“THE BEST” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 382 activities in Hanoi
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Hanoikids is a volunteer tour guide club of young, friendly and ambitious students who love Hanoi and want to bring local breath to tourists from all over the world. More than all, we are desperate to become little ambassadors of Vietnam.
manila
37 attraction reviews
“THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Yen and Hung of Hanoi Kids are the BEST. We did the whole day tour last March 27. They assisted us in every way, from money exchange, site tours, taxi directions and even bargaining when we shopped in the old quarter. They gave us in depth knowledge on Ho Chi Minh Complex, Presidential Palace, One Pillar Pagoda, Museum of Ethnology. They recommended Quan An Ngon Restaurant which offered good food and good atmosphere.

Visited March 2013
Hanoikids, Public Relations Manager at HanoiKids Tour, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear filipin0traveller,
Thank you for your review. It means a lot to us.
We are delighted to hear you like your day with Hanoikids.
I will pass your review to Hưng and Yến
Best regards
Tùng

hanoi
3 attraction reviews
“best hanoi experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

All of the guides are very dependable and knowledgeable. My guide mentioned the rigors of making the hanoikids cut. Out of 800 applicants, only a select few are chosen! These guides really know their stuff and really cool people to know. This is a great way to get acclimated to Hanoi in the first few days you are here.

Visited April 2013
Dear scuellar1
We are happy to hear you liked the tour with us Hanoikids
And yes, it is very competitive to become a Hanoikids member because we select only the most personable candidates so that they are truly a "little ambassador" as our tagline goes.
Thank you so much for your review. It means a great deal to us.
Best regards
Tùng
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Excellent day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

One of the highlights of our trip and what a wonderful and interesting person to spend the day with. Our guide was Hien who was a university student in her fourth year of study. Her English was superb, and only starting to learn a year before you get to understand the importance in the tours from the perspective of the tour guides who voluntarily do this to improve their language skills. She really made the entire day very enjoyable.
The places we visited were very interesting, managing to see a number of the must see places in Hanoi with a delicious egg coffee when the heat got too much and a great place to have lunch on the recommendation of Hien. Definitely highly recommended as the first thing to arrange for when you arrive in Hanoi the scenery the history and the company of your tour guide are excellent. A very enjoyable day and many many thanks to Hien.

Visited March 2013
LePoseidon, Member of Public Relations Department at HanoiKids Tour, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Rachaeldean,
First of all, thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear you liked the tour. I will definitely pass your good words to Hien
All the best
San Francisco, California
61 attraction reviews
“Unbelievably wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had read all these amazing things about Hanoi Kids so 3 of us; my friend, her 22 year old daughter and I signed up. Our first choice of a date was fully booked but it couldn't have worked out better because we ended up in a 9am slot rather than a 2pm slot and we stayed with our guides Van and Anh for 6 hours. I had written some of the things we were interested in but I also wrote "meeting women" because I volunteer for a NGO and was visiting a grantee in Hanoi. Since I wrote that Van and Anh decided to bring us to the orphanage at the Temple. It was a really touching, heartwarming and sad experience. I could write an essay about just this but suffice to say it was very uplifting to see how many volunteers from all over were there to help out with the kids. It was also a holiday at the temple so it was crowded with people and we were invited to eat at the temple. I have been to 90 countries, this was my 2nd trip to Hanoi and it was only 11am and I was just in awe of the day. From there we went to Giang for the egg coffee; fantastic! The place is down a little alley and upstairs. After our egg coffee, we needed to do a few things so Van and Anh helped us. Thank goodness because the place we were going had moved and we probably wouldn't have found it. We then go to the Dong Xuan market which is more of an underground shopping mall but we pick up a few things there. Our last stop is for pho. We have street food and it is delicious. The pho had kumquats and chili so it was spicy enough for us.
I spent some time talking with Anh about the NGO I work with and she is interested in meeting the grantee and possibly volunteering there. What a connection! And did I mention Van and Anh speak excellent English. We gave a generous donation. We loved it.

Visited March 2013
LePoseidon, Member of Public Relations Department at HanoiKids Tour, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Khaton 13
First of all, thank you for your positive review! We are glad to hear you enjoy the day with Hanoikids. We hope our members brought you an insight into Vietnamese people and our diversified culture.
Hanoikids has energetic students who are absolutely interested in NGO so if you need any assist from Vietnam, do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Must do in hanoi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

One of the best tour we had in hanoi. As a tourist you always want to discover the local way of life and meet local people,but due to language barrier and limited information we always find ourselves end up in crowded tourist area. This is why we loved Hanoi kid,they are local student who speaks great English,you can ask any questions and they have an answer for it. They do not take this tour as a job,using my guide Hoang's word:" This is not a not a job,it is a nice day out with friends." And we defiantly felt like meeting new friends.During our tour we had few people asking our guide for help,we were so glad we had our guide to explain to us about history of the city and understand their culture.
I would highly recommend to bring them something from your own country,this is a culture exchange experience,the students would also like to learn about your culture as well.we were so glad we brought something from home because our guide brought us present as a memory for Hanoi. What a lovely thought.We probably paid more for the gift than going on an actual tour,but it will be a good memory for them as well. We sincerely thank our guide Vinny and Hoang,they are both very knowldegble and fun.We hope you will come to Australia one day,so we can repay your kindness.

Dear Chen W
I am more than happy to hear you had wonderful time with our club. And I agree that what our members are doing is not a job. It is just simply a day hanging out with foreign friends to Vietnam.
Thank you so much for having written the review so that we have more "friends" knowing about us
Regard
Tung

Been to HanoiKids Tour? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage HanoiKids Tour, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later