“One of the best dinners I had!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 1,014 Restaurants in Hanoi
Cuisines: French, International, Fusion, Asian fusion
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“One of the best dinners I had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

After arriving in Hanoi, my friend took me to this place. The French ambience is certainly something that you'll notice, amidst the chaos of Hanoi.

I can honestly say that I had one of the best dinners here! I had the gastronomic plate - one entree, one main and one dessert. The food was amazing, great balance of flavours and delicious. I definitely recommend the eggplant for entree, duck for main and chocolate for dessert.

On top of that, the service is excellent. Very attentive.

I actually loved this place so much, I went there twice during my 6 day visit. :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
“One of the best fois gras' I've ever tried!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We decided to treat ourselves on our last night in Vietnam and decided to try a differnet cuisine to Vietnamese. We knew that this was going to be difficult since we ate so well during our whole trip.

We'd been to a French fusion restaurant in Hoi An (Mango Mango) and was very disappointed.

We ordered the fois gras as entre and knew tat this would be the make or break dish. And wow!~ I was blown away. It was truely an amazing experience. The "fusion" element was minimal as one of the other commentors mentioned. But still present and married absolutely perfectly with the dish.

The duck as main was as exceptional.

I guess with the bar set so high with the entree and main and I wasnt 100% sold on the desserts, but that may simply be because I had barely any room left :)

Highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“Absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Comparative to other restaurants in Hanoi La Badiane is more on the expensive side. However you could see it as a bargain considering the food freshness and quality All the food we ate exceeded expectations! Definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Hanoi :)

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Devine crab ravioli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Lunch today was excellent.beetroot and feta salad, the outstanding crab ravioli with a dill,coconut foam topped off with an amazing dessert of passion fruit soufflé with popping rice and a toffee lace decoration. Lovely service, wine and atmosphere in the upstairs air conditioned room

Wageningen
“Excellent food quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

In this small street you will not expect to find an exclusive French restaurant of this quality. We had 3 course meals with 4 persons, bottle of wine (Chardonnay), sparkling water, coke, and Irish Coffee, all food around 220 USD. The presentation of the dishes were excellent. As was the staff.
You will not be disappointed by this French chef and his Vietnamese staff.