“Happy to find this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rising Dragon Grand Hotel

Save Saved
You added Rising Dragon Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Rising Dragon Grand Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24 Hang Ga St | Old Quarter, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam (Formerly Rising Dragon II Hotel)   |
Special Offer
LOWEST RATE@Hotel Website
Ranked #66 of 490 hotels in Hanoi
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Happy to find this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

First I have to thank A LOT that very helpful and nice young men in Rising Dragon 1 on Hang Be st in the morning of 22/1/2013, He really helped "Lady in distress" when I was forced to leave very poor hotel I booked and was looking for new place to stay since 5am. I was very tired but he saved me by calling other Rising Dragon cause they were full. Even ordered taxi for free (!!!) for me when found a room for me.
Really made my day, so - Thank you so much, I wish I could remember your name but was so tired, very sorry.
And what a place he found me! This Rising Dragon Grand Hotel treated me so well, upgraded the room and every day smiling staff on the reception helped me with everything - to find things I needed for my camera and so on.
Rooms were very nice, clean, bed almost too comfortable - you didn't want to leave the room. The real oasis middle of busy and noisy Old Town.
I was almost happy that my trip to Halong Bay went down the drain cause was able to come back to this place - they find a room for me again when suddenly had to come back to Hanoi.
Highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

406 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Oxford, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Like many English teachers, my wife and I have recently embarked on a working holiday (that may last up to 18 months) and the Rising Dragon Grand was our first port of call after arriving at Noi Ba airport. From the moment we arrived the service and standards at the hotel were very good indeed. The location is ideal for getting to know the Old Quarter and as a base for trips further afield. We have stayed at other hotels in the group - the accommodation is very good and very well priced

The staff are genuinely interested in your reasons for choosing to visit Vietnam and can be relied upon to give helpful advice on where to get a haircut, where to change money in Hanoi safely, what prices are 'normal' for goods and services in the area and on what to avoid. The reception team are so lovely to all the guests despite how they are sometimes addressed by some of the more demanding clients. Anything we asked for was provided swiftly and with a willing attitude. The porters were delightful, and very grateful when tipped - although none of the staff displayed an expectant attitude towards tip. The impression I get from the Rising Dragon group on the whole is that the staff enjoy their work are rewarded for their efforts. The whole operation seems well managed and efficient.

If you are looking for a clean, safe, hospitable and welcoming small hotel in Hanoi then I suggest booking at the Rising Dragon Grand. After staying for a week when we first arrived at this place we found an apartment which suits our long term plans- now we drop by the Rising Dragon for a chat with the staff when we are in the Old Quarter!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Rising Dragon Grand Palace (formally Rising Dragon 2) for 4 nights. The staff were amazing, very friendly, interested, helpful and knowledgeable. We stayed in a deluxe room, great price - I think it was around AUD$44 p/night - which had everything we could want (huge & comfortable [whilst firm] bed, free WiFi, computer, TV) The bathroom was large enough, big shower with decent pressure, the shower floor sloped the wrong way so drainage was a slight issue, but all very clean. We asked for a high room which helped cancel some Hanoi noise. The Breakfast was a nice set up, buffet breads/fruit etc and then order the main meal of your choice. Their Pho Bo was a breakfast I wish I could have everyday.
The location is brilliant, short walk from the night markets and the lake, not too far to Ho Chi Minh's mausoleum/residence. Further information on restaurants/cafes close by would have been good, but I'm sure if we had of asked we would have had many options!! The hotel organised a trip to Halong Bay for us, we wanted a 4/5 star cruise and picked the best they had however the choices provided may depend on the level of the hotel as the ship was not the best but turned out to be a lot of fun.
We were in Hanoi at the end of November and it was quite cool, jeans and a cardigan were a must.
Definitely would stay at Rising Dragon again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
oakland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Rising Dragon for 3 nights after getting a very good deal from Agoda (about $33/night). This was an excellent value for a spacious room and location in the old quarter. We had a great new comfortable bed, free wifi with a computer in the room, good lighting for reading, separate shower with good hot water, and tub we did not use. The staff were superior, very friendly and helpful, especially at the reception desk. They upgraded our room at no additional cost. They gave us good restaurant recommendations, called for reliable & honest taxis, allowed us to leave luggage for a week while we travelled north, and were so kind when we had to come back at 5am to pick up our luggage. We would stay here again and highly recommend it. The only drawback was construction occurring next door which was not mentioned to us.

Room Tip: See if they will upgrade your room at no additional charge. We did not ask, but reception did this...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and were pleased. The hotel is super central. The staff are VERY friendly and accommodating. And their breakfast pho is solid. The standard rooms are small, but fine if you're out adventuring during the day. Make sure you get a room up high so that you have some natural lighting.

• Stayed December 2012
Warrnambool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel in early January with a friend. We had a great stay. Staff were extremely friendly and were always willing to help. It was in a good location in the Old Quarter, about 10 minute to the lake. The reception staff organised a trip for us to the Perfume Pagoda. The hotel is quite modern and very well maintained. Will stay here again when I return to Hanoi!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We are supposed to stay at Rising dragon legend hotel but was told the that one traveller has been sick so has to prolong his stay and hotel has no more room for us therefore we have to be transferred to Rising Dragon Grand hotel. They always used the same excuse that someone has extended their stay as they are not well.
The Rising Dragon grand hotel is dated and the room has low ceiling so u would feel comfortable at all for me I am only 1.75m yet I feel the congestion when stay in the room. The furniture is old and the bathroom is in terrible condition. I have no choice to stay for a night as it is almost 8pm at night. The breakfast place is small and the choice is so limited and make us feel even more miserable to stay in this hotel. The breakfast also is a storage area for them as they put many pillows and tools in the cupboard and can see the bellboy taking the stuff from the cupboard so it is rather messy there. Anyway there are lot of hotels out there so my advise is to stay away from this hotel until they do something to improve!

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Rising Dragon Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!