“Decent hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #218 of 426 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Decent hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had just got back from our trip to Halong Bay and unfortunately the Hanoi Hostel was full. So they suggested a few hotels within the same price range. The room was big and the bed comfortable but the bathroom needed a shower curtain to avoid it becoming completely wet. Most of the staff are good however some can be slightly ambivalent. There is a variety of different breakfast options available which is good!

We got a room which was road facing which meant we didn't much sleep after 6am with the noisy street below.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Singapore, null, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were there for two night. We had two many luggages and we seemed for help from staff. He said I can't help cz I m alone . We were quite shocked but we understand about that. There were two division to get to upstairs rooms and I asked Where is our room and he was saying loudly and pointing towards us saying I told u jz now and you dint listening to me. We were quite surprise and I was really upset. I told him nicely and tell him that u shouldn't talk like that to customers and yelling . I Definately not recommend this place unless you wanted really bad service even thought u are paying .

Room Tip: Bad experience
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Gliwice, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I spent there some 3 not complementary nights. Between days of my stay I traveled to other cities. It was great, that staff was always helpful and I could left there my bags even for my one week trip to other countries. The other good thing is that check-in hours depended on me, I could check in even before 11am. However, this is still budget hotel, so don't expect too much - rooms could be a little cleaner and sometimes you there are some disadvantages (like broken lighter). Rooms are not so silent, but silent enough. Beds comfortable. Breakfast included could be a little bigger. But in fact it's great hotel to stay in for price 15$.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was $15 per night, so compared to other ones I've stayed in it was a bit more than normal.
Problems started at checkin which took half an hour with the owner ignoring us.
The room was big and airy. Good.
The sheets were dirty.
The bathroom drain didn't drain AT ALL.
The loud AC unit directly outside the window of the non existent view kept me awake.
The TV had such a bad picture it wasn't worth watching.
The wifi stopped working at 9pm.
We went out to dinner and they turned off the power (normal) but after asking it took them 15 minutes to turn it back on.
I pointed out these issues to the manager as he got angry. I refused to pay the total bill. Said I'd pay 75%.
It was an awful experience. They won't fix anything for the next guests do just avoid it.

The best touch for me was a bedside lamp which had no builb in it or a plug.

• Stayed April 2012
Nottingham, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed at the Lucky Queen Hotel (also known as the Moonshine Palace hotel) for a couple of nights. Staff were really helpful, letting us check in early after arriving very tired on a night train and helping us to book tours in and around the area. A lot of hotels will offer you trips and add on a commission but we got a quote and checked out the same trip with other operators and our hotel offered by far the best price. They were just really heplful and not at all pushy. The price included a great breakfast and the location was perfect - a quiet (for Hanoi) street and only 5 minutes from Hoan Kiem lake. Would recommend a stay here.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the lucky queen for 3 nights in Feb and from the first moment I was there I realised this is a room and breakfast and that's all. The staff are OK, by no means friendly at first but they did warm up to us towards the end. Rooms are basic but clean. Breakfasts were good but I only ever chose the cereal - setup is choose 1 food item and 1 drink from list. The location is the best part of this hotel. A 5 min walk to hoan kiem lake and all the shops and restaurants. I will say this though, if you want a quiet hotel where you can sleep peacefully this is NOT the place!!! The owners have 2 small children under 3 who stay up very late and scream a lot. This hotel is more for young backpackers who are on a budget and not picky. I wouldn't come back again, I saw plenty of nicer hotels in the same area.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Lucky Queen Hotel? Share your experiences!