a fantastic way to get shown round Hanoi and to meet with local students, they really are great ambassador's for the city. We were fortunate enough to have both a full day and half day and the guide's were knowledgable and friendly, it was a pleasure to spend time with them.

Auckland, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
“great afternoon, really helpful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Bach and Elua?, both Economics students, were punctual, really helpful and showed us round the Old Quarter and the French Quarter in Hanoi showing us things we would never have found on our own - make sure you go to the real Hanoikids website @org not the fake one @com!

Ballarat, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“HanoiKids simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was reading Trip Advisor reveiws and read about HanoiKids. Best thing I ever did! I arranged a tour. I was met by a delightful and intelligent young lady named Ngoc. She was a treasure. Her knowledge on Hanoi was all you could expect. She guided me to the usual Hanoi attractions and also to places I specifically requested. We walked and taxied around Hanoi for hours. Her energy knew no bounds. I felt guilty that the HanoiKids service is free. The few little token of appreciation I gave Ngoc seemed inadequate. I would urge anyone visiting Hanoi to avail themselves of the fantastic service HanoiKids offers. Thank you Ngoc!!

Visited March 2013
Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
“Great introduction to Hanoi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I read about the good reviews of Hanoi Kids on TA and I decided to book a 1.5d trip with them. On both days, the Hanoi kids were punctual, knowledgeable and really great to hang out with.

My guide on the first day was Hung, a third year Economics student. He was very friendly and accommodating and he noted that I like museums and architecture. During our walk, he pointed out the various architectural styles of buildings as we covered the key sights (Mausoleum, Opera House, West Lake, Military Museum, Women's Museum, Temple of Literature, French Quarter in Hanoi. He also took the initiative to help us purchase the tickets to the Water Puppet show and brought us to try My Van Thanh. During the walk, we also talked about life in Hanoi and Singapore, and I think it was a great exchange.

On the 2nd day, We met Ha, a third year Accounting student. As we have covered most of the key sights the day before, she suggested that we visit the Ethnology Museum. It was brilliant, I love the museum. She is very knowledgeable about the various exhibits at the Museum. We then spent an hour chatting in Giang Cafe over egg coffee. She then brought us around Old Quarter, pointing out a few key streets selling dried fruits, lacquerware, handicrafts and silverware where we could purchase some souvenirs.

My friend and I enjoyed the tour with Hanoi Kids. It's nice to hear the views and perspectives of the Gen Y. I highly recommend them and do book early!

Sydney, Australia
“Enjoyed our stay because of this experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and niece decided to use Hanoikids for our first visit to Hanoi. We booked two half days. Both girls, Tong and Ha arrived sharp on time at our hotel on consecutive mornings. They were very polite, friendly, knowledgeable and flexible. Our stay has been very enjoyable because we got to know some local people. We highly recommend Hanoikids for those who want a unique experience in this lovely city.