“Sapa Trek and Topas Eco Lodge” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #140 of 411 Tours & Activities in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: ActiveTravel Asia (ATA) offers a wide selection of Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar Adventure and Responsible tours, including hiking and trekking, biking, motorcycling, overland touring and family travel packages.The tour packages and custom itineraries will take travelers through exotic destinations to really experience the culture, history and nature of Asia. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy an unforgettable active vacation.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Sapa Trek and Topas Eco Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

My experience with ATA was excellent - from the first response to my enquiry about trekking dates to the hotel booking in Hanoi to the trek itself - all was handled with professionalism and great service. The guide Anh was fantastic - so helpful and made sure that I had a good time. I found the weather on the trek to be much hotter than I expected but the landscape was beautiful and the visits to the minority villages very interesting. Some of the craftswomen in the villages were very aggressive about selling their crafts, to the point that I didn't want to show any interest because I knew that this would bring about a deluge of "buy from me! buy from me!" The homestays were fine and the facilities not as primitive as I expected. The Eco Lodge was beautiful and so quiet - lovely to just sit on the balcony and watch the birds and listen to the trees blowing in the breeze.

Visited May 2012

san francisco
“Completely lost my trust”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I contacted them through their website to get information about some specific tours as I was planning my first trip to Asia, and based on their many tour descriptions , it sounded as if theyoffered the kind of active tours I was looking for.

Their responsivness was simple put terrible. I got an email over a week after my first request, from Bella, a travel consultant, that she was "working on it" - then I heard nothing. 2 weeks later I send another email wondering why I have not heard back, after yet another wait I get an email saying they had responsed but that it most have "gotten lost". They did sent me a proposed itiniary. I wrote back with some questions as there where a few things that I wanted to have changed. And then again no response.

I am not sure what other folks experience is, but I would at this point not consider traveling with this compay as I simple dont trust them. I am not about to get on a plane to the other side of the planet, hoping that a company who does not even repond to emails on a timely basis, will be providing me with any better service - or any at all for that matter - once I am on the ground.

I am seriously disappointed as there trips sounded really perfect, but again, not about to give my money away to a company that treats its potential customers this way.

Visited April 2012
activetravelasia, Manager at Active Travel Asia, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear mer94618,

We are very sorry about the problem about communication with you. It is unacceptable when you wait a few days for response. It is the first problem that we had as Ms. Bella's laptop had a problem with virus and lost all email so she could not reply you in our response's time required.

We all try my best to reply all customers within 6 hours and if weekend time, we try to reply all requests within 12 hours. We always try to ask customers some other way to reach them right way for suggestion and advice them before they choose our company or others.

We regret to lost you as my customers but It is the big experience for us to back up customer's database daily incase something was lost.

Again, We apologize for your bad experience and thanks for your complain that we can improve our email system.

We always online in our yahoo: activetravelvietnam or skype: activetravelasia for instant response.

Thanks & best regards,

Bobby Nguyen - Managing Director
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“The best tour we did in Vietnam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We joined the seat-in-coach tour to visit Ha Long bay and we had a great day with this company. The tour was well-organized and fantastic. We liked kayak tour to see the marvelous caves. Ha Long bay was so beautiful and this tour was great. We can't wait to be back!!!

Visited April 2012
Bandung, Indonesia
“Wonderful trip in Vietnam, Cambodia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We are home now and cannot forget the wonderful trip with ATA in Vietnam and Cambodia. The guides and drives are very friendly and helpful those lead us from this surprise to another. We highly appreciate their professional services which made us fell well cared for. Hope that we have chance to come back Vietnam and enjoy more adventure tours with them.

Visited February 2012
New York City, New York
“Wonderful trip to Vietnam and Cambodia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We have wonderful visit to Vietnam and Cambodia with Active Travel. We understand you have done great job for us in a month in Vietnam and Cambodia. Our guide and driver in Cambodia and Vietnam were different but all take care us very well on their way. We feel that they are professional and rich knowledge.

Our accommodation were comfortable and clean with romantic view in each destination. We have tried almost local food as well and we enjoyed it.

We almost completed our itinerary but we feel that we are not lazy travelers. Our tour guide remained flexible and make us feel in their special way to our trip.

We will recommend Active Travel Asia to our friends who plan to Vietnam and Cambodia and hope to be back in Vietnam in the next time.

Visited February 2012

Been to Active Travel Asia? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Active Travel Asia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.