“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hanoi Rendezvous Hotel

You added Hanoi Rendezvous Hotel to your Saves list
Hanoi Rendezvous Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 Hang Dieu Street | Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #43 of 506 Hotels in Hanoi
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I travel to Ha Noi regularly and have been looking for a place to call home. I am business man but don't care to waste my money, nor do I need to be seen staying at the high end hotels. When I travel I want a clean room and hot water and comfortable bed in a good location. This hotel is my new home whenever I am in Ha Noi. The service was outstanding and food in the restaurant below was also great. It is great value and a great location. Would highly recommend this hotel for business and pleasure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

The friendliness of the staff and their willingness to help us when in need stood out the most from our stay. The rooms were more than adequate for the cost and we would definitely recommend Rendezvous to our friends!

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

We liked this hotel so much on our first stay we returned for another night after a trip to Sapa. The Rendezvous is in a great spot in the old town and we walked to see the sights of Ha Noi from this hotel.

The rooms are really large with high ceilings, comfortable beds, nice bedding and décor, big televisions on the walls and the bathrooms had an excellent rain shower! Far more than you’d normally expect from a guesthouse in Vietnam.

The rooms at the back are less noisy than those at the front.

The staff were also friendly and helpful and the owners, a young Australian couple were often around to give helpful information.

I would definitely return to this hotel when I next go to Ha Noi. Great value and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

During our stay in Vietnam we spend 3 nights in total in this great hotel. While we stumbled upon it initially and only planned to stay for a night, we liked it so much that we decided to stay on for another night and even return after a trip to Ninh Binh. The rooms are spacious, clean and newly decorated (it seems), they feature big and comfy beds, nice ensuite bathrooms (actual separate showers - a rarity in Vietnamese hotels of this category!) and new flatscreen TVs. But what makes this a memorable and really friendly place to stay in are the lovely, relaxed and very helfpul staff, who are great at organising trips, bus journeys, airport transfers... We also loved!!! the free Western breakfast with all sorts of different variations on the egg theme ;-)
We had a great time in Vietnam and would definitely return to the Rendezvous Hotel!!!

Rugby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

- All staff were very helpful and could not do enough for us
- Luke was around to help with the finer ponts that we needed answers to
- Location is spot on...5 minutes walk from the lake and town
- Breakfast was good value

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

My fiancee and I stayed here for two nights and loved it! The staff is attentive, enthusiastic and full of advice. They arranged a motorbike rental for us - we definitely recommend seeing Hanoi this way. The breakfast is lovely - lots of options all included in the very reasonable nightly rate. The location is great - just a short walk to some of the main attractions and lots of good local food right nearby. Free internet in the lobby doesn't hurt either! The rooms were comfy and quiet - newly put together. We already mentioned the place to folks we've now met in our further travels in Hue, Vietnam.

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

After Saigon, I traveled to Hanoi and stayed at the Rendezvous on the recommendation of an Australian woman I had met on the Mai Kong Delta. I quickly understood what she meant when she said she loved the place.
The service was exceptional, from picking me up at the airport and the train station, to arranging which tours to select that would best meet my needs, to the room service & the restaurant. There was always someone at the desk who spoke English.
The rooms were clean and beautiful, with that characteristic charm that captured the old section of Hanoi. For the price, I felt like I was in a 5 star place; there is no better value in the area.
I loved it so much that I made the hotel my base while I toured Ha Long Bay and Sapa, staying a total of 5 nights. I am just a teacher from California who was traveling to find herself, not some promotor; this is my honest opinion. The pictures on their website are accurate, what you see is what is really there. I plan to stay there again next summer.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Hanoi Rendezvous Hotel? Share your experiences!