“beautiful food” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Beijing
“beautiful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We managed to get a seat at La Badiane just before it closed for Tet in late January, and we were very much looking forward to it, having read all the reviews! We weren't disappointed. Excellent service, totally wonderful food and, other than a possibly dud glass of wine, a superb meal. Splash out for one meal here if you can, or eat here every day - if you're very lucky!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food worth every don!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Read the excellent trip advisor reviews, and thought we would drop by. Since we weren't too hungry, we shared one starter, a crab remoulade, which was new for us and very refreshing. The manager came by to ask us how it was, and he knew exactly what went in when I asked him what the ingredients on the plate were. The mains were delicious, albeit just ever so sing ghetto over seasoned in certain parts, but my duck breast fillet was cooked to perfection. They paid attention to flavour combination, with the tamarind sauce contrasting with the sweet squash purée, and they had a few sweet potato “mille-feuilles" to create texture. My dad had some interesting blue foam! Which the waitress knew about the ingredients, and again I was impressed. We sat outside in the courtyard, which had a special rustic feel. The dessert was divine! Creme brûlée can be boring, but they have made it interesting with coconut, mango and passion fruit. Mom's mellow chocolate cake was essentially a fondant, and really hot and liquid, yum! Oldies music in the background, perfect! Would definitely recommend, they even offer to get you a taxi if you need. Top notch for the price.

Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Even the kids cleared their plates!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We went to La Badiane for my MIL's 70th birthday dinner on our family trip to Vietnam. We were expecting fine dining and weren't disappointed. Service was efficient, timely and discreet. We were worried about what the kids would eat (6-14 years old), but they cleared their plates! Unheard of for my 11 year old so I need their lamb shank recipe. That says that the food was well cooked, flavoursome and not so complicated that it would scare anyone off. The chef is still using foam, which can be a little off putting when it's blue! The desserts were just as delicious as the mains. Overall a great meal.

Hanoi, Vietnam
“The treat to taste and sight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is truly one of the best experience I ever got. The ambiance is the first thing that captures me, white-painted walls in contrast with black and white or sepia pictures, showing grand simplicity and class of this place. Services is impeccable, their servers are always smiling and caring for each of us the whole meal, which is just perfect, well-presented and divinely taste. The entree duck rillettes make me wish that I can eat it everyday, accompanying with a small French bread is just simply delicious. Main dish is beef carpaccio, the food looks so beautiful, demonstrating that we can enjoy the food not only by taste but also by sight as well, I regretted that I didn't take the picture before diving in, however, the taste is just overwhelming and full of flavour, from the golden combination of raw beef with passion fruits and crispy fries when i put them into my mouth and chew, so wonderful it tastes. Dessert come with the stew apples, a little sweet for my taste, in my opinion it would be better if served with shredded ice, however, the chilly part has made the dessert inviting again and get me back to wonderland. I also recommend the cappuccino for their delectable and distinctive flavor.

Thank you for delivering such the whole experience that I love very much.

Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We'd loved the Hanoi street food scene, but by the last night of our week there the thought of sitting down (on a Western-sized chair!) for a French cuisine meal was very nice. We were not disappointed in the slightest, La Badiane is all class. Presentation and taste was fantastic, and service was faultless. Lovely wines available by the glass at very reasonable cost. Thanks are due to Tu, our street-food guide, for his recommendation!