“Very Average.” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #102 of 1,024 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Doing business, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cuisine Vietnamienne, Vietnamese, 36 streets, old quarter, bun cha, pho bo, bun bo
Adelaide, Australia
“Very Average.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

It was recommended to us but we were disappointed. Up stairs, inside with little atmosphere. People at next table complained that they had booked and.been promised an outside table but we're not given it. Waiters were attentive but not friendly - just going through the motions.
Crackers stale. Large insect on my salad which the waitress saw and said and did nothing about.
Very overpriced for the standard of food.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

we went there for an early dinner, our hotel advised us to book a reservation if we wanted to dine there. very nice old building, very nice service. I quite liked my food, but my family was very disappointed. My wife had tofu which she didn't like at all, my son had beef kebabs which were 80% raw inside and quite horrible ( I am sure that was not intended, but I could be wrong). I had a very nice soup, and a tasty appetiser. I can't remember the price but it was definitely aimed at the tourist dollar, but not too expensive. If I was still in Hanoi, probably wouldn't go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Very very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We read the few bad reviews and were swayed to go by a great review from the LUXE guide. We have visited Hanoi several times but not for several years and were keen to try this place. Arrived, it looked great. Despite booking weeks in advance, we were told that there were no outside tables available and were shown upstairs to an area where clearly all the tour tables go, very unattractive and very noisy. We asked for an outside table and were assured that we would get one within about 15 minutes. Stupidly we ordered food thinking that the outside table would become available, however the food arrived and when I asked about the outside table the waitress looked at me as if I was mad and said there were no outside tables available - she's the one who had told me that I would get an outside table and the owner also had said "we will seat you outside soon". Anyway, the food arrived, we took one look and briefly tasted it, dreadful. Decided to not eat it, pay our bill and eat elsewhere. Words fail me, simply dreadful.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Had a dinner here with friends and enjoyed it. The food was great and the service was good. The prices are bit higher than what we were paying in most places in Hanoi however it was more of a restaurant than a street café so that is to be expected. It wasn't overpriced. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and I would be happy to eat here again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very local ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very local kind of Vietnamese food here. Lotsa spices. Good buncha but a little oily for me. If you are a spice lover, you gonna love it here.