“Business hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Hanoi Hotel

You added Sheraton Hanoi Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Hanoi Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   K5 Nghi Tam, 11 Xuan Dieu Road | Tay Ho District, Hanoi 1000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #112 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Business hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Mostly we avoid staying at large corporate hotels but this was booked by our travel company. First thing we were asked when we checked in was can we take $100 from your credit card. No way we'd already paid up front for our accommodation. Do they really distrust their guests that much? Our room was a good size, comfortable bed and the usual bathroom facilities. Breakfast was ok. One morning I coughed and a delightful waitress looked concerned, went off and came back with a carton full of beautifully sliced lime and honey and three camomile tea bags. I was very touched, long time since a complete stranger has been so kind to me. Unfortunately I didn't ask her name and the next day at breakfast she wasn't there but I hope she realises what it meant to me. Free Wifi only works in the lobby and then only if you sit practically on top of the router. When will these large organisations work out that smaller independent hotels offer free wifi throughout their hotels? The menu in the lobby bar was good especially the sandwich and beer deal and our waitress there was also lovely. There's a decent sized pool but not good enough weather for us to use. Mixed reactions from me, would I stay there again...only if there was no boutique style hotel available.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sheerness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

really nice hotel slightly out of the main town. Lovely comfy bed in a smart room with very nice restaurant. Very friendly staff, was a very pleasant start to our tour of Vietnam. Booking in was a bit slow but was worth the wait for the lovely comfy very big bed and blackout curtains.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Room was big but outdated.
Pool wasn't big as this is a city hotel, not a resort.

Staff were nice and breakfast was good enough.
Go for breakfast buffet if it's included already in the room rate but I wouldn't pay 27usd again.

It was nice to be away from all the Hanoi city noise for a while.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

After completing a five night stay at the Sheraton Hanoi, I can say that I made a great choice for my stay in this city. Prior to visiting Hanoi, I wanted to stay at the Sofitel Metropole Hotel but knew that I would be touring each day – City Tour, Countryside Tours, and Halong Bay. With tours and schedule in mind, I chose the Sheraton Hanoi and was very pleased with my stay. The hotel was beautiful and was much more upscale than I had anticipated. The room photos on the hotel’s website are not truly representative of the actual room – I found the room to be much nicer and more upscale and that was a great surprise.

I booked a rate that did not include breakfast. The price for breakfast is around 27 USD per person. So, I would determine if breakfast packages offer a better value than purchasing breakfast separately.

We completed a day trip to Halong Bay. I had read that one should complete an overnight trip to Halong Bay but I really did not want to overnight in a boat in Halong Bay. The day trip was long but I found it be totally doable and a great experience. We rented a private boat and it was a great option. Yes, it was more expensive but it allowed much more flexibility regarding when we left the dock, when we returned to the dock, what we saw during the day, etc. If you’re on a group tour, your experience will be very regimented and will not allow for flexibility. If you’re completing a day trip only, I would seriously consider a private boat – expensive but worth it.

I researched tour companies prior to arrival in Vietnam and booked of all tours through Ann Tours. Ann Tours was a great option – provided airport transportation, excellent guides, safe transportation, reliable service. If you have an option, Nam, a guide with Ann Tours, was excellent.

There are many great restaurants within walking distance of this property. On one evening, we did visit the Sofitel Metropole for drinks and dinner. I found this to be a great option and satisfied my need to see the Metropole. The Sofitel Metropole IS a beautiful property but the difference in room rates between that property and the Sheraton did not justify the splurge since we would be out of the room very early on several mornings for countryside day tours.

If I returned to Hanoi, I would choose the Sheraton Hanoi.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Absolutely a wonderful place to spend yo valuable time. Ranging from food, health facilities but most interestingly is the house keeping department which keeps on ensuring that you're in a clean environment every moment. Ngoc Tran, Giang, Hanh Nguyen and Thuy Ngac just made my stay memorable. Any time you wanna be in Hanoi think of giving Sheraton a try. Keep up the good work ladies n gentlemen.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here on non consecutive nights as part of a Vietnam tour. From the moment we stepped into the sumptuous lobby and foyer area we knew that we were in a high standard hotel befitting of the Sheraton name. Check in at the front desk was friendly and efficient and we where whisked away to a very comfortable deluxe room. The breakfast selection was also fantastic. I also have to commend the young driveway attendant who gave us some great trips on travelling to the old quarter and locations to visit. He also told us exactly how much we should pay for our 20 minute taxi ride to the old quarter ensuring we wouldn't get ripped off. The only criticism I have is that we were not informed that wifi to our room was not free of charge and so we were surprised to find a bill of about us$20 when we checked out. Free wifi is apparently free only for their club members. I found this disappointing as this was the only hotel we stayed in Vietnam that did not provide free wifi.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in this property a total of 4 nights. It is well run and in good condition. The rooms are spacious and clean. Excellent bath facilities with tub and separate shower. Very quiet. We stayed on 2 different sides and the view was good from both. Very fast evlevators
Breakfast buffet with made to order eggs includes a wide varitey of western and eastern cuisine.
The fitness facilitly is top notch and a very nice pool area.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Hanoi Hotel? Share your experiences!