“Really satisfy with the vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #150 of 457 Activities in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: ActiveTravel Asia (ATA) offers a wide selection of Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar Adventure and Responsible tours, including hiking and trekking, biking, motorcycling, overland touring and family travel packages.The tour packages and custom itineraries will take travelers through exotic destinations to really experience the culture, history and nature of Asia. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy an unforgettable active vacation.
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Really satisfy with the vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I just want to say that I had an amazing trip with ActiveTravel for my trekking adventure. They have done a really good job and very responsive in everything. Our tour guide - Mr Nghiep was extremely awesome. He helped us overcome some messes we met in the trip and our safe was most priority; we totally satisfy with the time travel with ATA and we’ll certainly suggest our friend travel with Active Travel.

Visited July 2012

Kettering, United Kingdom
“Motorbiking Ho Chi Minh Half challenge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Active Travel Asia were absolutely fantastic. We did this tour as our honeymoon and from the initial emails planning our trip to arriving in Hanoi, meeting our guide and visiting all the sights, transport, hotels, food, motorbikes Active travel did an amazing faultless job. Our guide spoke good english and good fun to be around. The tour took us to non-tourist areas and we saw normal Vietnam places that other tourists don't see. Nothing was too much trouble and our agent kept in touch throughout the tour to check that there were no problems. All the hotels were clean and comfy. Travelling on a motorbike allowed us so much freedom and we were able to enjoy the views and sense of freedom that only happens on a bike. The back up truck carried our luggage and also provided a useful 'barrier' in busy towns when turning! There were lots of sights visited along the way all included and organised as part of the tour.
Massive thanks to Active Travel Asia for our honeymoon surprise evening too! A truly memorable honeymoon adventure!

Visited August 2012
“Nice balance of mother hen and solo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

These guys never dropped the ball. In the madness that is hanoi, my wife an i felt safe and confident enough to explore. The tour guide, Phuc, had excellent english and was a top ambssador for his company and country. The tour sorted out all the tedious stuff like getting from place to place and left us to absorb and enjoy. Small group tour,12 pax, good solution.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Sapa Trek and Topas Eco Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

My experience with ATA was excellent - from the first response to my enquiry about trekking dates to the hotel booking in Hanoi to the trek itself - all was handled with professionalism and great service. The guide Anh was fantastic - so helpful and made sure that I had a good time. I found the weather on the trek to be much hotter than I expected but the landscape was beautiful and the visits to the minority villages very interesting. Some of the craftswomen in the villages were very aggressive about selling their crafts, to the point that I didn't want to show any interest because I knew that this would bring about a deluge of "buy from me! buy from me!" The homestays were fine and the facilities not as primitive as I expected. The Eco Lodge was beautiful and so quiet - lovely to just sit on the balcony and watch the birds and listen to the trees blowing in the breeze.

Visited May 2012
san francisco
“Completely lost my trust”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I contacted them through their website to get information about some specific tours as I was planning my first trip to Asia, and based on their many tour descriptions , it sounded as if theyoffered the kind of active tours I was looking for.

Their responsivness was simple put terrible. I got an email over a week after my first request, from Bella, a travel consultant, that she was "working on it" - then I heard nothing. 2 weeks later I send another email wondering why I have not heard back, after yet another wait I get an email saying they had responsed but that it most have "gotten lost". They did sent me a proposed itiniary. I wrote back with some questions as there where a few things that I wanted to have changed. And then again no response.

I am not sure what other folks experience is, but I would at this point not consider traveling with this compay as I simple dont trust them. I am not about to get on a plane to the other side of the planet, hoping that a company who does not even repond to emails on a timely basis, will be providing me with any better service - or any at all for that matter - once I am on the ground.

I am seriously disappointed as there trips sounded really perfect, but again, not about to give my money away to a company that treats its potential customers this way.

Visited April 2012
activetravelasia, Manager at Active Travel Asia, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear mer94618,

We are very sorry about the problem about communication with you. It is unacceptable when you wait a few days for response. It is the first problem that we had as Ms. Bella's laptop had a problem with virus and lost all email so she could not reply you in our response's time required.

We all try my best to reply all customers within 6 hours and if weekend time, we try to reply all requests within 12 hours. We always try to ask customers some other way to reach them right way for suggestion and advice them before they choose our company or others.

We regret to lost you as my customers but It is the big experience for us to back up customer's database daily incase something was lost.

Again, We apologize for your bad experience and thanks for your complain that we can improve our email system.

We always online in our yahoo: activetravelvietnam or skype: activetravelasia for instant response.

Thanks & best regards,