“Good location and value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Hanoi Hotel

You added Sheraton Hanoi Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Hanoi Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   K5 Nghi Tam, 11 Xuan Dieu Road | Tay Ho District, Hanoi 1000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #114 of 513 Hotels in Hanoi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco
“Good location and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our first time in Hanoi (and Vietnam) and we stayed at the Sheraton. The hotel is in a good location right on the lake so it had good views of the city. A short taxi ride to the Old Quarter (70,000 VND or about $3.30 USD), so it wasn't bad. Great entry/lobby area and nice pool. We didn't eat at the hotel because we mainly tried local places outside the hotel.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

Rooms were a good size, clean, not super modern, but as expected for a Sheraton. Wi-fi worked well in all areas.

Price was cheap for a Sheraton, but a bit more than the smaller hotels around the city.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
tsujip, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear “John F”,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Hanoi hotel. Your comments are much appreciated. The hotel is located about 10 – 15 minute taxi ride away from the Old Quarter and is located right next to the West Lake. During the Summer months, our pool is a great place to relax and unwind after a long day of sight seeing. There are plenty of great eateries around the hotel for you to try. Thank you for your comments about the staff, it’s always great to read positive comments about the staff.

I hope that you enjoyed your trip to Vietnam and hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Coomera, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here due to obtaining a package deal with a cruise in Halong Bay. We were happy to be staying at a Sheraton, however, whilst it appeared to be 4-5 star, I think it is overdue for a reno in the rooms. It was clean, comfortable but overpriced. The pool was very dirty, mould growing on the tiles on the steps (lots of it) and the pool bar..well it didnt have a bar in it sadly. The location was fine, however, needed a taxi into the hub which wasnt expensive. They did provide shuttles but this didnt always match our plans. Breakfast was comprehensive and plenty of it. Our package said fre wifi, however it was only available in the foyer which was inconvenient late at night when you want to catch up on emails etc in your pj's. Overall...ok, but wouldnt stay there if you are looking for that nice sheraton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear “Nursieness”,

Thank you for your feedback about the Sheraton Hanoi. I am sorry that we could not impress you during your stay. The pool bar has been closed for a number of years and there is always a question about this space. There are no excuses for the mold on the stairs, we will have to do better.

The hotel does offer a complimentary shuttle bus that leaves the hotel 3 times a day at 9 am, 1pm and 6pm and taxi’s cost approx. U$5 to the Old Quarter of town. Unfortunately I cannot comment about the free wifi and would require some more information to investigate, if you would like to send me an e-mail paul.tsuji@sheraton.com. The hotel does offer complimentary wifi in the lobby and also at the link@sheraton but I do understand your comment about catching up on e-mail in your pajamas.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Hanoi and Vietnam.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is my third stay here since May, and all my visits have been excellent. I came to Hanoi after working in the Philippians for a week, and really needed to relax before going to Northern Vietnam for a week of work. All of my visits to date have been for business, but would love to bring my family here for a holiday. Check in was very efficient, and the staff iwas always friendly. They also offer money changing at a reasonable rate with no extra charges you would pay at the airport. There are other very good restaurants just outside the hotel, that are very good if you want to get out of the hotel. The location is a bit far from the Old quarter (30 min walk on busy streets), but taxi’s are very inexpensive. The gym is good, but could use an update. The pool is perfect for relaxing on a sultry Hanoi afternoon with a cold drink. When you book here, it’s more than worth it to upgrade to the Executive Club package (total about $170USD/night), however you get a bigger room, on a higher floor, access to the business center (free printing and internet), free wireless access, and access to complementary cocktails and light snacks. I also get the breakfast package, as they have a super breakfast buffet. I’m returning to this hotel on my return trip home to the U.S.

Room Tip: Get the Executive Club package!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear “pjriccio”,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Hanoi. It’s great to read that you enjoyed your stay. The Sheraton Club rooms are actually the same size as the other rooms in the hotel 37 square metres (398 sq. ft.). the benefits of the Club Lounge are quite good and as you have pointed out, I also believe that the Club package is worthwhile.

There are some good restaurants around the hotel for you to choose and I am surprised to read that you walked to the old quarter, good for you! You do get a good feel of Hanoi by foot and as you have pointed out it’s about 30 minutes, but most people take a taxi which costs around U$5. After walking to the Old Quarter, I am sure that the pool would have been an Oasis to relax and enjoy a swim to escape the heat.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to make the Sheraton Hanoi your home away from home when you travel to Hanoi.

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Sheraton twice during our trip to Vietnam. The first time was for a single night before going up to Sapa and the second for three nights as the last stop in our Vietnam holiday. We were in an executive club room on both occasions. The rooms a very clean and modern and our package included free wifi which was fast and reliable.

The staff could not have been more helpful, my partner had a bad back and they helped us get to an internatnal doctor. The staff around the fitness centre and the lobby lounge were fantastic, and the house keeping service was excellent.

I would like to specifically mention the Chime Lounge at this hotel as I think other Sheratons may be able to look at this model and adopt it for their hotels. As part of the executive club cocktail time you could use the Chime Bar for cocktails and tapas. The food and cocktails were spectacular, the food was cooked as you ordred and the staff were very professional and friendly. The staff at Chime made our time in Hanoi, and we can't thank you enough for how you looked after us while we were there.

If you are coming to stay think about upgrading to Executive Club and try the Chime Bar facilities.

The hotel is away from the old quarter and the french quarter but this made it a refuge from the heat of August in Hanoi.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear “DavinC”,

Thank you for writing a review about the Sheraton Hanoi hotel. I hope that you enjoyed your trip around Vietnam. The Executive Club floors have great benefits, including the Club Lounge. I am sorry to hear that your partner had a bad back during your travels. Thank you for your kind words about our staff, it’s great to read that the fitness centre, lobby lounge and housekeeping stood out.

The Chime bar concept is actually a Sheraton concept for Asia Pacific and it’s great to read you liked our Chime bar! The Chime bar has a kitchen attached so the food being served to our club lounge guests will always be made to order. Our staff at the Chime bar are always happy to receive positive feedback.

I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton Hanoi on your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Average hotel and rooms, but VERY POOR housekeeping! Breakfast was good, rooms were ok, but our rooms were not cleaned and tidied properly each day, we had to call housekeeping every day when we came back! Very annoying after a busy day sightseeing, good location but a long journey into central areas. Beds not so comfortable as I would expect from this chain.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
tsujip, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear “bcjms”,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Sheraton Hanoi hotel. I was saddened to read your comment about the housekeeping, we will need to keep working to improve. Great to read that you liked the breakfast, it is the most important meal of the day. The hotel is located next to the West lake and a 10 – 15 minute taxi ride into the city. I was a little surprised with your comments about the beds. Depending on how firm you like the mattress, we can firm the bed up a little. Please feel free to contact me at paul.tsuji@sheraton.com if you are travelling to Hanoi again so that we can have an opportunity to make it up to you.

Howden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We loved it. Good efficient staff. Fantastic breakfasts. Great views from our excellent room.
Good location to walk out from and get the feel of Vietnamese streets with a local beer without the rush and commotion of the old quarter (but be careful of the hurrying traffic). The pool area was great as well.
Look at a map first, however we considered it a nice walk across the causeway to visit the area and buildings commemorating Ho Chi Minh.

Room Tip: Consider a room upgrade that allows you to use the club lounge with its benefits of complimentary dr...
Dear “Graham T”,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Sheraton Hanoi hotel! Your comments are much appreciated and its fantastic to read that we could live up to your expectations. The staff are what makes a hotel special and I am glad to read we got everything right. The breakfasts are always something we are working on to ensure a good variety to choose from. The rooms have great views of the surrounding lake and the pool is a little oasis away from the traffic of Hanoi.

We look forward to looking after you on your next visit to Hanoi.

Myrniong, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife & I spent 3 nights at the Sheraton, the hotel itself we found to be a bit austere, the majority of the staff were very friendly, as we found most Vietnamese to be, but the desk was not very helpful & the directions they gave were innacurate. The taxi we used, directed by Sheraton staff gave us the runaround, until I told him to go back to the Sheraton. I must stress that with the exception of the desk, all other staff were a credit to the hotel. We were told that we had no internet unless we upgraded, this was wrong. The location was not ideal for us also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
tsujip, Hotel Manager at Sheraton Hanoi Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear “GBNBRON”,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Hanoi. I am never happy to read bad reviews and have been looking into your review about the “desk”. Thank you for your comments about the rest of the staff members in the hotel. The hotel does have internet packages available also offers complimentary internet at the link@sheraton and in the public areas, I am sorry if this was not communicated properly. The hotel is located not in the old quarter but at the more relaxed West lake area but is only a 10 – 15 minute taxi ride away from the city centre. if you have the time, please feel free to contact me so that I can look into the issues you had during your stay paul.tsuji@sheraton.com

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Hanoi and hope that we will have the opportunity to make it up to you on your next visit.

Hotel Manager

Been to Sheraton Hanoi Hotel? Share your experiences!