“very good hotel- would recommended it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Art Hotel

You added Art Hotel to your Saves list
Art Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   65 Hang Dieu,Phuong Cua Dong,Quan Hoan Kiem,Hanoi, Hanoi 1000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #57 of 450 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Ahmedabad, India
“very good hotel- would recommended it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

The art hotel is a really wonderful place to stay. The tariff included a wholesome breakfast, which was great...... the rooms are spotless, linen is changed every day, and the staff is really warm and helpful. They change money at the front desk as well.......
It felt very safe, which was really important for me as a single woman traveler. If I had to mention a downside, it would be that the room size wasn't anything to write home about (but for me everything fitted well though compactly), and that there was no lift - but that's easily resolved by booking the ground floor rooms.... the other thing was that they don't have a restaurant........ but there are plenty of restaurants around, and also home delivery.......have already recommended it, and would do so again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I stayed at the Art Hotel with my mother. We took one of the big rooms with a balcony. The view from the room was spectacular, the location perfect and the staff were so helpful and friendly. This was easily the best place we stayed in Vietnam.

• Stayed March 2011
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

I stayed there for 1 week , The room clean , comfortable and quite even the big windows face to the street . Most of all , the staff there very friendly and helpful . They replied me all the information I need to know . Even we were out late after midnight , but the staff very friendly to open the door for us ( which is not all the hotels in Hanoi like this ) . For us , the location is very good for us to walked around .

Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

It was the first time I came to Vietnam so I booked well in advance. I also booked the airport and I am lucky that I did so because the chaos in the city is terrible.
However i got picked up by the hotelsdriver. as it turned out and arrived at Art Hotel 40 minutes later.
Everything went as smoothly as the airport pickup. Check in was quick and painless, then I was shown to my room. I had booked a room in the back which was fine but I really wanted to see the other rooms as well and ended up liking one of the room in front better. This wasnt a problem at all, lucky me the hotel wasnt fully booked at the time. I stayed in Hanoi for six days, then went on some tours while leaving my luggage at Art Hotel. You can buy the tours with them but they might be more epensive than through a travel agency,
But I met many people who told me of their problems a long the way and all of my trous went smoothly, so I think paying more has paid off in the long run.
Let me just say that this is a wonderful hotel, which dedicated staff and very comfortable rooms. I would stay here again.
Best regard,

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Monterey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

A little pricier than some budget hotels in Hanoi but the hospitality you receive, amenities in the room and ample breakfast's make it worth every penny. Rooms were clean & super modern, with flat screens, cable, hot pots, hot water, blow dryer, fridge and comfy beds. The staff always received us with a smile and were willing to do anything to make our stay comfortable. It was honestly the best customer service we've received in Vietnam. We would highly recommend staying here and will be staying here ourselves in the future.

Fremantle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

The Art Hotel is lovely - decorated in pale colours it is modern and tastefully furnished. There's a nice breakfast area on the ground floor close to reception and on the lower ground floor there are several computers with printer and a left-luggage area. Staff welcome new guests with a drink while they make the room ready and they are polished and courteous. I didn't sleep too well due to some building work next door (which was out of the hotel's control) but the manager offered to let me use the room all next day after check out as I wasn't catching the train to Sa Pa until 8 pm. They went out of their way to apologise to me and make it up to me - I was really impressed with how considerate and professional they were. When I left for the train station they called a taxi for me and negotiated a good fixed price and took the number of the taxi for safety purposes. I would most definitely recommend this hotel and cannot fault the rooms or service in any way. Not quite on a par with the Elegance chain of hotels in Hanoi, but very close, and fantastic value for money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I have nothing but rave things to say about this hotel. The staff went above and beyond to insure that our stay was perfect, escorting us to the train station for our journey to Sapa, even. They always had smiles on their faces and were extremely professional.

The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and had everything you'd need to feel at home (safe, hair dryer, toiletries, glassed-in shower, free WiFi, breakfast included) and all for $30! The airport transfer is $16 one way, but I felt that this was perfectly reasonable since it is almost equivalent to what you would pay a taxi. I know this because on our first night our pick-up driver was a taxi and he turned on his meter when he left the airport and sure enough, right around $16.

We also did a package tour booked through the hotel. The package was a 3d/2n Halong Bay trip aboard the Phoenix Junk and then one night stay at the hotel. The ship was perfect, food excellent, and it even had a huge upper deck! All transfers were smooth and professional.

This hotel is brand new so I was surprised that it was so high up on the Trip Advisor list. Give it a try!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Art Hotel? Share your experiences!