“very welcoming” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hanoi Impressive Hotel

You added Hanoi Impressive Hotel to your Saves list
Hanoi Impressive Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   54-56 Au Trieu Street | Hoan Kiem Dist., Hanoi 10000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #53 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Oxford, United Kingdom
“very welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

very helpfull staff. the room was clean and comfortable. the hotel is very central in a quiet street near the cathedral. I just found it a little to expensive compared to other places we went to in vietnam

Room Tip: the highest level the quietest
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed in Impressive hotel in January for 3 nights and all I can say is that the hotel and service offered is....impressive.
Front office staff were courteous, smiling and very dedicated to customer satisfaction.
The rooms are comfy and sound proofed. The rooms are equipped with heaters which came very useful during cold winter. This hotel is of great value.
I would highly recommend this hotel to any travellers in Vietnam.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I did a reservation by sending an e-mail. The manager, Mr Hake, arranged a taxi pick-up from Hanoi airport for 18 $ which everyone should do when travelling to Hanoi because of the taxi mafia. He also carried about our immigration letter which is needed to get the visa on arrival. The staff is very helpful and gentle. We stayed in 2 different rooms because we stayed several times in the Impressive (before or after tours): the rooms are very comfortabel with 2 large beds and the rooms are very clean an good smelling. The street where Impressive is located is very quiet and after 23h00, you will hear no noise. Reason why I didn't rate "Excellent": When we arrived, the hotel was overbooked and we had to stay in "St. Joseph's" just in front of the Impressive. Other point of critic: the breakfast was not very rich.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Oeiras, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I chose this hotel through the tripadvisor and I could confirm what I read here. Great location on a quiet street in less tourist area of Old Town, clearly the best area of the Old City and all Hanoi. The hotel is near the Hoan Kiem Lake, clearly the heart of Hanoi. It's beautiful stroll on the lake from 4am until 8am and see the Vietnamese do gymnastics or Tai Chi. The staff of this hotel was competent, friendly and helpful especially Vietnamese managers Antoine and Mike, who only use these names as nickname so they can be more easily identified by guests. Good breakfast. Good room and clean. I bought the tours with train, bus and transfers included to visit Bac Ha, Sapa, Perfume Pagoda, Halong bay and Cat Ba island here in this hotel which was an excellent choice. In Sapa, i did one medium trekking to idyllic Tavan village where I was sleeping in a family house. The path of boat until perfume pagoda is amazing. My Boat of Halong Bay (Royal Heritage) is very good. All these tours were excellent. In Cat Ba island i took another boat to visit the idyllic monkey island. So, was a great experience. I loved the old city of Hanoi. Vietnam and Vietnamese thank you for your competence, help, simplicity, intellect and friendship. I've been in this hotel in Nov 2012.
Jorge from Portugal

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

It will be my first time to travel to Hanoi and i really did not know what to expect, moreso where to stay. I sent an email to this hotel's reservations due to its reputation in tripadvisor to be a good hotel.

After an hour, i immediately got a reply to my query and a room was booked for me quickly. Impressive.

Upon arrival, we were welcomed by a courteous representative at 2am. He was on time and he had a smile on his face the entire time. He was not yapping in the car. He was just smoothly driving to bring us to the hotel safely. Impressive.

We were given room 603. Big room with balcony, clean and with WIFI.

This hotel is already impressive. What made it excellent was their staff. I realky like their sincerity and their ever willingness to help. Dont get me wrong, they were not giving out things for free. They just always help you the best way they can.

Locatiob is fantastic. Walking distance to almost anything you need while in Hanoi.

• Stayed December 2012
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Over the past three years, I have stayed at various hotels in the Old Quarter, and I cannot say I was wholly satisfied with any of them, because I was bothered by rat infestation in one 'boutique hotel'. Then I discovered Impressive Hotel in June this year. I stayed in this hotel for 4 weeks and was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel, the ample breakfast, the security and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The hotel is just a 5 minutes walk to Hoan Kiem Lake. It is also smack in the middle of good European restaurants, one of which the Mediterraneo, is a superb Italian rataurant. For those who cannot take the strong flavor of Vietnamese coffee there is a little cafe a few shops away which specialises in excellent indigenious organic coffee. When I was there on one occasion, a chap from New York was packing 5 kgs of the medium brew into his haversack. Imagine that! It is also very near to major attractions and to Quan Ngon, a huge food court serving a wide variety of very tasty Vietnamese cuisine at very affordable prices. I was so happy with the hotel that I stayed there again in September and December this year for 1 week and 3 weeks respectively. During my stays there I noticed that there are a few long term quests, so it is advisable to book the room well in advance.
C.S.Lee, Singapore.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is a perfect place to stay. It's far enough from the bells of the cathedral.
The room was very clean and comfortable.
Walking distance from the lake and the old town. Service staff very friendly.
We were on the 5th floor, I think the higher the better from a street noise point of view. Having said that it’s a relatively quit street.
We stayed there December 4th and 5th 2012.
We highly recommend this place, good value for money in comparison to other places we have stayed in (in Hanoi).
Ed from Holland

Room Tip: Would go for the upper floors
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hanoi Impressive Hotel? Share your experiences!