“Charming place and great food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 931 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: French, International, Fusion, Asian fusion
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Tucson, Arizona
“Charming place and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We picked up a card advertising this restaurant only about a block from our hotel (Mercure Hotel Hanoi La Gare) and gave it a try and were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere of the place was wonderful - very romantic setting. And it was nice to have a great french meal - the menu had so many good things to choose from that it took my husband and me awhile to decide what we wanted. The place was very clean and the waitpersons helpful and friendly. Would go back there again without hesitation. We asked if we could keep the handwritten receipt for a souvenier as the meal cost 1,750,000 VND (translate that into about $83)...we've never paid a million plus for anything until we got this bill! And the meal was definitely worth it (2 drinks, 2 main courses, and 2 desserts).

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
LaBadiane, Manager at La Badiane, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Barbara361,

It's nice to you to taking time to share your experience at La Badiane on TripAdvisor.
We are pleased that you have enjoyed our setting as we pay attention to every details to try to make it comfortable and warm for our guests. Guests of Mercure Hotel are always welcome at La Badiane and it's convenient for them as it's very close.
We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you and for you to try some other delicacies of our menu.

We are looking forward to welcome you at La Badiane.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
“French cuisine excellence in Hanoi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We went to Badiane twice during our holidays in Hanoi.
Even though we were enjoying street local food we needed a respite after 10 days in Cambodia and Vietnam.
We did dinner first, which turned out to be a very pleasant meal. Only marred by the fact we got a table in the outside court which was a bit hot and lacked character for this type of restaurant. It was a pricey meal (around $160 for family of four). Still worth it every penny.
Lunch was an even better experience. They offer a set lunch menu which is better value than dinner with same quality. This was a smashing meal. The interior is really charming, very well decorated.
Service outstanding.
I would no doubt come back to La Badiane if i were to visit Hanoi again.

Visited July 2014
Dear Jose Luis G,

La Badiane and I have been pleased to welcome you and your family at La Badiane twice, and it was a pleasure to listen you speak french as my spanish is a bit rusty. And I thank you for taking time to share your whole experience of La Badiane on TripAdvisor.
We offer both dinner menu and lunch menu and for those two we try to keep a high quality for food and service at different price and quantity. I am happy that you enjoy your both meals and your kids their Tagliatelles Carbonara. For the table outside, i am sorry that is altered a bit your experience, as all our table inside with A.C was already booked.

I will be pleased to welcome you and your family at La Badiane for your next visit in Hanoi.

Best regards,
Manila, Philippines
“charming and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We learned of this restaurant from trip Advisor and our hotel vouched for its quality. We were very pleased with our three course meal - a wonderful blend of flavors. Spices and textures used especially well. My only problem was I ate too much! Would love to visit again on my next trip to Vietnam!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Smilintraveler,

Firstly thank you to taking time to share your dining experience at La Badiane on Tripadvisor. The Chef will appreciate that you have enjoyed his dishes creation and blend of flavours, spices and texture, as they are really important in his cuisine.

We will be pleased to welcome you at La Badiane for your next trip in Vietnam.

Hanoi, Vietnam
“good memory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I and my wife came to La Badiane as a suggest from theW and we were totally happy. I chose Memory of love for our anniversary.

Happy with the ambient, the food and useful staff.

FYI, dont forget talking to the chef, he's nice and will give you good advice for pairing wine ;)

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Nam V,

We have been pleased to welcome you and your friend at La Badiane. Thank you to take time to share your experience on TripAdvisor as your review is useful to us.
La Badiane and his staff are happy that you enjoy your food and the service and we will keep going this way.

We are looking forward to welcome soon at La Badiane.

Sydney
“A Break from Vietnamese flavours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We chose this restaurant on the basis of tripadvisor reviews and because we wanted some European flavours on our plate that night. We weren't disappointed and came away with very full bellies. We didn't even make it to dessert!

I ordered foie gras two ways and that was an absolute delight - even my husband who does not like the stuff was stealing mouthfuls off my plate! My husband had a salmon starter which was yummy and we both had the duck with pea puree and duck fat potatoes for main. *drool* Our son had a steak which the waitress suggested he have with fries rather than the fancier menu version and that was much appreciated. The steak was well cooked and kept him happy.

Generally, the service was very smooth and conscientious. The only quibble I'd mention - and it's just a suspicion - is that we were put in a small, somewhat isolated room and I'm guessing that was because we had a child in tow. I know restaurants face a difficult issue here - one diner's treasure is another diner's brat - but it certainly reduced the potential ambience of the evening for us.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
LaBadiane, Manager at La Badiane, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear VenturerSydney,

I was pleased to meet you and your family and we are glad that you came to La Badiane for dinner. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor as your comments are really important to us.
The Chef and his staff will know that you, your son and husband have really enjoyed their meal and even success your husband to try the Foie Gras which is a must at La Badiane.
About the ambiance and the fact that you came with your son, there were no intention to separate or isolate you from other guests, as La Badiane is Child Friendly and we purpose french fries, carbonara, bolognese,.., to satisfy kid's palate. Actually in July it is quiet and some days we have a few guests and they choose where to have a seat, outside or inside in one of the 3 rooms with A.C.

La Badiane is looking forward to have an other opportunity to welcome you and offer a nice dinner ambiance.

Manager,